: Device Control - Sony TV / Bose Soundbar

Discus and support : Device Control - Sony TV / Bose Soundbar in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : Device Control - Sony TV / Bose Soundbar Hello everyone! I have an Xbox One X and I just got a Sony x750h 65” TV and a Bose Solo 5 soundbar... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by BionicRogue21, Jan 6, 2021.

1. : Device Control - Sony TV / Bose Soundbar

Hello everyone!

I have an Xbox One X and I just got a Sony x750h 65” TV and a Bose Solo 5 soundbar (connected via Optical). I am trying to do 2 things and, for some reason, neither of them are successful...

1) I want control the Xbox with the Sony TV remote. It automatically detects the TV/remote instantly, but for some reason the remote doesn’t navigate the Xbox at all.

2) Device Power Options - I want the TV to turn on/off when the Xbox turns on/off, but this isn’t working either. Under TV as the device, I have tried “When Xbox turns on, send...” both [On] and [Toggle] and neither work. This is the same for off. I have
    noticed that the TV’s little LED light quickly turns off and then quickly back on when I turn my xbox off. But the TV remains on with the typical “no signal” screen (since my xbox is off).

Does anyone know how to solve these issues? Is the Bose soundbar affecting things from working properly? Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

:)

BionicRogue21, Jan 6, 2021
  2. andersonpassos Win User

I want to control volume on my XBox One remote control. My Soundbar (Bose) is connected by HDMI to my TV Sharp. What setting do I need to choose?

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good afternoon

First, make sure your Xbox One is connected to your TV via HDMI.

Next, connect your Bose Soundbar to your TV using an HDMI cable.

On your Sharp TV, go to the audio settings menu and select "HDMI Audio Output."

Select the HDMI port to which your Bose Soundbar is connected.

Once the HDMI connection is established, the audio from your Xbox One should be routed through your TV and into your Soundbar.

Now, you should be able to control the volume of your Bose Soundbar using your Xbox One remote.
  3. Upinya Slayin Win User

Universal Remote for XB1, Samsung TV, Virgin Media (TiVO) Bose Solo Soundbar & Apple TV??

@rand

sure it won't control all your consoles lol. but it will control your roku, xbox, tv, and sound system. I have a bose soundbar, direcTV reciever, samsung TV, and xbox and it controls all 4 of them with ease from my cell and via voice commands
  4. Upinya Slayin Win User

Universal Remote for XB1, Samsung TV, Virgin Media (TiVO) Bose Solo Soundbar & Apple TV??

use your phone and smartglass. thats what i use for the XB1, bose soundbar, DirecTV reciever and Samsung TV. its the best universal remote ever.
  5. KiLLFAIR729 Win User

Sound cuts out????

I's a Bose CineMate 1 SR Speaker Array and I have a an optical cable going from the soundbar to the TV. Then I have an HDMI cable going from the Xbox One to the TV. I do not have any optical cables connected to the Xbox One.
  6. Upinya Slayin Win User

Lg sound bar with xb1 help!

i have the same setup with my bose soundbar. its the way to go
Thema:

1. : Device Control - Sony TV / Bose Soundbar - Similar Threads - Device Control Sony

2. fix ps3 controller unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed)

in XBoX on Windows
    fix ps3 controller unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed): TRIED SCP TOOLKIT my controller is a copy of the original dualshock 3 controller. 523e77b9-9ef3-46f6-a19a-79d5fd97cea0
  3. Xbox Controller says Try connecting your device again.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller says Try connecting your device again.: As the title says it, I cannot connect my controller wirelessly or with a wire. Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Ram: 16gb Mobo: Gigabyte B550 UD AC-Y1 SSD: WD sn750 se 1tb I have tried to...
  4. is Tv device control compatible with a onn tv?

in XBoX on Consoles
    is Tv device control compatible with a onn tv?: unsure on what to do [img] 80d02b12-2584-4a16-9162-895c5101c70a
  5. Why does my Xbox Controller not show up in Device Manager?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox Controller not show up in Device Manager?: I had an Xbox Controller that was working on Tuesday. Yesterday, it stopped working. Yesterday, in Device Manager, it said "Device Descriptor Request Failed", and I followed several guides online...
  6. Xbox one Controller identified as Bluetooth LE Xinput Device

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one Controller identified as Bluetooth LE Xinput Device: What it says, i found a locked thread about exactly the same issue but none of the fixes work for me. cannot roll back the firmware on xbox accessories and the trick with human interface devices...
  7. I accidentally deleted my Xbox controller from my device manager and i can't find a way to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I accidentally deleted my Xbox controller from my device manager and i can't find a way to...: Can anyone tell me a way to do that? 068f9475-6371-44bc-a8ef-b669c2fa71ca
  8. why did it ask me to let xbox app control my device during an update on my new surface pro?...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why did it ask me to let xbox app control my device during an update on my new surface pro?...: why did it ask me to let xbox app control my device during an update on my new surface pro? Does it have access to any of my information? Why would I want xbox app to control my device? I don't...
  9. Using Xbox controller with 2 different Bluetooth devices.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using Xbox controller with 2 different Bluetooth devices.: The Xbox Series X controller's feature that enables you to switch between two different Bluetooth devices has changed in the last controller firmware update. It used to be that if you had a PC...
  10. USB device malfunctioning. Turning the controller on disconnects the dongle.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    USB device malfunctioning. Turning the controller on disconnects the dongle.: So, I have had some problems with my Cosmic Byte Ares Wireless Controller for a while now. It used to connect fine sometimes, and I thought it was a loose connection due to which it might not be...