Destiny 2 release date still wrong on the store.

Discus and support Destiny 2 release date still wrong on the store. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I understand that the ambassadors on this forum have been assuring us that Destiny 2 will launch on the 6th as intended by Bungie, but the fact remains... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by xXArchEnigmaXx, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Destiny 2 release date still wrong on the store.

I understand that the ambassadors on this forum have been assuring us that Destiny 2 will launch on the 6th as intended by Bungie, but the fact remains that the store appears to be coded to not allow players access to the base game until september 20th.
    Currently everything except the base game is available play on the 6th of september. That will be absolutely useless if the store denies players who digitally downloaded access until 12 days later. For months now the release date for consoles has been september
    8th and more recently september 6th. If this is an issue with updating the current release date of the game then it should have been taken care of a long time ago.

:)

xXArchEnigmaXx, Sep 4, 2017
  2. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    Destiny 2

The Destiny 2 release date is Sept 6. It should be available at midnight in your time zone. If there is a different date in the store then it is a glitch.

onyxishere, Sep 4, 2017
  3. XBOX STORE BUG, DESTINY 2 RELEASE

I'm trying to play destiny 2, long after midnight, but it's not letting me. On the Xbox, when I click on destiny 2 it says "you're too early", so I check the store and it says "available on 9/20/2017 12:00:00 AM". Please fix this bug so that the destiny
    community can actually play the game on release date!

SLIPPERY B0GLE, Sep 4, 2017
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

I believe the issue here is that the base game won't be available for purchase until the date specified, not that it won't be available to play. If you only want to purchase the base game then may I suggest this https://www.microsoft.com/store/p/destiny-2-launch-edition/bw0qh5vknn8j
    as it will provide you with the base plus a couple of extras for a lower price.

onyxishere, Sep 4, 2017
  5. I am hoping that this is just the case but i have not been able to find a definitive answer after hours of searching and contacting support. If midnight on the 6th comes and I am able to play the game i paid for then there will not be an issue. The way the
    information on release dates is formatted by Xbox is atrocious and very much leads me to believe that they do not know the actual release date of this game for consoles set forth by Bungie month's ago.

xXArchEnigmaXx, Nov 2, 2018
  6. xXArchEnigmaXx Win User

I believe the issue here is that the base game won't be available for purchase until the date specified, not that it won't be available to play. If you only want to purchase the base game then may I suggest this https://www.microsoft.com/store/p/destiny-2-launch-edition/bw0qh5vknn8j
    I am hoping that this is just the case but i have not been able to find a definitive answer after hours of searching and contacting support. If midnight on the 6th comes and I am able to play the game i paid for then there will not be an issue. The way the
    information on release dates is formatted by Xbox is atrocious and very much leads me to believe that they do not know the actual release date of this game for consoles set forth by Bungie month's ago.
  7. onyxishere Win User

8. onyxishere Win User

Destiny 2

The Destiny 2 release date is Sept 6. It should be available at midnight in your time zone. If there is a different date in the store then it is a glitch.
  9. Heretical1 Win User

XBOX STORE BUG, DESTINY 2 RELEASE

It is currently 1:48 p.m. Central Standard Time and my digital copy of Destiny 2 is still not working due to release date glitch!!
  10. onyxishere Win User

Wrong release date on destiny 2 base game

I believe they meant the base game being available for purchase as a stand alone title not bundled with anything else. Currently the base game can only be purchased as part of a bundle. As a whole, the game will be available to play on the date I mentioned.
Thema:

1. Destiny 2 release date still wrong on the store. - Similar Threads - Destiny release date

2. Destiny 2 inconsistently crashing on my series x and its peeing me off

in XboX Insiders
    Destiny 2 inconsistently crashing on my series x and its peeing me off: Destiny 2 keeps crashing on my xbox and sometimes outright shuts it down. There's no consistency as to when the game crashes and its just destiny 2, every other game runs perfectly and I have no...
  3. Destiny 2 Gifted Code (PC)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny 2 Gifted Code (PC): My friend gifted me a code for the Destiny 2: Triumphant Silver Bundle. I received an xbox message telling me to redeem the code. It took me to the microsoft store page to redeem. I redeemed...
  4. Disconnected when playing Destiny with specific players

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disconnected when playing Destiny with specific players: Hi, so for the past couple of days I have been having connection issues with a specific friend. I am not quite sure what triggered this problem and have not come close to solving it. I play with a...
  5. I am playing destiny 2 on my pc through the Xbox app i am getting the error Stingray.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am playing destiny 2 on my pc through the Xbox app i am getting the error Stingray.: I am playing destiny 2 on my pc through the Xbox app i am getting the error Stingray. I am signed in on the Xbox app. i uninstalled the game twice. and also tried to repair the game. the game will...
  6. Destiny 2 final shape preorder

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny 2 final shape preorder: Hi, my preorder was cancelled because of the game changing release dates but I didn't get the money back from the preorder is there anyway that I can? 850b2a8b-09b4-49a5-8bad-a76952fff6a3
  7. Destiny 2 The Final Shape Pre Order Issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny 2 The Final Shape Pre Order Issue: I woke up and all of a sudden it said my pre order got canceled there’s nothing wrong with my card or anything so I checked if I can re download it through the xbox it said I owned it but I...
  8. Destiny 2 Lightfall code redeemed but nothing happens

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny 2 Lightfall code redeemed but nothing happens: A friend gifted me with a code to redeem Lightfall for Destiny 2, but he didn't realize I was playing through Steam on a PC and not directly through XBox. I am aware you guys have completely...
  9. Cross play disabled on Microsoft store Destiny 2 pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cross play disabled on Microsoft store Destiny 2 pc: I downloaded the Destiny 2 base (free) game for the pc. Pvp is supposed to be free to play. But when I attempt to play a pvp mode, the game tells me that cross play is currently disabled. I have...
  10. Destiny 2 launches via Steam but not via Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny 2 launches via Steam but not via Game Pass: For the past week I have been unable to launch Destiny 2 on PC Game Pass. I downloaded it as a trial on Steam and works just fine. The problem is that all the DLC is purchased via Game Pass so I...