Deleting a gamertag from my WIndows Live ID

Discus and support Deleting a gamertag from my WIndows Live ID in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi everyone, on my Xbox 360 I had two gamertags. One I always have used but is not asociated with my Windows Live ID. The second is the associated... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by scheppi2003MEX, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Deleting a gamertag from my WIndows Live ID

Hi everyone,

on my Xbox 360 I had two gamertags. One I always have used but is not asociated with my Windows Live ID. The second is the associated gamertag, which I have never used on the consol and is useless. How can I get rid of the associated ones ? I can not transfer
    the one account to the associated account, as it says both are XBox Live accounts. I thought deleting everyhting from my Xbox would help, but it seems it doesn't. Any ideas ? Thx

:)

scheppi2003MEX, Dec 28, 2015
  2. Delete WLID/Delete GT/Reuse GT

Is this possible?

Delete my Windows Live ID (thus deleting my gamertag), then set up a new Windows Live ID with the same gamertag?

Basically I want to erase my gamertag, clear all achievements and such, then start fresh with that same gamertag.

Matty Goodfella, Dec 28, 2015
  3. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    I want to delete my Windows Live ID, and I need help!

first remeber to change your windows live id associated with your gamertag otherwise you will lose your gamertag login

deleting your windows live id doesn't delete your gamertag btw

ngocphi, Dec 28, 2015
  4. Deleting a gamertag from my WIndows Live ID

Hmm the only way you can really delete a gamertag is by closeing the account assoicated with the account. I think that the only way you can get close to delete a gamertag i could be wrong.

LORD AlMIGHTY6, Dec 28, 2015
  5. InvisibleBear87 Win User

Forgotten pass code

Delete the Gamertag from the Xbox 360 Console. Only delete the Gamertag. Recover the Gamertag. You will need the Windows Live ID and Password to Recover that account.
  6. ngocphi Win User

I want to delete my Windows Live ID, and I need help!

first remeber to change your windows live id associated with your gamertag otherwise you will lose your gamertag login

deleting your windows live id doesn't delete your gamertag btw
  7. MrRobotRock Win User

Error Status Code: 8015D080

If only that was the case. I did not lose my email that was attached to the Windows Live ID/Account, I've lost/deleted the Windows Live ID/Account as a whole. This is resulting in error status code: 8015D080 because the Gamertag is no longer linked to an
    active Windows Live ID/Account. My question is as to whether I can attach a new email/Windows Live ID to the Gamertag.
  8. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

account deletion

You can't delete an account off of Live's servers, but you can delete it off your console. If you want to switch the Windows Live IDs on the account, refer to the following, from here: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing-and-subscriptions/account-management/manage-live-id

---

Switch gamertags between two Windows Live ID accounts
    If you try to switch your Xbox LIVE gamertag to a Windows Live ID that is already linked to another gamertag, you will receive this message:

“The Windows Live ID you’re switching to is already linked to another Xbox LIVE account. You must use another Windows Live ID.”

Before you can switch your gamertag in this case, you must first remove the existing gamertag from that Windows Live ID account:

1. Create a new Windows Live ID. You will only need this Windows Live ID as a temporary means of moving your gamertags. After the gamertags have been switched, you will no longer need this Windows Live
      ID.

Example:

Gamertag A is linked to Windows Live ID 1.

Gamertag B is linked to Windows Live ID 2.

Create a new Windows Live ID: Windows Live ID 3.
    2. Switch the gamertag that is linked to the Windows Live ID you want to use to the new temporary Windows Live
      ID you just created.

Example:

Gamertag A remains linked to Windows Live ID 1.

Switch gamertag B to Windows Live ID 3.

Windows Live ID 2 is now free.
    3. Switch your gamertag to the Windows Live ID you want to use.

Example:

Switch gamertag A to Windows Live ID 2.

Gamertag B remains linked to Windows Live ID 3.

Windows Live ID 1 is now free.
    4. To complete the swap of gamertags between the two original Windows Live ID accounts, you must wait 30 days. (A gamertag can be switched only once every 30 days.)

Example:

Gamertag A remains linked to Windows Live ID 2.

After 30 days, switch gamertag B to Windows Live ID 1.

Windows Live ID 3 is now free and no longer needed.
  9. DopeGum Win User

Deleting an account to link it to another?

Make a new Windows Live ID, connect the Xbox Gamertag from the ID on your new laptop to the fake account you just made, link you Xbox Gamertag to the Windows Live ID on your laptop and delete the fake account.

This is actually the hard way, but I don't really know how Windows 8 works: if you could just delete the ID from your computer and connect the one with your favourite Gamertag that would be the easy way.

If you need more support let me know.
Thema:

Deleting a gamertag from my WIndows Live ID

1. Deleting a gamertag from my WIndows Live ID - Similar Threads - Deleting gamertag WIndows

2. Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5: I used to play Minecraft alot but I needed to get another Microsoft account to go with my updated and new email, so dumbly of Me, when I signed out of Minecraft, I didn't press the unlink button...
  3. My Minecraft world got deleted and what to do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Minecraft world got deleted and what to do?: My ps4 Minecraft world got deleted but a corrupted file. I don’t know how to get it back. Please help 9f78e459-f1b1-4974-a401-af34fbe80df2
  4. Deleting captures

in XBoX on Consoles
    Deleting captures: You guys deleted my captures, this sucks!... df7d048c-5163-4092-bf9b-2711cd084e3a
  5. Can you delete an old gamertag?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you delete an old gamertag?: I was wondering how can I delete my old gamertag so I can keep the new one? c1e0f281-9638-4a05-b995-924f05493880
  6. How to delete an old gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to delete an old gamertag?: Hey Microsoft, I was wondering how can I delete my old gamertag so I can keep my new one? 4e8130fc-e35b-499c-88d5-861414522495
  7. Why is all my multiplayer data all of the sudden deleted? My gamertag is RonaldoSM5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is all my multiplayer data all of the sudden deleted? My gamertag is RonaldoSM5: Why is all my multiplayer data all of the sudden deleted? My gamertag is RonaldoSM5 c97d6119-a183-4196-93dc-a9e9e118d5d6
  8. Deleted e-mail account caused a gamertag issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Deleted e-mail account caused a gamertag issue: Hi, some time ago I deleted a microsoft e-mail account that I used to save a gamertag in case I wanted to go back to it, now that I want to do so, and that particular microsoft account that had...
  9. Gamertag delete

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag delete: Hello. I would like to know if deleting my Microsoft account will also delete the gamertag I use and if it will be available once the Microsoft account has been deleted. Thanks in advance....
  10. email linked to a GamerTag deleted

in XBoX Accessibility
    email linked to a GamerTag deleted: Hi guys, I have an xbox live account that I used to play on several years ago. However, I accidentally deleted an old email address, email address that was attached to this xbox live account......