DEBIT CARD REGISTRATION FAILURE

Discus and support DEBIT CARD REGISTRATION FAILURE in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi All. I am trying to register my Debit Card with Microsoft/Xbox. The problem is my country, Namibia on the African continent is not listed in the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Christy Krohne, Jan 10, 2023.

1. DEBIT CARD REGISTRATION FAILURE

Hi All. I am trying to register my Debit Card with Microsoft/Xbox. The problem is my country, Namibia on the African continent is not listed in the dropdown options of countries. I'm going to use my debit card to buy MSFS 2020 and use the same card for future online transactionsadd. I'm at a wits-end as I'm not getting replies from Microsoft.

This Microsoft/Xbox website has this generic questionnaire thing going which is not helpful at all.

:)

Christy Krohne, Jan 10, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

You have to physically move to that country

Microsoft does not have the legal ability to sell you games and services if your country is not on the list.
  3. Christy Krohne Win User

Thanks for the quick response. How do I "move" to a supported region, when I already have any account?
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

Namibia is not a supported region for Xbox and so you cannot use the store. The only solution is to move to a supported region

This link will give you a list of supported countries in each category

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/regions
  5. WPAK Win User

Visa debit card

Hi there,

they can't be used to buy xbox live gold memberships as a payment option.

See the text at solution 6 at this link:
    support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-credit-card-authorization-failure

It states that debit cards can't be used at this moment.

-

I suggest using the debit card to buy a xbox live gold subscription prepaid card at a local store
  6. David Wirsching Win User

How do I get my original debit card to work again

Hello Timothy C, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

If you're having trouble getting your original debit card to work as a payment method with Microsoft, even though it works fine for other transactions, you can try the following steps:

1. Make sure you have entered the correct debit card details, including the card number, expiration date, and CVV code. Even a small error in any of these details can result in a payment failure. Verify the information and re-enter it carefully.

2. If there have been any changes to your debit card, such as a new expiration date or a reissued card, make sure you update the payment information in your Microsoft account accordingly. Outdated card information can cause payment failures.

3. Clear the cache and cookies of your web browser or the Microsoft Store app. Sometimes, stored data can interfere with payment processing. After clearing the cache and cookies, try adding your debit card as a payment method again.

4. If the issue persists, consider using an alternative payment method, such as a different debit card or a credit card. This can help determine if the problem lies specifically with your original debit card or if it's a broader issue with your Microsoft account or the payment system.

5. Reach out to your bank or the card issuer to inquire if there are any restrictions or issues with using your debit card for online purchases, specifically with Microsoft. They can provide insight into any potential blocks or limitations on your card.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.
    Best regards.
Thema:

1. DEBIT CARD REGISTRATION FAILURE - Similar Threads - DEBIT CARD REGISTRATION

2. HOW TO ADD DEBIT CARD DETAILES TO XBOX ACCOUNT?

in XBoX on Windows
    HOW TO ADD DEBIT CARD DETAILES TO XBOX ACCOUNT?: HI MICROSOFT MANAGEMENT. MY SELF RAKESH AND MY QUERY IS AM UNABLE TO ADD MY DEBIT CARD (VISA) DETAILES AND AM UNABLE TO REDEEM MY GAME PASS PLEASE DO THE NEEDFUL . THANK YOU....
  3. Split payment using amount left over from xbox gift code and debit card?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Split payment using amount left over from xbox gift code and debit card?: I have money left from gift code after buying game was wanting to see if i could buy the xbox live Gold for $50. Using split payment of remaining balance of gift code and debit card?...
  4. when does it charge when im using the microsoft account balance instead of my debit card?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    when does it charge when im using the microsoft account balance instead of my debit card?: Hello, I preordered a game that comes out on February 2 of this year, but the Microsoft account balance doesn't show a change, I preorder the game in November, I read that it charges immediately...
  5. Why can't I add my visa debit card. It says the info isn't correct even though I have used...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I add my visa debit card. It says the info isn't correct even though I have used...: Why can't I add my visa debit card. It says the info isn't correct even though I have used the card several times. I have put the card in 20 times with no luck 56ebb309-3f32-4b18-8ac5-c034cf66332d
  6. how i can buy a game I'm trying every way with debit card shows it's not acceptable and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how i can buy a game I'm trying every way with debit card shows it's not acceptable and...: i made sure my region it's matching with the payment credit card what should I do more 55eb770b-e825-44e9-92b7-a32677b57aea
  7. I purchased a game with PayPal using my bank debit card and my PayPal is closed will my...

in XBoX on Windows
    I purchased a game with PayPal using my bank debit card and my PayPal is closed will my...: Hello, I bought a game and I just didn’t like it so I decided to get a refund, however I had made that purchase Through my PayPal second payment my debit, so it was from my debit but the payment...
  8. How do I get my original debit card to work again

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get my original debit card to work again: No matter what I do Microsoft is telling me my payment method information is wrong or expired when it's not, it works fine for my laptop. 5ec7143c-8cba-4767-9daa-6da518a4adb3
  9. I'm from Egypt and I don't have a credit card or debit card, so Can I buy Minecraft from...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm from Egypt and I don't have a credit card or debit card, so Can I buy Minecraft from...: I tried a lot to search for this but I reached nothing, so if someone tell me. 2ac1e533-e8b0-4839-b69d-9d2e23858b65
  10. Money got taken off my debit card I'm not too happy with y'all

in XBoX on Windows
    Money got taken off my debit card I'm not too happy with y'all: I'm not too happy with y'all right now money got taken off my damn debit card 5efe87c5-a583-4b35-802c-882442f4ee40