Delete INACTIVE gamertag past 5 years of not being used

Discus and support Delete INACTIVE gamertag past 5 years of not being used in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I want a gamertag very badly. I will pay. The guy hasn't used it in over 5 years. thanks! 2e1058b7-3033-4194-bf57-efe5fb0c1d81 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BrandonSwartz, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Delete INACTIVE gamertag past 5 years of not being used

I want a gamertag very badly. I will pay. The guy hasn't used it in over 5 years. thanks!

:)

BrandonSwartz, Feb 18, 2018
  2. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Inactive GT

Afraid not.

Gamertags are used on other services,not just xbox live so you can't know whether a gamertag is inactive or not.

If a gamertag isn't used for 5 years then it is made available.

Daft Badger, Feb 18, 2018
  3. Not Your Typical Request

Microsoft has done some cleanings of accounts inactive for more than 5 years in the past. Be aware though that an account may be inactive on the Xbox but used for other services since MS accounts can be used almost everywhere in MS ecosystem.

MRallamagoosa, Feb 18, 2018
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

The 5 year policy started in 2016. You would either have to wait for him to change it to something else or wait for it to be released if it is definitely inactive. Keep in mind that the tag system is in use on other Microsoft services. So even if it's not
    in use on an Xbox, it may be in use elsewhere. Buying/selling accounts is not allowed.

Smwutches, Feb 18, 2018
  5. You'll be better off choosing another gamertag. Some people may not use Xbox Live anymore, but keep their Microsoft account active through other services, like logging into the Live email or Office 365.

While Xbox Support agents do not post here on the forums, they wouldn't honor requests to delete other people's accounts anyway.

Internet Expert, Nov 1, 2018
  6. Internet Expert Win User

You'll be better off choosing another gamertag. Some people may not use Xbox Live anymore, but keep their Microsoft account active through other services, like logging into the Live email or Office 365.

While Xbox Support agents do not post here on the forums, they wouldn't honor requests to delete other people's accounts anyway.
  7. Smwutches Win User

The 5 year policy started in 2016. You would either have to wait for him to change it to something else or wait for it to be released if it is definitely inactive. Keep in mind that the tag system is in use on other Microsoft services. So even if it's not
    in use on an Xbox, it may be in use elsewhere. Buying/selling accounts is not allowed.
  8. blueamcat Win User

MICROSOFT ACCOUNT RESETS

Going forward, 2 years will be used when deleting inactive gamertags.

Currently its 5 years. I'm not sure if that info is true, but if it is, that's what it will affect.

Just the gamertag.
  9. killerkaesar Win User

If someone has a gamertag I want and they are no longer active, or a glitch is causing it to appear as if it is taken when it is not, can I get that gamertag?

Inactive gamertags are deleted after 5 years :( the only way is waiting
  10. AridLizard Win User

Retrieve Old Gamertag

if the account was inactive for 5 years then the Gamertag would have been removed from the account and could be being used by someone else now.
Thema:

1. Delete INACTIVE gamertag past 5 years of not being used - Similar Threads - Delete INACTIVE gamertag

2. How can I recover a possibly deleted account from microsoft?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I recover a possibly deleted account from microsoft?: So recently my friend invited me to play minecraft, but after trying to sign in the game is when I realized that my login credentials didn't seem to work. I tried signing in on the microsoft page...
  3. If I delete the chat in the Xbox app, it is also deleted on other devices

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    If I delete the chat in the Xbox app, it is also deleted on other devices: ( If I delete the chat in the Xbox app, it is also deleted on other devices ) Hi my brother have my account now and I wanted to delete some personal stuff. But he plays like 24/7 games. I just...
  4. How to to recover the com.mojang.minecraftpe folder after deleting it?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to to recover the com.mojang.minecraftpe folder after deleting it?: When i tried to update the minecraft apk file. It gave a choice to save the files before deleting the app and installing it again and so i clicked yes and after that i tried to reinstall minecraft...
  5. Clip offline deleted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Clip offline deleted: Good evening. I recorded several clips offline, wanted to save them (offline they were all visible, I even watched them a few times) and put the console to refresh so I could come back online and...
  6. Can you recover deleted chats if the other person still has the messages on Xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can you recover deleted chats if the other person still has the messages on Xbox?: If me and my friend texted through Xbox and I deleted the chat but they still have it can I recover it? 28272ae1-fd49-4801-98ec-ef0bb6ae4745
  7. Xbox auto deleting game files?!

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox auto deleting game files?!: So I have a question for you guys. Ive seen lots of questions but little answers. Seeing if anybody is able to assist with a fix. So I decide to play my COD MW3. I boot up the game and it says I...
  8. If I delete games on my Xbox, one will delete the games off of my series s?

in XboX Insiders
    If I delete games on my Xbox, one will delete the games off of my series s?: I have an Xbox one and upgraded to a series S I’m logged into the same account on both consoles if I delete Digital games off of my Xbox one will delete the games off of my series s as well since...
  9. Account deleted due to inactivity, can no longer access Minecraft?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account deleted due to inactivity, can no longer access Minecraft?: Hi all. Just from looking around I have a suspicion that there's nothing that can be done about this, but I figured I'd ask in a last ditch attempt. A couple years back, I created a Microsoft...
  10. Will My Minecraft Account gets deleted (Linked to Microsoft Account) if im inactive for >2...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Will My Minecraft Account gets deleted (Linked to Microsoft Account) if im inactive for >2...: Description in Question wise. Since Microsoft forced the linking of Minecraft (Mojang Account) to Microsoft, will my microsoft account be deleted after 2 years of inactivity because this doesn't...