Denon AVR-1507 can't turn on or off but mute and volume commands work

Discus and support Denon AVR-1507 can't turn on or off but mute and volume commands work in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have the Denon AVR-1507 receiver. The Xbox One can mute it and adjust the volume, but it can't turn it on or off. I have set it up using several... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by snowcrash2008, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Denon AVR-1507 can't turn on or off but mute and volume commands work

I have the Denon AVR-1507 receiver. The Xbox One can mute it and adjust the volume, but it can't turn it on or off. I have set it up using several different controller codes, by entering the model number, and by letting the Xbox guide me through the setup
    using the mute test it runs. The result is always the same--mute and volume up and down work, but not power on or off.

:)

snowcrash2008, Oct 8, 2014
  2. Xbox one and Denon AVR-791 no audio/image

Evandro,

I have the same receiver and have not had issues with the audio or images going through my denon AVR-791.

I am on the hunt to get the command "volume up or volume down" to work but so far no luck. I've tried searching for the proper remote code for the receiver and again no luck.

So I guess my question is does anyone know the remote code for the Denon AVR-791 that works with the Xbox One?

BirdOfPrey 13, Oct 8, 2014
  3. PlaidLeaf981
    PlaidLeaf981 Guest
    My Uverse remote will not control my Denon AVR-2112ci volume

After installing the XBOX One my Uverse remote no longer controls my receiver volume. When I volume up or down it appears to be controlling the XBOX volume rather than my receiver making no change to the outputted volume. Also, when I select Mute the XBOX
    screen freezes rather than muting the receiver. My Receiver Remote still works for volume but it is an inconvenience to again have to use more that one remote. My Smart Glass and voice commands also work for the volume and mute.

Cable Box: Uverse

Receiver: Denon AVR-2112ci

Thank you for any suggested fixes to the issue I am experencing.

PlaidLeaf981, Oct 8, 2014
  4. Denon AVR-1507 can't turn on or off but mute and volume commands work

Hey Snowcrash - have you tried changing the settings in TV & OneGuide - Device control - Power settings? You can set discrete and toggle commands there, and some devices (and codesets) don't support both.

JT Kimbell [MSFT], Oct 14, 2014
  5. Hello,

Yes I tried the discrete and toggle commands and neither work for the power.

snowcrash2008, Oct 14, 2014
  6. Thanks. I know you said you tried multiple codesets. Can you verify again with these?

Also, does volume control work fine with these, it's just power that doesn't? Are you sending power to your other devices?

JT Kimbell [MSFT], Oct 15, 2014
  7. I have tried those codes and several others.

Several are able to control volume and mute, but none is able to turn the system on or off. I've also tried toggle vs on / off for each code.

My Xbox One is sending power information to the TV and the cable box, and both are turning on and off as expected.

snowcrash2008, Oct 15, 2014
  8. Denon AVR-1507 can't turn on or off but mute and volume commands work

Thanks. What if you tell it not to send power to the TV and/or cable box and just send it to the AVR (using codeset 2857). Does that change things?

JT Kimbell [MSFT], Oct 16, 2014
  9. That worked--when I set it to not turn off the TV or cable box it is then able to turn off and on the AVR.

snowcrash2008, Oct 16, 2014
  10. Specifically it is cable box setting that is important. The AVR can turn on and off as long as the cable box is not setup to toggle or turn on or off.

snowcrash2008, Oct 16, 2014
  11. OK, that confirms my suspicions about things. We're likely sending the IR commands too close to each other, and they are interfering. We'll work to get this timing right.

JT Kimbell [MSFT], Oct 16, 2014
  12. Hey snowcrash, what's your cable box's provider, make, and model? What codeset was configured to control it?

We're trying to reproduce this in the office.

Actually, might as well have your TV codeset too.

JT Kimbell [MSFT], Oct 17, 2014
  13. Denon AVR-1507 can't turn on or off but mute and volume commands work

The cable box is from Shaw, the make is Arris and the model is DCX3200-M. The code set is C1376.

The TV code set is T1480.

snowcrash2008, Nov 1, 2018
  14. snowcrash2008 Win User

That worked--when I set it to not turn off the TV or cable box it is then able to turn off and on the AVR.
  15. snowcrash2008 Win User

I have tried those codes and several others.

Several are able to control volume and mute, but none is able to turn the system on or off. I've also tried toggle vs on / off for each code.

My Xbox One is sending power information to the TV and the cable box, and both are turning on and off as expected.
  16. snowcrash2008 Win User

The cable box is from Shaw, the make is Arris and the model is DCX3200-M. The code set is C1376.

The TV code set is T1480.
  17. JT Kimbell [MSFT] Win User

Hey snowcrash, what's your cable box's provider, make, and model? What codeset was configured to control it?

We're trying to reproduce this in the office.

Actually, might as well have your TV codeset too.
  18. snowcrash2008 Win User

Specifically it is cable box setting that is important. The AVR can turn on and off as long as the cable box is not setup to toggle or turn on or off.
Thema:

1. Denon AVR-1507 can't turn on or off but mute and volume commands work - Similar Threads - Denon AVR 1507

2. Denon AVR 2700H + XBOX ONE connected to Samsung QLED does not show TV HDR10 compatible

in XBoX on Consoles
    Denon AVR 2700H + XBOX ONE connected to Samsung QLED does not show TV HDR10 compatible: Hi, I have an XBOX ONE connected to the Game HDMI port of my Denon 2700H which is connected to a Samsung QLED TV - when I configure HDR on the xbox one, I get a message indicating that my TV is...
  3. Dolby Atmos not working with last Denon avr update.

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos not working with last Denon avr update.: Denon and other Avr brands released an update to enable Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization. After the avr update the xbox audio is no more encoded to atmos but only multichannel in. I read that a...
  4. Denon: Connecting XBOX ONE X with TV & AVR to get both high quality picture and surround sound ...

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Denon: Connecting XBOX ONE X with TV & AVR to get both high quality picture and surround sound ...: Denon (Audio/Video Receivers): Connecting XBOX ONE X with TV & AVR to get both high quality picture and surround sound - problem Hi there, thank you very much, to both of you, for kind advise. I...
  5. Xbox One - Denon AVR

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One - Denon AVR: My "system" (avr, tv, sat) is set to power on via Xbox One. Love it! However, Xbox One is powering up Main Zone and Zone 2 on my Denon AVR. Can it be adjusted to only power up Main Zone and not...
  6. HTPC to Xbox One input to Denon AVR-2100W outputs only 2.1 Stereo. Why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    HTPC to Xbox One input to Denon AVR-2100W outputs only 2.1 Stereo. Why?: Ok so I have searched and searched and searched for a solution and have found nothing. I am hoping someone here can help me out. My setup is a HTPC with 980 TI SLI to my Xbox One Forza edition...
  7. Problem controlling Denon AVR-3808

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem controlling Denon AVR-3808: Hi All, So I've set my xbox one up on my home theatre system. I followed the xbox automatic procedure to detect my various components and apply the right codes for controlling them. However, I...
  8. Xbox One/AVR Sound Issue (Denon)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One/AVR Sound Issue (Denon): Hey everyone, Just want to see if anyone else is having this issue, and whether it's related to my Xbox or AVR. I have my Cable box going through my xbox, to my Denon E300 AVR. After playing a...
  9. Xbox One 5.1 Surround Sound Issue - Denon AVR X1000

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One 5.1 Surround Sound Issue - Denon AVR X1000: Hi, I recently purchased a Denon AVR X1000. When I plug my Xbox One into it I only receive sound out of the left and right speakers. I have the sound system set up for 5.1 and can confirm that it...
  10. DENON AVR 23901CI help

in XBoX on Consoles
    DENON AVR 23901CI help: I have searched and searched and still have not quite found the correct solution to have the XBox One run through the Denon AVR 2309CI. Currently, we have a Samsung HDTV - LN52A650A1FX2A with the...