Design engineer seeking CAD models to create parts to adapt the Xbox controller for...

Discus and support Design engineer seeking CAD models to create parts to adapt the Xbox controller for... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there, I am a design engineer and C-4/C-5 spinal cord injury quadriplegic. There are very few adaptive devices out there to play video games. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dillon-C, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Dillon-C
    Dillon-C Guest

Design engineer seeking CAD models to create parts to adapt the Xbox controller for...

Hi there, I am a design engineer and C-4/C-5 spinal cord injury quadriplegic. There are very few adaptive devices out there to play video games. I appreciate the Xbox adaptive controller, but it does not help someone who needs to use their mouth to control the computer (like myself).

Would it be possible to get the CAD models for the Xbox controller for the purpose of designing adaptive controls so I can use it with my mouth? I would be happy to sign something that states that it's only for that purpose and that I will not share them. I'm even happy to share my work when I'm done.

Thank you so much.

-Dillon

:)

Dillon-C, Jan 27, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Design engineer seeking CAD models to create parts to adapt the Xbox controller for disabilities.

Able Gamers may already have what you’re looking for. Try reaching out to them.
  3. DeniqL Win User

Design engineer seeking CAD models to create parts to adapt the Xbox controller for disabilities.

Hi! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

I understand your situation and would recommend you to submit your idea here Dillon :)

This forum collecs ideas and suggestions from to to make the Xbox experience

a better one

https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxInsiders/wiki/xbox...
  4. Internet Expert Win User

Xbox One game pad CAD

I'm not so sure that Microsoft engineers are willing to publicly release product files like that.

If you google "Xbox One controller CAD", you'll find plenty of user-created CAD models of the controller (mainly from GrabCAD), which should be adequate for educational use.
  5. Sitchenn Win User

Xbox Series X... Is it as good as people say it is?

The design and engineering going into the XBSX is mighty impressive. If you're interested and have some time, I recommend you seek out Digital Foundry's videos where they do a deep dive with Microsoft on the hardware. It's going to be fun!
  6. tohellnbak Win User

Xbox Accessories.....

older models, not they will not work... but TB are releasing a new model designed for use with XB1.. chances of an adapter are possible..but through 3rd parties...but not sure of they will work correctly.
Thema:

1. Design engineer seeking CAD models to create parts to adapt the Xbox controller for... - Similar Threads - Design engineer seeking

2. "Happening Now" tab is bad design and should be removed.

in XboX Insiders
    "Happening Now" tab is bad design and should be removed.: This change provide NO extra information, functionality, engagement, or usefulness. It's just a duplicate of what is already on the left side of my screen and is completely superfluous. The only...
  3. Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...: I would like to purchase an extended warranty for my Xbox Series X Elite 2 Design Lab crafted controller. As I saw on Reddit and some other sources that you could purchase an extended warranty for...
  4. Analog stick drift on Design Lab controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Analog stick drift on Design Lab controller: The controller sometimes doesn't register any upwards movements, or just gets stuck between up and down on the left analog stick. After looking up the issue, it appears that many other people have...
  5. Why is there a region error when i try to order a controller from Xbox design labs?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is there a region error when i try to order a controller from Xbox design labs?: So I am trying to order a Fallout controller from the Design Labs page when i encounter an error each time i try to pay for the custom contoller. I says: "region" is required. Enter and try...
  6. Xbox design lab stuck in processing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox design lab stuck in processing: I ordered a custom controller on March 11th, it’s March 28th and it still says it’s processing, the money was taken out, is there anyway to get more info on this?...
  7. Can i order a replacement battery cover in the same colour /color that I get with my design...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i order a replacement battery cover in the same colour /color that I get with my design...: Hello community! I ordered a controller some time ago, and the controller recently had a tumble and the battery cover broke. Just wondering if there is a way to get a replacement for it, in the...
  8. How do I join the Designed for Xbox program?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I join the Designed for Xbox program?: I am looking for more information on how to join the Designed for Xbox program to develop hardware and accessories for Xbox, not games/apps. 801334f2-436b-41e9-88a2-1c43d6937016
  9. Xbox Design Labs Region Required Error

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Design Labs Region Required Error: Hi, When ordering The Fallout Controller, I get the error ''Region'' is reguired. Enter and try again. But everyting is okay with my billing and send adress, so its not on my side, I tried paying...
  10. Problem with getting xBox design lab to ship to address in Australia

in XBoX on Windows
    Problem with getting xBox design lab to ship to address in Australia: hi, I've recently tried to buy a product from xbox design lab in Australia. When I enter my address on the checkout page it says "Shipping address not available in the current store region." I...