Destiny 2?

Discus and support Destiny 2? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am considering getting Destiny 2, but I am not completely sure how it is? Like, is it worth it or not worth it? I played a little of the original... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LtCornsyrup, Sep 15, 2017.

1. LtCornsyrup
    LtCornsyrup Guest

Destiny 2?

I am considering getting Destiny 2, but I am not completely sure how it is? Like, is it worth it or not worth it? I played a little of the original Destiny, but jumped in a little late so I didn't get the full effect of the first one and was a little disappointed..
    So I am just curious to know what everyone is thinking.

:)

LtCornsyrup, Sep 15, 2017
  2. Pickicool
    Pickicool Guest
    Destiny = Borderlands?

It's funny, because I thought that almost the same thing!
    Borderlands was not the level of Destiny on all points.

We could say that Borderlands is half of Destiny!

Destiny can play with multiple players. Borderlands offered only a coop mode.
    Borderlands has a particular graphic style and Destiny impressed us!
    Destiny is just beautiful!

I think we will not until next year this game! But I like it for the moment!

Pickicool, Sep 15, 2017
  3. rustybin
    rustybin Guest
    Anthem (X1) (TBA)

Is this likely to be a grind-fest like Destiny / Division?

rustybin, Sep 15, 2017
  4. BigB EC
    BigB EC Guest

Destiny 2?

I am waiting for the complete edition and that is if I get it but lately I have watched vids on youtube, streams on twitch and mixer to help make up my mind. The one person I asked said it was awesome.

BigB EC, Sep 15, 2017
  5. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    Asking Destiny fans if the game is good is like asking a chocolate lover what their favourite flavour of ice cream is, lol.

However, I am enjoying Destiny 2 quite a bit. There are some things in the game that I wish they'd change such as adding the ability to choose which strike or crucible match type you'd like to play instead of leaving it random. Also, there are a lot of
    people, including myself, who'd love to be able to play some of the story missions again so hopefully those will be put back into the mix again soon.

Overall though, I'd give it an 8.5 out of 10 for the shear enjoyability and playability of the game. I'd recommend getting it and playing.

onyxishere, Sep 15, 2017
  6. Is it perfect, no but nothing is. If you enjoyed the first game, then I would say you will love this game. The game is pretty much a multiplayer only game. The story is better than the first game, but still lacking in some ways. But honestly, I don't think
    very many people are buying it for the story. Overall I have really enjoyed my time I have put into the game so far. If I were you I would check out some youtube videos and see if you like it.

Hope this Helps Happy Gaming!!!

Castellus Zemi, Sep 23, 2017
  7. Its not that great, i'm saddened to say. The marketing director has earned a well deserved bonus. The marketing and hype was sensational and people bought it. The visual art director has earned a good bonus too. Its very pretty and fancy. The gameplay director
    needs to be fired, as well as the weapons design team. Incredibly boring. So much potential squandered. I honestly think this will be flop of the year. But that's after everybody has bought it, and Deej has 7 new yachts.

Minecrafty Dad, Sep 26, 2017
  8. Destiny 2?

Horrible. It is worse than D1. Seriously. Don't bother. See their forums and you'll understand.

russian69hitman, Oct 5, 2017
  9. pandashrills
    pandashrills Guest
    For a casual gamer, the experience can go either way. On a surface level, Destiny 2 is as much of if not more of a grind than the first to get leveled and better loot, however the sequel makes exotic and legendary loot more accessible, and unlike the initial
    launch of the first game, on Destiny 2 you can gain experience and good loot from doing any activity that pertains to your preference, not just raids, the nightfall, or crucible. Crucible is weird now. Personally, I'm not a fan, you can't choose your own game
    mode anymore, everything is 4v4–people prefer not to take risks, they hang back, team shot, rinse and repeat, even in Trials of the Nine (formerly Osiris). Gets boring. I feel like it's a good way to beat the time, but if it's all you play, and you end up
    leveling up, you run out of things to do. They did listen to the community, improvements were made and will likely continue, for now I'd grade it a solid, low B. Try not to burn yourself out. For just starting back at Destiny, I'd buy the base game and give
    it a shot. This is coming from someone who's played since the first game came out, if that helps any.

pandashrills, Oct 9, 2017
  10. IISlye
    IISlye Guest
    Agreed with totally, its basically a prettier version of destiny one. Same ideas behind play which is grind your ass off to achieve a high light level so you can grind some more for different gear and weapons. Im througly disappointed with it and tired of
    the grind. Not to mention the recycled gear from the first game as well as crappy perked new gear. How to get my money's worth out if this is still up for debate.

IISlye, Oct 14, 2017
  11. BigPete7978
    BigPete7978 Guest
    I actually didn’t care for the first Destiny at all. I was hesitant to get Destiny 2, but sure glad I made the purchase. Just beat the game last night as a Titan and immediately created my other two characters. The game is just fun.

BigPete7978, Oct 16, 2017
  12. I personally think the game has become quite stale, it starts off as a great game but the end game grind becomes a bit of a bore fest.

I am hoping the expansions add a little more content.

Mutated Monkeyz, Oct 22, 2017
  13. Destiny 2?

I preordered the game and my friends and i ran through the entire storyline in about 8 hrs... I love this game/world so much and even if it gets a little stale, I've found that with other guardians the sense of adventure and thrill
    always comes back. I can't wait to see/experience the additions to come. ❤

puddingcatkenma, Oct 26, 2017
  14. ROMANPOODLES
    ROMANPOODLES Guest
    Its a great game, its very fun and time consuming definitely a top 10 on must buy games !

ROMANPOODLES, Nov 2, 2018
  15. Zatomas Win User

Happy Easter Everyone! What's on the play list this weekend?

HAPPY EASTER! 🐣

I'll go with Destiny 2 and Destiny 2 and Destiny 2 😁
  16. Dr WolfGirl Win User

Raid help!!!!

Destiny 1 or Destiny 2? Also is this on Xbox one?
  17. XBF Crystal P Win User

Destiny 2

Hi there Spider,

Thanks for reaching out. The
    Destiny 2: Forsaken - Legendary Collection
    will come with the following contents:

• Destiny 2
    • Expansion I: Curse of Osiris
    • Expansion II: Warmind
    • Destiny 2: Forsaken

Hope this helps.
  18. EPIC PersyMan Win User

How many of you started playing Destiny 2 now that it's free?

destiny since day one and only the vanilla of destiny 2
  19. Lei Fang DOAX3 Win User

What do you guys and girls think about Destiny 2 being delayed?

Hello "boot61" :)

I think that Destiny 2 is going to be a super mega huge expansion of Destiny 1 and they're just calling it Destiny 2.

Have a nice day or afternoon or night "boot61" :)

Thema:

Destiny 2?

1. Destiny 2? - Similar Threads - Destiny

2. Destiny 2 inconsistently crashing on my series x and its peeing me off

in XboX Insiders
    Destiny 2 inconsistently crashing on my series x and its peeing me off: Destiny 2 keeps crashing on my xbox and sometimes outright shuts it down. There's no consistency as to when the game crashes and its just destiny 2, every other game runs perfectly and I have no...
  3. Destiny 2 Gifted Code (PC)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny 2 Gifted Code (PC): My friend gifted me a code for the Destiny 2: Triumphant Silver Bundle. I received an xbox message telling me to redeem the code. It took me to the microsoft store page to redeem. I redeemed...
  4. Disconnected when playing Destiny with specific players

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disconnected when playing Destiny with specific players: Hi, so for the past couple of days I have been having connection issues with a specific friend. I am not quite sure what triggered this problem and have not come close to solving it. I play with a...
  5. I am playing destiny 2 on my pc through the Xbox app i am getting the error Stingray.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am playing destiny 2 on my pc through the Xbox app i am getting the error Stingray.: I am playing destiny 2 on my pc through the Xbox app i am getting the error Stingray. I am signed in on the Xbox app. i uninstalled the game twice. and also tried to repair the game. the game will...
  6. Destiny 2 final shape preorder

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny 2 final shape preorder: Hi, my preorder was cancelled because of the game changing release dates but I didn't get the money back from the preorder is there anyway that I can? 850b2a8b-09b4-49a5-8bad-a76952fff6a3
  7. Destiny 2 The Final Shape Pre Order Issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny 2 The Final Shape Pre Order Issue: I woke up and all of a sudden it said my pre order got canceled there’s nothing wrong with my card or anything so I checked if I can re download it through the xbox it said I owned it but I...
  8. Destiny 2 Lightfall code redeemed but nothing happens

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny 2 Lightfall code redeemed but nothing happens: A friend gifted me with a code to redeem Lightfall for Destiny 2, but he didn't realize I was playing through Steam on a PC and not directly through XBox. I am aware you guys have completely...
  9. Cross play disabled on Microsoft store Destiny 2 pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cross play disabled on Microsoft store Destiny 2 pc: I downloaded the Destiny 2 base (free) game for the pc. Pvp is supposed to be free to play. But when I attempt to play a pvp mode, the game tells me that cross play is currently disabled. I have...
  10. Destiny 2 launches via Steam but not via Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny 2 launches via Steam but not via Game Pass: For the past week I have been unable to launch Destiny 2 on PC Game Pass. I downloaded it as a trial on Steam and works just fine. The problem is that all the DLC is purchased via Game Pass so I...