Destiny 2 PC game sharing not working since recent patch?

Discus and support Destiny 2 PC game sharing not working since recent patch? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Many people have went to the Bungie help forums to report that their game sharing of Destiny 2 DLC hasn't been working since a recent patch around... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CollinDavis2, Mar 25, 2023.

1. CollinDavis2
    CollinDavis2 Guest

Many people have went to the Bungie help forums to report that their game sharing of Destiny 2 DLC hasn't been working since a recent patch around yesterday I believe. Me and my friends are in the same predicament. Any attempts to ask Bungie why this isn't working results in them saying that the problem is on Microsoft's end, not theirs. They also will not attempt to fix problems with gameshare, as apparently they need the user to actually own all the DLC themselves in order to help. This has affected way more people than just me, please help!

:)

CollinDavis2, Mar 25, 2023
  2. Franubis5504 Win User

Holy **** this **** forum is even worse than **** Twitter.

Here, so you guys can catch up.

DESTINY 2 IS AVAILABLE ON PC ON STEAM AND THE XBOX APP.

IT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE ON BATTLE NET.

Ok, with that outta the way.

YOU USED TO BE ABLE TO SHARE YOUR DLC FOR THE XBOX APP PC VERSION OF THE GAME, BUT BUNGIE HAS CHANGED THAT.

This worked by using a different Xbox account on the Windows store than on the Xbox app.

Before somebody says "hurr that was unintentional", nope. It is intentional. Because there is an option to do so EXPLICITLY through the Xbox app on PC. Game sharing games and DLC is intentional on MS' part.

So this was Bungie removing the ability to share DLC on PC.
  3. CollinDavis2 Win User

Do you play on xbox or PC?
  4. Tezzarrific Win User

destiny is not on battlenet, it was removed and moved to steam several years ago, the game is available on steam, microsoft store and epic store.

pc gameshare works fine and has been a thing for years, how do you think i share all my pc content with my 5 kids.

Bungie has always wanted to stop sharing to make more money, hence why they vault all previous dlc that people paid for to make the game as sparse as possible forcing you to buy the latest, I bought destiny originally on 3 systems and all the dlc but have now given up on that game and company due to their greed, also Sony will have pushed them to stop allowing the sharing of dlc too.

And as Sony is involved i bet you a million that they still allow dlc sharing on the playstation console.
  5. ngocphi Win User

Apparently you missed the memo

NEW OWNERS = new rules

That int false there was never gameshare on pc some.games support cross-platform.dlc However with all things some things come to an end especially when new owners are involved

2nd that's article.is direct from.bungie /sony not.bungie Activision

Bungie owns destiny and sony owns bungie now

Bungie retaining ownership of the Destiny IP and full publishing rights to the game.

Destiny is on Battlenet btw on pc which is s.Blizzard Activision property
  6. CollinDavis2 Win User

This problem lies within the "Microsoft Family" feature on the Microsoft Store. I had my cousin and my friend registered in my "family" and up until now, (March 24 hotfix for D2 respectively) we've been able to share the Destiny 2 DLC between accounts. I believe either Microsoft or Bungie is at fault, Bungie at fault for introducing a bug with the recent hotfix that doesn't allow shared content anymore, or Microsoft for fixing what I guess was not an intended feature with their family sharing. I'm not forgetting anything. Microsoft might not have anything to do with Destiny, but it certainly has something to do with the way content was shared, owned by Bungie or not, through the Microsoft Family feature.
Thema:

1. Destiny 2 PC game sharing not working since recent patch? - Similar Threads - Destiny game sharing

2. Destiny 2 inconsistently crashing on my series x and its peeing me off

in XboX Insiders
    Destiny 2 inconsistently crashing on my series x and its peeing me off: Destiny 2 keeps crashing on my xbox and sometimes outright shuts it down. There's no consistency as to when the game crashes and its just destiny 2, every other game runs perfectly and I have no...
  3. Destiny 2 Gifted Code (PC)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny 2 Gifted Code (PC): My friend gifted me a code for the Destiny 2: Triumphant Silver Bundle. I received an xbox message telling me to redeem the code. It took me to the microsoft store page to redeem. I redeemed...
  4. Disconnected when playing Destiny with specific players

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disconnected when playing Destiny with specific players: Hi, so for the past couple of days I have been having connection issues with a specific friend. I am not quite sure what triggered this problem and have not come close to solving it. I play with a...
  5. I am playing destiny 2 on my pc through the Xbox app i am getting the error Stingray.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am playing destiny 2 on my pc through the Xbox app i am getting the error Stingray.: I am playing destiny 2 on my pc through the Xbox app i am getting the error Stingray. I am signed in on the Xbox app. i uninstalled the game twice. and also tried to repair the game. the game will...
  6. Destiny 2 launches via Steam but not via Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny 2 launches via Steam but not via Game Pass: For the past week I have been unable to launch Destiny 2 on PC Game Pass. I downloaded it as a trial on Steam and works just fine. The problem is that all the DLC is purchased via Game Pass so I...
  7. Loss of content in the Destiny 2 game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Loss of content in the Destiny 2 game: I have already tried resetting the console to factory settings to try to recover my game information but nothing seems to solve it, all solutions are welcome, thank you for allowing me to ask the...
  8. There's this ⚠️ symbol on my destiny 2 game on my home page and I never seen that before...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    There's this ⚠️ symbol on my destiny 2 game on my home page and I never seen that before...: There's this ️ symbol on my destiny 2 game on my xbox x home page and how can I get fix this? I never seen this before as I play destiny 2 often. ad87875d-d9ac-44e1-a80f-21af7b46a5c8
  9. Xbox series x keeps crashing during mid-game while playing destiny 2.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x keeps crashing during mid-game while playing destiny 2.: I've been experiencing crashes with my series X ever since bungie released the lightfall expansion for destiny 2. I've tried cleaning the cache and that didn't help, I've even tried to update my...
  10. I had purchased the Destiny 2 Lightfall Pre-Order and now it doesnt show up in the game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I had purchased the Destiny 2 Lightfall Pre-Order and now it doesnt show up in the game.: I had purchased it, and I even checked in billing earlier today, where it said completed. Now, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and when I uninstalled, it says that it got declined. I refuse...