Destiny 2 keeps crashing, even after reset, reinstall etc

Discus and support Destiny 2 keeps crashing, even after reset, reinstall etc in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I got the series X yesterday, upgraded to the S/X version of destiny, and everytime within two minutes into it the game crashes. It did a few times... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/DRGoldsylver, Dec 7, 2022.

1. Destiny 2 keeps crashing, even after reset, reinstall etc

I got the series X yesterday, upgraded to the S/X version of destiny, and everytime within two minutes into it the game crashes. It did a few times with COD, but it looks to be sorted now with that game. I did a hard reset, I resetted the system, updated it, remove destiny and installed it twice, and the crash keep recurrent. I still got my Xbox 1X and I got no problem with it

submitted by /u/DRGoldsylver
    [link] [comments]

/u/DRGoldsylver, Dec 7, 2022
  2. Aaron Gill  Win User

Xbox Games Crashing on Series X

Okay, I just factory reset the console and reinstalled Riders Republic since that is one of the games that keeps crashing the most. Upon playing for around 10 minutes again it crashed again even after the factory reset.
  3. XBF Ezra G Win User

Online game keeps crashing, saying "Can't read game content, close and restart game"

Hi lacman215,

Thanks for your post! I understand you are experiencing issues with Destiny 2 crashing and throwing an error message. If you've already attempted reinstallation and a hard reset, you may want to

Factory Reset
    your console.

When attempting the factory reset, be sure to select the option "Reset and keep my games & apps" to not have to reinstall any software to your console.

Please let us know how this goes.
  4. Striker Eureika Win User

My Fallout 4 is currently (quite literally) unplayable. Is there a way to fix my problem?

So an update.

Even after performing a factory reset of my entire console and reinstalling the game then, it STILL instantly freezes and crashes upon reaching the main menu.
  5. majesticx69 Win User

Game crashes or freezes

Hey guys thanks for your feedback. I did reinstall the game but it crashed after 10/15mn again. I will go for a console reset this weekend keep you posted. Have a nice weekend
  6. Dr.Peeper Win User

Can someone help me, Im stuck in an installation hell where i cant Delete or finish downloading this game...

After carefully following these steps exactly.... everything got worse. After the restart i attempted to redownload the app, however when attempting to even just open the Xbox App, it crashes/closes before even finishing start up...

To add onto this, I have also just attempted using the reset buttons for "repair" and "reset".. did not help, reinstalling the app only leads to more instant crashes.
Thema:

Destiny 2 keeps crashing, even after reset, reinstall etc

1. Destiny 2 keeps crashing, even after reset, reinstall etc - Similar Threads - Destiny keeps crashing

2. Destiny 2 Gifted Code (PC)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny 2 Gifted Code (PC): My friend gifted me a code for the Destiny 2: Triumphant Silver Bundle. I received an xbox message telling me to redeem the code. It took me to the microsoft store page to redeem. I redeemed...
  3. Disconnected when playing Destiny with specific players

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disconnected when playing Destiny with specific players: Hi, so for the past couple of days I have been having connection issues with a specific friend. I am not quite sure what triggered this problem and have not come close to solving it. I play with a...
  4. I am playing destiny 2 on my pc through the Xbox app i am getting the error Stingray.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am playing destiny 2 on my pc through the Xbox app i am getting the error Stingray.: I am playing destiny 2 on my pc through the Xbox app i am getting the error Stingray. I am signed in on the Xbox app. i uninstalled the game twice. and also tried to repair the game. the game will...
  5. Destiny 2 final shape preorder

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny 2 final shape preorder: Hi, my preorder was cancelled because of the game changing release dates but I didn't get the money back from the preorder is there anyway that I can? 850b2a8b-09b4-49a5-8bad-a76952fff6a3
  6. Destiny 2 The Final Shape Pre Order Issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny 2 The Final Shape Pre Order Issue: I woke up and all of a sudden it said my pre order got canceled there’s nothing wrong with my card or anything so I checked if I can re download it through the xbox it said I owned it but I...
  7. Destiny 2 Lightfall code redeemed but nothing happens

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny 2 Lightfall code redeemed but nothing happens: A friend gifted me with a code to redeem Lightfall for Destiny 2, but he didn't realize I was playing through Steam on a PC and not directly through XBox. I am aware you guys have completely...
  8. Cross play disabled on Microsoft store Destiny 2 pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cross play disabled on Microsoft store Destiny 2 pc: I downloaded the Destiny 2 base (free) game for the pc. Pvp is supposed to be free to play. But when I attempt to play a pvp mode, the game tells me that cross play is currently disabled. I have...
  9. Destiny 2 launches via Steam but not via Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny 2 launches via Steam but not via Game Pass: For the past week I have been unable to launch Destiny 2 on PC Game Pass. I downloaded it as a trial on Steam and works just fine. The problem is that all the DLC is purchased via Game Pass so I...
  10. Xbox series x keeps crashing during mid-game while playing destiny 2.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x keeps crashing during mid-game while playing destiny 2.: I've been experiencing crashes with my series X ever since bungie released the lightfall expansion for destiny 2. I've tried cleaning the cache and that didn't help, I've even tried to update my...