Default language in EA App is assumed russian with Xbox PC Game Pass settings set to...

Discus and support Default language in EA App is assumed russian with Xbox PC Game Pass settings set to... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! I'm from Ukraine and I was one of the first to buy the PC Game Pass when it launched in Ukraine. However, there is an integration with EA,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by YaroslavKormushyn, Sep 19, 2023.

1. Default language in EA App is assumed russian with Xbox PC Game Pass settings set to...

Hello!

I'm from Ukraine and I was one of the first to buy the PC Game Pass when it launched in Ukraine.

However, there is an integration with EA, where you can install and play games from EA in the EA App.

My Microsoft account region is set to Ukraine, the language is set to Ukrainian, with the list of languages on the account being Ukrainian and English.

My Windows 11 PC has region set to Ukraine, the language also set to Ukrainian.

When opening some of the games in the EA App, namely Battlefield 3 or Battlefield 4, they have a language pre-selected to russian.

I cannot change that language, it's the only one available to me. You also cannot change that language after install, since in-game options don't have any other languages available either.

English is not even in any of the lists, even though the EA app is in English, and my EA account settings have region set to Ukraine, and language set to English.

How come?

What information does Microsoft send to EA in order to resolve the default language?

How would I install a game I know is available in English, but is somehow locked to a specific language, even though it's not the language of my account country? (official language in Ukraine is Ukrainian, so I expected if it's not available to use the default international language - English)

:)

YaroslavKormushyn, Sep 19, 2023
  2. YaroslavKormushyn Win User

Default language in EA App is assumed russian with Xbox PC Game Pass settings set to Ukrainian/English

I have contacted EA support. It was, to say the least, disappointing.

Customer support tried redirecting me to EA help forums or the FAQ section. The last straw was a CS agent trying to persuade me that Battlefield 3 wasn't available in English (it is, of course).

After some digging, I noticed that their EA App (launcher) tries to resolve the available languages based on the client's network location (IP). When browsing Battlefield 3 from a Ukrainian IP address, the only language option for me was russian.

I used a VPN to browse the store page from a USA IP address. Et voil ! The game now has all the missing languages, including English (and russian, if you're into that).

So if you want to have English for a game that you checked has English, but the EA app does not allow you, do the following:

1. Switch your VPN to the country which has the default language you're interested in (mine was US)
    2. Restart (or simply refresh the page) the EA App, no log out/log in required
    3. Start installation of the game with the language you want (so it saves what exactly it's going to download). You may also download the game this way if you have a fast VPN connection.
    4. You may now disable your VPN, the game will download with the language you specified.

Since this is a bug (IMO) in the EA App and not the Microsoft Xbox App I'm closing this case.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Default language in EA App is assumed russian with Xbox PC Game Pass settings set to Ukrainian/English

You have to address it with ea
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Witcher 3: Wild hunt

Hi Juri,

Most games have the language settings within the game that you have to change after you have the Russian Language pack downloaded. Take a look at this thread that has the steps to change the language settings in the game:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/Witcher-3-language/td-p/4554537

If the game is still in English or if there is no settings to change the language to Russian, you will need to try and re-install the language pack and eventually the game and all add-ons as well.
  5. Francia J. Win User

Gamepass (and selected gamepass games) not visible in Windows 11

Hi Mirwits, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

For EA games you may need to install the EA Desktop App and make sure that your EA Account is linked to your Xbox profile where Xbox Game Pass is available.

With other Xbox Game Pass games on your PC, you can also manually search for them. Please do make sure that your PC is set to the correct region where Xbox Game Pass is supported.

Settings > Time & Language > Language & Region > Country or region.
  6. D4vid 360 Win User

Xbox Language

Have you the xbox in russian? In the game, under options, there is a language option: have you set there russian?
Thema:

Default language in EA App is assumed russian with Xbox PC Game Pass settings set to...

1. Default language in EA App is assumed russian with Xbox PC Game Pass settings set to... - Similar Threads - Default language App

2. whenever I put my "default communications output" to any of my headphones the sound turns...

in XBoX on Consoles
    whenever I put my "default communications output" to any of my headphones the sound turns...: I mean ANY headphone wired or wireless... 9ce98c79-f058-4b23-87f3-60829fdbc7b5
  3. Xbox home screen (Default) Change idea 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox home screen (Default) Change idea 2024: When it says who's playing today? if its dark outside wouldn't it be better to say who is playing tonight? because if you think about it at night time people might know its today but it sounds...
  4. Default to the most baseline version of backwards compatibility when playing Xbox Live...

in XboX Insiders
    Default to the most baseline version of backwards compatibility when playing Xbox Live...: I have probably one of the strangest problems. I have some friends who upgraded to the Xbox series S or X, and some who are still on the Xbox One. I can match make and challenge people on the...
  5. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  6. Xbox elite 2 controller switching to default profile on its own

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite 2 controller switching to default profile on its own: My elite 2 controller has suddenly started doing this weird thing where the bumpers and profile switching button will stop working for a few seconds (weirdly other buttons still work), the...
  7. Installed language packs change the displayed language of certain apps away from the default

in XBoX on Windows
    Installed language packs change the displayed language of certain apps away from the default: I recently installed the Japanese language pack so that I could type Japanese characters when I wanted/needed, as it is a language I am currently studying. However, I noticed that all the Windows...
  8. My skin keeps reverting to the default "steve" skin

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My skin keeps reverting to the default "steve" skin: I can't figure out how to fix this, I've gone into the skin settings multiple times, tried looking it up online, and nothing I can find works. A few times restarting the game or even restarting my...
  9. I'm missing the default game download location button.

in XboX Insiders
    I'm missing the default game download location button.: I'm missing the folder select button, I've been trying to get Minecraft on my potato of a pc. I've been trying to get it from the Microsoft store but have been having problems from there, so I'm...
  10. How to set default language in games

in XboX Insiders
    How to set default language in games: Hello How can I set default installation language of the games to English without changing my Windows regional settings? It is currently set to German but I want to play all of my games in...