Deeply disappointed with XBox Elite Controller Series 2

Discus and support Deeply disappointed with XBox Elite Controller Series 2 in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Initially i just wanted to share my feedback with MS, but since the xbox website was sending me here for feedback i will just tell you all how deeply... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/japortie, Jan 11, 2022.

1. /u/japortie
    /u/japortie Guest

Initially i just wanted to share my feedback with MS, but since the xbox website was sending me here for feedback i will just tell you all how deeply disappointed i am by the Elite Series 2 Controller, even though i am not sure someone from Microsoft will actually read it.

I needed a new Controller for my gaming rig. ( I own an Xbox, but don't use it very often tbh)
    So i thought i would make myself a delayed christmas present and get an Xbox Elite Controller. It's the most premium you can get, right? Yeah, if i had known that i was in for a treat. I just unpacked the third device, and i will return this too.

The first one, which i ordered directly from Microsoft, had the shell slightly cracked opened. At first i was shocked but a slight press closed it with a click and after that everything seemed fine at first, until i started up a game and gave it the first 10 minutes of Gameplay.
    The Buttons were extremely unresponsive, especially the A and X button. The A button only recognized every 2nd click or so, this was unplayable. Also the right trigger had some strange feeling that the left didn't have. It felt like it was grinding against something on the inside. Very minor and not a deal breaker but still, nothing you would expect on a Controller for over 140 Euros.

i decided to return it and Microsoft (after i tried to get called by MS over the online bot which didn't work at all) told me on the Website, that they would recommend me to bring it the place i bought it, because they were only able to swap it for a refurbished one. I bought it from MS!

So i decided to return it for my money and buy it again from another store.

When this arrived, things went on: i unpacked it and the controller was scratched, and the shell creaked when slightly pressing it on the left side. I didn't even bother trying it out and returned it.

The third one i got today. I unpacked it, everything looked fine. Then i connected it and got greeted by the message that the PC software is not compatible with the firmware. ON FIRST CONNECT.
    Additionally it also has the onresponive buttons. Although not as severe as the first one.

Sorry, but this is just not acceptable. Like at all.
    I don't know why the reviews are all so overwhelming. Even the ones labeld "Honest Review" or "Durability test". None of them mentions any problems with the controller. Although if you are searching for it there are so many people like me, who just gave up on it because they are sometimes on ther 5h or 6h controller, all with such problems.

I never had a controller unresponsive like this. Not even a very cheap and crappy third party controller which i bought because the official ones weren't available at this time. In this state i would not even pay 20 bucks for this. And honestly i wanted to like it so badly.

submitted by /u/japortie
    [link] [comments]

/u/japortie, Jan 11, 2022
  2. EzequielNeves19 Win User

How do I change my controller LED light?

3. MaskedMenace136 Win User

Lack of Controller care and innovation

Sorry to hear you are unsatisfied with the current Xbox controllers, however, the question forum is the incorrect place to post your feedback. Unless you are asking about current Xbox controller advancements in-which case that would be the Xbox Elite Controller
    Series 1 and Xbox Elite Controller Series 2. The Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 being the newest on the market and being awarded,
    "Best of E3 2019 - Hardware/Peripheral" - Game Critics Awards.

For more information about these new Xbox controllers please visit the below links.

Xbox Elite Controller Series 1

Xbox Elite Controller Series 2
  4. XBF Amber M Win User

Elite 2 Controller Mapping Letdown

Hi PsycoPyro88,

Thanks for the reply. The Elite controller series 2 has various methods of mapping the buttons and paddles as compared to the series 1. If you haven't done so already, I recommend taking a look at the following support articles that
    can assist you in determining how to set up the different functions, including how to use Shift with the controller to give you alternate inputs:

Get to know your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Use the Xbox Accessories app to customize your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2  

Use Shift with your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Adjust the thumbsticks on your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Charge your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

If you'd like to contribute some ideas on how to make improvements to or about other ideas for the community, you may do so at the Xbox Idea Hub which is on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/wiki/ideas

I hope that this information helps you out!
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

Xbox elite series 2 controller issue, anyone else having this problem?

6. SatanicoDrCadillac Win User

Elite controller

Hi!

I don't think the elite control accessories are compatible with those in the series 2
Thema:

1. Deeply disappointed with XBox Elite Controller Series 2 - Similar Threads - Deeply disappointed Elite

2. Will Microsoft bond their grips fot the next generation of elite controller or will they...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will Microsoft bond their grips fot the next generation of elite controller or will they...: I have owned both a elite one and Elite 2 both of which the glued hand grips have come away one actually injuring me so I was wondering if Microsoft was going to drop their scummy attitude of...
  3. I'm very disappointed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm very disappointed: Last week I posted a question regarding my sudden inability to use the Game Bar. I received an answer asking that I provide additional information which I immediately did. Since which time I have...
  4. Will xbox x ever play guitar hero games?? Some of my favorites, and very disappointed to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will xbox x ever play guitar hero games?? Some of my favorites, and very disappointed to...: Some of my favorites, and very disappointed to find put I can't play them on Xbox x! e314ee1d-f95c-4d5a-b79b-6abd832dcac2
  5. Disappointed from Xbox Series X Perfomance

in XboX Insiders
    Disappointed from Xbox Series X Perfomance: Switching to the PS5. Very disappointing experience on the series x for me! Slow UI downloads stop and run again, very slow connection. Games like Far Cry 6 freeze for 1-3 seconds full and then...
  6. How disappointing can it get?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How disappointing can it get?: Bought an xbox series s and two controllers to play some diablo 4 and pass some time with a friend that has gone through a really hard time. He couldnt wait, his best friend was coming over to...
  7. Microsoft, you are disappointing!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft, you are disappointing!: Dear Microsoft, Thank you for ruining every Forza Horizon installment (And of course, everything that used to work well in the past), that has been released on PCs with your terrible Windows...
  8. Extremely fucking disappointed in the new xbox.

in XboX Insiders
    Extremely fucking disappointed in the new xbox.: I got my xbox series S $250. At first I was pretty happy with it, got gamepass and saw my many options with the new optimization, so I started downloading. I have a 2TB harddrive I spent $80 on,...
  9. Subject: Urgent - Redfall's Disappointing Launch and Technical Issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Subject: Urgent - Redfall's Disappointing Launch and Technical Issues: Dear Arkane Austin and Bethesda Softworks Team, I hope this post finds you well. I am writing to express my profound disappointment and frustration with the recent launch of Redfall, a highly...
  10. I got Savini long time ago but its not there in game so I'm kind of disappointed.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I got Savini long time ago but its not there in game so I'm kind of disappointed.: I like Friday 13th, I guess. 26e1253e-aaa9-4087-aa46-461337ebeaf9