Destiny 2 wrong launch date

Discus and support Destiny 2 wrong launch date in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I received a press review code from Activision for the base Destiny 2 game, I downloaded it and i can't play due to the wrong release date on the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Rednukes, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Rednukes
    Rednukes Guest

I received a press review code from Activision for the base Destiny 2 game, I downloaded it and i can't play due to the wrong release date on the store. Now i need to do the review, and i cannot wait two weeks for an error, for obvious reasons, there is
    any way to fix this?

Thanks,

Sam

:)

Rednukes, Sep 7, 2017
  2. Ni6HTH4wK
    Ni6HTH4wK Guest
    Fixed - Destiny 2 Launch Date

Well, it's Sept 6th in Japan and still no release. This "minor" glitch is pissing me off.

Ni6HTH4wK, Sep 7, 2017
  3. Fixed - Destiny 2 Launch Date

This issue is most certainly not fixed. I am tracking people across the world saying that the store date is preventing them from launching. Xbox support has been largely unhelpful on this issue and if the community doesn't take notice then they will drag
    their feet and ultimately not make any fixes. Please continue to upvote threads that are highlighting this issue and contact support with references from Bungie to prove that their game is meant to launch in ALL areas of the world in less than 8 and a half
    hours.

xXArchEnigmaXx, Sep 7, 2017
  4. Destiny 2 wrong launch date

ONEEYEDKILLAh, Sep 7, 2017
  5. Rednukes
    Rednukes Guest
    I notice they have different dates, but the 20 sept is wrong, as is the only version nof the game in all stores that releases that day, is also an issue recognised by Bungie in their help page, in which they suggest to contact the xbox support if having
    trouble with it. As you can see under emergent issues in this link [BUNGIE] Destiny 2 Vital Information and Known Issues > Help | Forums | Bungie.net at this time i'm still unable to access a game that
    released in all of it forms on the 6th of september. I have tha base version, provided directly by Activision through a review code yesterday, the game is downloaded and installed but locked by the wrong release date.

Rednukes, Sep 7, 2017
  6. Have you tried restarting the console by pressing the xbox button on the console for 10 seconds? Have you tried launching from the manage game screen?

ONEEYEDKILLAh, Sep 7, 2017
  7. If the above mentioned power-cycle doesn't fix, try Removing and then Re-adding your microsoft account

InCaudaVenenum, Sep 7, 2017
  8. pr1malg3ar
    pr1malg3ar Guest

did removing and addingthe account help?

pr1malg3ar, Sep 7, 2017
  9. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    That's unfortunate. I'm not sure what's up with that as the 20th of Sept. is listed as when the base game will be available as a standalone title only and shouldn't affect the playability of the game. I would recommend contacting Activision to let them
    know and see if they can suggest anything.

onyxishere, Sep 7, 2017
  10. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    Just took a similar question from someone with the same situation as you. Turns out they had an unlock code for the game in their email as well. Please check your emails for an extra code to unlock the game.

onyxishere, Sep 8, 2017
  11. x polygon x
    x polygon x Guest
    Same problem. Couldn't be fixed by power cycling, removing account, restoring licenses etc.

What bugs me is that the same standalone game tile in store is part of the bundles that work.

In all the working bundles when I check contents it says Owned / Installed on the Destiny 2 tile. yet I cannot start the game.

x polygon x, Sep 8, 2017
  12. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest
    Hey all.

The release date of the stand alone version of Destiny 2 is correct, as the launch bundle is what's available currently. Because this in regards to a review copy, we recommend reaching back out to Activision to let them know that the provided code is for a
    version of the game that releases at a later date. Thanks a ton for your understanding and if any other Xbox support questions pop up, definitely let us know.

Mister Maka, Nov 2, 2018
  13. InCaudaVenenum Win User

Have you tried restarting the console by pressing the xbox button on the console for 10 seconds? Have you tried launching from the manage game screen?
    If the above mentioned power-cycle doesn't fix, try Removing and then Re-adding your microsoft account
  14. ONEEYEDKILLAh Win User

Have you tried restarting the console by pressing the xbox button on the console for 10 seconds? Have you tried launching from the manage game screen?
  15. Rednukes Win User

I notice they have different dates, but the 20 sept is wrong, as is the only version nof the game in all stores that releases that day, is also an issue recognised by Bungie in their help page, in which they suggest to contact the xbox support if having
    trouble with it. As you can see under emergent issues in this link https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/230481604?sort=0&page=0 at this time i'm still unable to access a game that
    released in all of it forms on the 6th of september. I have tha base version, provided directly by Activision through a review code yesterday, the game is downloaded and installed but locked by the wrong release date.
  16. ONEEYEDKILLAh Win User

17. x polygon x Win User

Same problem. Couldn't be fixed by power cycling, removing account, restoring licenses etc.

What bugs me is that the same standalone game tile in store is part of the bundles that work.

In all the working bundles when I check contents it says Owned / Installed on the Destiny 2 tile. yet I cannot start the game.
Thema:

1. Destiny 2 wrong launch date - Similar Threads - Destiny wrong launch

2. Destiny 2 inconsistently crashing on my series x and its peeing me off

in XboX Insiders
    Destiny 2 inconsistently crashing on my series x and its peeing me off: Destiny 2 keeps crashing on my xbox and sometimes outright shuts it down. There's no consistency as to when the game crashes and its just destiny 2, every other game runs perfectly and I have no...
  3. Destiny 2 Gifted Code (PC)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny 2 Gifted Code (PC): My friend gifted me a code for the Destiny 2: Triumphant Silver Bundle. I received an xbox message telling me to redeem the code. It took me to the microsoft store page to redeem. I redeemed...
  4. Disconnected when playing Destiny with specific players

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disconnected when playing Destiny with specific players: Hi, so for the past couple of days I have been having connection issues with a specific friend. I am not quite sure what triggered this problem and have not come close to solving it. I play with a...
  5. I am playing destiny 2 on my pc through the Xbox app i am getting the error Stingray.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am playing destiny 2 on my pc through the Xbox app i am getting the error Stingray.: I am playing destiny 2 on my pc through the Xbox app i am getting the error Stingray. I am signed in on the Xbox app. i uninstalled the game twice. and also tried to repair the game. the game will...
  6. Destiny 2 final shape preorder

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny 2 final shape preorder: Hi, my preorder was cancelled because of the game changing release dates but I didn't get the money back from the preorder is there anyway that I can? 850b2a8b-09b4-49a5-8bad-a76952fff6a3
  7. Destiny 2 The Final Shape Pre Order Issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny 2 The Final Shape Pre Order Issue: I woke up and all of a sudden it said my pre order got canceled there’s nothing wrong with my card or anything so I checked if I can re download it through the xbox it said I owned it but I...
  8. Destiny 2 Lightfall code redeemed but nothing happens

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny 2 Lightfall code redeemed but nothing happens: A friend gifted me with a code to redeem Lightfall for Destiny 2, but he didn't realize I was playing through Steam on a PC and not directly through XBox. I am aware you guys have completely...
  9. Cross play disabled on Microsoft store Destiny 2 pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cross play disabled on Microsoft store Destiny 2 pc: I downloaded the Destiny 2 base (free) game for the pc. Pvp is supposed to be free to play. But when I attempt to play a pvp mode, the game tells me that cross play is currently disabled. I have...
  10. Destiny 2 launches via Steam but not via Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny 2 launches via Steam but not via Game Pass: For the past week I have been unable to launch Destiny 2 on PC Game Pass. I downloaded it as a trial on Steam and works just fine. The problem is that all the DLC is purchased via Game Pass so I...