DEV 401 Error trying too play MW2

Discus and support DEV 401 Error trying too play MW2 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I can load the game and bring up the menus and it shows that i've connected to the XBOX Live but every time i try to load a game i get a DEV 401 ERROR... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Weimer369, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Weimer369
    Weimer369 Guest

I can load the game and bring up the menus and it shows that i've connected to the XBOX Live but every time i try to load a game i get a DEV 401 ERROR message. Happens with multiplayer, Warzone, DMZ...every time i select start match i get a pop up and get booted.

I Googled and found info on fixing it by changing my "FPS" setting to unlimited...but i can't find the option ( PC Only? )

:)

Weimer369, Dec 4, 2022
  2. Weimer369 Win User

Thank You for the reply Josef...i will try these fixes and see if it works.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community.
    My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor

Hope you're doing great today despite this Weimer369

I can suggest you some things to try, but if the issue persist you may need to reach Activision support

https://support.activision.com/options

A. Power cycle the Xbox:
    1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.
    Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

After that, remove and re-add your profile on the console.
    In case you need it, here's how to remove and re-add:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/m...

Also disconnect your router from power for about 3 minutes. Then connect it again an when everything is working, enable all the remote play features and try again

B. Try using a custom DNS address:
    go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings

Once you’re inside the Advanced Settings menu, go to DNS settings and select Manual from the list of available options.
    When you get to the next screen, enter 8.8.8.8 in the box associated with the Primary DNS and 8.8.4.4 in the Secondary DNS box.

Once the default DNS addresses have been changed, restart your console and see if the issue has been resolved at the next console startup.
    If that doesn't work use 1.1.1.1 as primary and 1.0.0.1 as secondary

C. Clear your MAC address
    Go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings > Alternate MAC Address
    Select Clear, restart your console and give it a new try

D. Try connecting your console to a completely different Wi-Fi network
    For this purpose you can share mobile data via Wi-Fi hotspot

E. Reinstall the game

F. Do a factory reset for your console but keeping games and apps
    Go to Settings > System > Console info > reset and then select keep my games and apps
    **Make sure to know the email and password for all your accounts
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Sure Weimer!
    Wishing you the best of lucks
  5. Ryan Davey Win User

Game Pass friends & family share

I'm experiencing the same issue with the invites I send.

When the invited person (all in my region) clicks the invite email or follows the invite like it doesn't work, they get a spinner with "Working".

If I open the dev console the "checkInvitation" request is an error (401).

I think this is a bug.

I have been trying to report this to Microsoft, but I cannot seem to get a callback or chat to a support agent.
  6. xR0ADxRAGEx Win User

xbox ambassador email problems

I got the email, but when i try to sign in, or go to the website, it says error 401 unauthorised: I'm annoyed, as I've been trying all day....
Thema:

1. DEV 401 Error trying too play MW2 - Similar Threads - DEV 401 Error

2. i want to use paypal to pay xbox dev mode how i do it and its possible?

in XBoX on Windows
    i want to use paypal to pay xbox dev mode how i do it and its possible?: i want to use paypal and i want to know its possible or not? 091b7486-acad-4eaa-8b7f-640018b0e55d
  3. I am getting an error code Dev error 12502 I cannot play multiplayer game off-line. It will...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am getting an error code Dev error 12502 I cannot play multiplayer game off-line. It will...: After season three download, I cannot play multiplayer off-line. I keep on getting the air I can play. Campaign game off-line. I cannot get this issue resolved. ce617d6b-1b50-4280-895e-816e235cad4b
  4. xbox one s dev mode loop blank screen

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox one s dev mode loop blank screen: Hi I activated dev mode on my xbox one s but it started turning on and off on its own giving me only a black screen. What can I do to get out of this loop? And why doesn't dev mode activate?...
  5. Dev account cost paying without credit card

in XBoX Accessibility
    Dev account cost paying without credit card: Hello i have a question i would like to add a dev account to my account the costs are 14 euro... i have 15 euro in my account it gives me the option to pay in credit card or in promo code... i...
  6. Why can I not pay for Xbox Dev Mode?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can I not pay for Xbox Dev Mode?: I have tried to pay for an Xbox Dev Mode account yesterday and it wouldn’t work. It said that the payment for £14.40 had been declined. I knew that I had enough in my account to play for it and I...
  7. Need Help because can't activate Dev mode on Xbox Series S.

in XboX Insiders
    Need Help because can't activate Dev mode on Xbox Series S.: Hello devs and community, in the past days i had an error on my xbox that can't access to dev mode menu because it shows me an error that says that i cant activate Dev mode on my console, and in...
  8. Xbox dev mode help can’t install safe mode on Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox dev mode help can’t install safe mode on Xbox: I just started setting up dev mode on my Xbox but now I’m trying to install safe exit and the other things I need but I keep getting hit with an error message saying the install failed can someone...
  9. Não consigo logar na minha conta de dev do Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Não consigo logar na minha conta de dev do Xbox: Estou tentando logar na minha conta de dev pelo endereço de IP fornecido pelo Xbox (https://11443 e https://xbox:11443), e quando eu digito na barra de pesquisa aparece que não é possível acessar...
  10. Xbox Dev Mode question about insider hub

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Dev Mode question about insider hub: So, I want to try out dev mode because it can let me try UWP apps, but I don't know how to know if I'm out of xbox insider hub as I heard it can ruin your Xbox and one time it actually did, my...