Denon: Connecting XBOX ONE X with TV & AVR to get both high quality picture and surround sound ...

Discus and support Denon: Connecting XBOX ONE X with TV & AVR to get both high quality picture and surround sound ... in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; Denon (Audio/Video Receivers): Connecting XBOX ONE X with TV & AVR to get both high quality picture and surround sound - problem Hi there, thank you... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by JumboGull779178, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Denon: Connecting XBOX ONE X with TV & AVR to get both high quality picture and surround sound ...

Denon (Audio/Video Receivers): Connecting XBOX ONE X with TV & AVR to get both high quality picture and surround sound - problem
    Hi there, thank you very much, to both of you, for kind advise. I am going back and forth through all possible settings in all devices, including cable exchange. So far no success. If I have time (not quickly) I will post all the details. This is really
    frustrating..

BTW, the link concerns more plugging in a sattelite decoder to the set-up, which is not the case.. However, I tried to use it (troubleshooting tips) and checked if surround sound in „TV & One Guide” section was on - thinking maybe I missed it for set-up
    nb 2 in my drawing - and to eliminate the problem that xbox is not passing surround sound to TV (which is strange that I cannot switch this option to „5.1” in Display & Sound / Sound Output section when connected directly to TV). However it was „on” all the
    time, so one more dissapointment :/

:)

JumboGull779178, Sep 17, 2018
  2. Connecting the Console Directly to A/V Receiver?

The Xbox literature recommends connecting the console to the TV using HDMI cable and then the console to the A/V Receiver using an optical digital audio cable in order to get surround sound. Is it possible to simply connect the console directly to the A/V
    Receiver with an HDMI cable to get both audio and video through the A/V Reciever? I own a Denon AVR-391.

THank you

RemittingCross4, Sep 17, 2018
  3. Xbox one tv stopped working.

.....And another. Cold Boot fixes problem temporarily, but it returns within hours.

This, and the lack of surround sound pass through (yes I clicked the box) are causing me to disconnect this product from my TV, and use it only for games.

Disappointing.

Hopper from Dish

Mitsubishi TV

Denon AVR 2309Ci

Hopper>HDMI>AVR>HDMI>XBOX>HDMI>TV.

Bandit11-A1B73BAA-AD84-4126-B014-662264F282C9, Sep 17, 2018
  4. EggsBoxJuan
    EggsBoxJuan Guest

Denon: Connecting XBOX ONE X with TV & AVR to get both high quality picture and surround sound ...

Hi, setup 1 would be the preffered connection method for sure, I'm very impressed by your pictures by the way.

The first thing I'd check is that you have the TV and A/V receiver setup correctly. I believe there is an option to switch HDMI inputs between standard and enhanced mode on the receiver so try both of those options with a Blu Ray disc and also try varying
    inputs on the receiver and check you have HDMI deep color or whatever it's called on your TV enabled.

4K Signal Format AVR-X2400H

From there I'd check everything on the Xbox is set correctly, you'd need to have the display output set to 4K UHD, then in video modes it's check marks in allow 50Hz and also in allow 24Hz, allow 4k should be checked as should Allow HDR 10.

Go into the 4K TV details section on the Xbox, is there anything in there showing in red ?

I doubt there's much wrong other than some setting but exactly which setting is trial and error.

EggsBoxJuan, Sep 17, 2018
  5. Hi there!

Sorry to hear the issues with connecting / setting up your Xbox One X console with TV and AVR. The reply by EggsBoxJuan is on point. I would also recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting resource for

Connecting your Xbox One X console to TV and AVR.

Let us know if this helped.

XBF Crystal P, Sep 18, 2018
  6. Hi there, thank you very much, to both of you, for kind advise. I am going back and forth through all possible settings in all devices, including cable exchange. So far no success. If I have time (not quickly) I will post all the details. This is really
    frustrating..

BTW, the link concerns more plugging in a sattelite decoder to the set-up, which is not the case.. However, I tried to use it (troubleshooting tips) and checked if surround sound in „TV & One Guide” section was on - thinking maybe I missed it for set-up
    nb 2 in my drawing - and to eliminate the problem that xbox is not passing surround sound to TV (which is strange that I cannot switch this option to „5.1” in Display & Sound / Sound Output section when connected directly to TV). However it was „on” all the

JumboGull779178, Nov 5, 2018
  7. JumboGull779178 Win User

Denon: Connecting XBOX ONE X with TV & AVR to get both high quality picture and surround sound - problem

Hi there, thank you very much, to both of you, for kind advise. I am going back and forth through all possible settings in all devices, including cable exchange. So far no success. If I have time (not quickly) I will post all the details. This is really
    frustrating..

8. XBF Crystal P Win User

Connecting XBOX ONE X with TV & AVR to get both high quality picture and surround sound - problem

Hi there!

Sorry to hear the issues with connecting / setting up your Xbox One X console with TV and AVR. The reply by EggsBoxJuan is on point. I would also recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting resource for

Connecting your Xbox One X console to TV and AVR.

Let us know if this helped.
  9. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Connecting XBOX ONE X with TV & AVR to get both high quality picture and surround sound - problem

Hi, setup 1 would be the preffered connection method for sure, I'm very impressed by your pictures by the way.

The first thing I'd check is that you have the TV and A/V receiver setup correctly. I believe there is an option to switch HDMI inputs between standard and enhanced mode on the receiver so try both of those options with a Blu Ray disc and also try varying
    inputs on the receiver and check you have HDMI deep color or whatever it's called on your TV enabled.

http://manuals.denon.com/AVRX2400H/EU/EN/DRDZSYzvebvotm.php

From there I'd check everything on the Xbox is set correctly, you'd need to have the display output set to 4K UHD, then in video modes it's check marks in allow 50Hz and also in allow 24Hz, allow 4k should be checked as should Allow HDR 10.

Go into the 4K TV details section on the Xbox, is there anything in there showing in red ?

I doubt there's much wrong other than some setting but exactly which setting is trial and error.
  10. Bandit11-A1B73BAA-AD Win User

Xbox one tv stopped working.

.....And another. Cold Boot fixes problem temporarily, but it returns within hours.

This, and the lack of surround sound pass through (yes I clicked the box) are causing me to disconnect this product from my TV, and use it only for games.

Disappointing.

Hopper from Dish

Mitsubishi TV

Denon AVR 2309Ci

Hopper>HDMI>AVR>HDMI>XBOX>HDMI>TV.
  11. KSPslice Win User

Sound output

You should select MULTI CH IN as your surround sound mode on the Denon. This will provide surround sound, if you choose either 5.1 or 7.1 uncompressed audio on the Xbox One. This is the option that is available because is it an uncompressed PCM multi-channel
    source that is coming into the AVR. Just make sure you don't have STEREO selected as your mode on the Denon. This should provide higher quality sound than DTS as it is uncompressed.

This is if you use HDMI for your audio. If you use an optical cable then your only options are stereo uncompressed and DTS Digital Sound. Then your only option is to use DTS for surround sound. It sounds like you are using HDMI as your receiver is giving
    you the option of multi-channel sound.
Thema:

1. Denon: Connecting XBOX ONE X with TV & AVR to get both high quality picture and surround sound ... - Similar Threads - Denon Connecting AVR

2. No surround sound with Xbox Series X and old Denon receiver

in XBoX on Consoles
    No surround sound with Xbox Series X and old Denon receiver: Greetings! I have an old Denon AVR 591 5.1 surround sound system. It's worked great for me for about 15 years, until recently. I upgraded my TV to 4k last year, and realized the Denon cannot...
  3. No surround sound with Xbox Series X and old Denon receiver

in XBoX on Windows
    No surround sound with Xbox Series X and old Denon receiver: Greetings! I have an old Denon AVR 591 5.1 surround sound system. It's worked great for me for about 15 years, until recently. I upgraded my TV to 4k last year, and realized the Denon cannot...
  4. Dolby Atmos on Xbox Series X cutting out through Denon soundbar

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos on Xbox Series X cutting out through Denon soundbar: I have Dolby Atmos for home theatre set up on my xbox series x, and when I play a blu-ray audio disc in Dolby Atmos, the sound is cutting out or skipping. I have noticed people as far back as...
  5. HDMI CEC with Denon AVC-660H receiver and series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI CEC with Denon AVC-660H receiver and series X: Console turns off receiver properly but won't turn it on. Intuitively, is it a Xbox or a Denon issue? Has anyone (roughly) the same set-up? 4b2fe707-5048-4349-b592-a664ae4107fe
  6. YouTube audio going out of sync “STILL” on Xbox with Denon S760H

in XboX Insiders
    YouTube audio going out of sync “STILL” on Xbox with Denon S760H: Just upgraded from a Samsung to an LG C1 and everything was fine with the Sammy but with the new LG audio slowly goes out of sync as described on another thread on here which has been archived for...
  7. Denon AVR 2700H + XBOX ONE connected to Samsung QLED does not show TV HDR10 compatible

in XBoX on Consoles
    Denon AVR 2700H + XBOX ONE connected to Samsung QLED does not show TV HDR10 compatible: Hi, I have an XBOX ONE connected to the Game HDMI port of my Denon 2700H which is connected to a Samsung QLED TV - when I configure HDR on the xbox one, I get a message indicating that my TV is...
  8. Can't enable DTS:X with Denon soundbar

in XboX Insiders
    Can't enable DTS:X with Denon soundbar: I've got the Denon DHT-216 hooked up directly to my Series X. I can't enable DTS:X on the Xbox app though. When I try to choose it in the audio settings, it says my device doesn't support it, yet...
  9. Dolby Atmos on XBOX ONE X connected to DENON X3600H

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos on XBOX ONE X connected to DENON X3600H: -I’m not getting Dolby Atmos on games that has Atmos tracks AND the Dolby Atmos software on my XBOX ONE X...but 4K blu-ray disks with Atmos track plays in Atmos with no problems on my XBOX ONE X....
  10. Dolby Atmos not working with last Denon avr update.

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos not working with last Denon avr update.: Denon and other Avr brands released an update to enable Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization. After the avr update the xbox audio is no more encoded to atmos but only multichannel in. I read that a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. denon avr-x2600h xbox one

2. denon avr-s750h Xbox one x settings

3. xbox one x no sound using denon stereo