Dear Xbox...

Discus and support Dear Xbox... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Your new dashboard makes NO FRIGGEN SENSE! why fix something that wasn't broken? why!? now instead of organizing it better you decide to turn it into a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HVG Lightning, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Dear Xbox...

Your new dashboard makes NO FRIGGEN SENSE! why fix something that wasn't broken? why!? now instead of organizing it better you decide to turn it into a super giant bandwidth abusing pile of garbage. Yes that's right your dashboard drains the crap out of
    the bandwidth usage and don't think I wasn't paying attention because I was! Even messages take longer then before to load. Oh and don't get me started about the adds. "Oh I know what we need! let's throw more adds into the dashboard and make it look like
    a mess huhuhuhuhuh!!!". In fact i think it's insulting, are you suggesting that majority of people who play xbox are disorganized people? if so then why not just say so? because the truth is I DO NOT ENJOY LOOKING AT A MESS!!! Xbox, get your gears together.

Sincerely

A pissed off customer

:)

HVG Lightning, Oct 17, 2017
  2. UnyoBro
    UnyoBro Guest
    Dear Xbox

"Dear Xbox" reminds me of when Homer Simpson was sending letters to movies, "Dear DieHard".

UnyoBro, Oct 17, 2017
  3. otisthered
    otisthered Guest
    XOX putting the competition on NOTICE!!!!!!

Oh dear lord...

otisthered, Oct 17, 2017
  4. Dear Xbox...

It's all really about optimizing the speed of the dashboard UI, as well as introduce new concept ("Blocks") to organize your game/app shortcuts. Dashboard updates are also mainly based on
    consumer feedback. You can submit your ideas to improve the Xbox dashboard if you wish.

Not everybody will be happy with a dashboard UI change, but there's honestly no turning back if you want to continue playing online. Best thing to do at this point is give the UI overhaul a chance.

As far as the bandwidth problem goes, you could try a few things:

• If your router has a QoS (Quality of Service) option, use it to control the amount of bandwidth the Xbox One consumes. Be sure to set up a static IP on your Xbox to ensure bandwidth is controlled on that address you specify for QoS.
    • Uninstall games you don't play so they don't automatically update in the background. You can always re-download or reinstall with a disc.
    • If possible in your area, consider an internet service plan that doesn't enforce a data cap. Xbox One data usage can be quite unpredictable and high, depending on how you use the console.

Internet Expert, Oct 17, 2017
  5. xxLunaKoraxx
    xxLunaKoraxx Guest
    I agree 100% This is **** horrible!!!!!!!!!!! This literally looks like 2000s computer screen when you keep getting pop ups. This is so ugly and so disorganized. I have had nothing but problems with Xbox for
    the past month. I will never buy another Xbox product. I will be moving to Playstation unless they fix their ****. There was nothing wrong with the last dashboard. This runs so slow.

xxLunaKoraxx, Oct 17, 2017
  6. What is it that drains internet?

What I could see if it was adding a game, not pinned, and there were some parts that seemed to be read online that was more like hidden before. If it were comments or shared achievements or whatever that was. Nothing I use.

So we just have to feed back this in uservoice and vote for more customize of that part - to only get things that are of value to anybody.

I noticed if using the Add More part below on what is there, you can remove that where it turns up after that - and then that sections is all gone.

Just last played and pinned stuff left for me - clean and nothing that bother me - just lovely improvement IMO.

So more options to configure is what is needed for everybody to be pleased.

BookishFlunky90, Oct 17, 2017
  7. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    I agree too. Xbox 360's UI is great. I get a headache looking at all the squares and 4 by 4's and 2 by 2 and ocean of boxes on the Xbox One UI. Sure a middle aged adult may not have an issue with it, but a kid or a 5 year old may not like it. Xbox
    360's UI is more friendly. It's far too complicated and far too formal for under 12 year olds. And I have met under 12 year olds on Xbox who have quoted they don't like it and that 360's UI is better.
    If you think the XB1 UI is good, why does Microsoft see the need to update the thing every month pretty much on XB1? When was the last time they updated the 360 UI, it's still supported........ it's been a while since their last update. That's
    because hardly anyone is complaining about it. Now they're updating the UI on XB1 a lot more because they just cant get it right. They fired their Xbox 360 engineers and hired half hearted staff and lie to us that the UI is what "the majority" want and that
    it's from the feedback. Who uses Mixer? YouTube is far bigger. I have to press so many buttons to bring up what I want.

Thank goodness for Voice Commands. Lets just use Voice Commands and call it a day. Saves pressing a hundred buttons and waiting for loading screens in between. Well at least the UI isn't crashing our consoles that much.

smileskybird, Oct 17, 2017
  8. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest

Dear Xbox...

Update is finally here 788MB - why is the file update so big? Is it like a major service pack or something lol. I'm not in the preview program thingy so let you people know once it's finished.

smileskybird, Oct 18, 2017
  9. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    And so it begins.

It was announced yesterday that the new update was rolling out & there's even a sticky on this very forum telling you about the new update.

My nephew is 10 & prefers the xbox one dash to the xbox 360 dash as do his friends.

Why would they update the 360 dash?The 360 is last gen,360's aren't being made anymore,hardly any games are released for it now,it's not a case of it not being complained about,it's a case of why waste recourses updating an old console.

Really not sure how this new dash is using up more bandwith than before.

Had this for a while now & hated it at first but you get used to it & it's a fair bit quicker than before.

People wanted more customisation & this is what they have got.

If you don't enjoy looking at the dash then how about playing a game on your gaming console.

Daft Badger, Oct 18, 2017
  10. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    I have it.

Mixed opinions. In the top left corner where it shows your gamertag and gamerpic and Gamerscore, that stuff needs to be bigger. Not a picture of a YouTube (or your most recently used app) taking up like half the screen.

Second, when you hit the guide button, totally don't like this layout. It suits PS4, but not Xbox. The icons are smaller which causes eye fatigue which is a Health and Safety issue Microsoft needs to address. You have to click so many times just to get to
    the messages. The previous layout was better. I have perfect peripheral vision too. But this update I feel may mess it up. And I play on a 40' HDTV and sit up to 3 metres away.

As for the community, bad form. Instead of neat structured columns (previously formatted into 2), it's now a sea of squares all over the place lol.

Another aspect is you bio no longer appears below your gamerpic and gamertag. You have to scroll all the way down the bottom past your recent activity and they've put your bio all the way down there.

I look forward to their next service pack update next month. Lets hope the next one's better. And I'd say Microsoft does read on here now since they now have paid staff moderating the forums now (Xbox Support/Official Support).

I give this update a 5/10. Xbox 360's UI 9/10. Previous Xbox One UI before this update, 6/10. Place more emphasis on YouTube. It's bigger than this Mixer thingy.

11. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    Dear Xbox... [​IMG]

Dear Xbox... [​IMG]

Dear Xbox... [​IMG]

Hi everyone. I've included some screenshots I took with my Samsung S8. It's 1:12 am in the morning for me.

Regarding the new update, it's still too boxy especially when another box pane opens just for messages. In one of my images, you'll see your profile is only displayed in a tiny section on the top left corner. And while this is not the official feedback site,
    this is a forum discussion on the official site of Xbox forums.

The little icon symbols you see in the left pane when you hit the home button, are very small. This can cause eye fatigue.

However regarding speed, yes, it IS a bit quicker the UI.

As to 360's UI, they do still provide full Xbox Live support for it, even though they rightfully are focusing more on Xbox One as the current gen. Xbox 360 still has more people playing on it, than the amount of people playing on Xbox One which last time
    I checked is over 12 million on Xbox One and over 40 million who have played on a 360. But when I got 360 late 2010, they weren't HIGH and updating the 360 UI every month, what they're doing on XB1 and still people complain about it.

It is better in some respects, speed; but there's still room for improvement. First thing I feel they need to work on is not putting a sea of boxes on the UI. Next is making sure more important parts of the dash like you profile pic gamertag Kinect battery
    symbol are more emphasized, not your most recent app. But I'm happy to increase my rating of this update to a 5.5/10.

12. J.R.G.
    J.R.G. Guest
    I've have 1 X Box in the preview and another not. While I wasn't a fan of the new dash at first, I took the update on the console not in the preview to get it. The new dash is very responsive once you learn the shortcuts, and the Home screen customization
    is very nice; myself only have Pins and News. While I understand a lot of people don't like change or learning new things, can't fault this new dash once you've gotten accustomed.

J.R.G., Oct 18, 2017
  13. Wskrs
    Wskrs Guest

Dear Xbox...

I have to agree, are you trying to send us back to the PC. This is the most horrible interface I ever seen. Why did you ruin this for us? Not even a warning, I spent time trying to figure out what was wrong with my console, turns
    out it was just made to look like 2001. It doesn't even fit properly on my TV. If a programmer working for me showed me this crap I would send him packing.

PLEASE PUT IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS!!!!

Wskrs, Oct 18, 2017
  14. WULFKARD
    WULFKARD Guest
    Instead of seeing everything I need right off the bat, I now go through three screens to find what I want. I agree with HVG Lightning. Liked the old home screen set up better.

WULFKARD, Nov 1, 2018
  15. Tatakai no Kami Win User

Dear xbox,

But it used to be on one of the first pages on the dash, whether it was on the actual first page when loading up or on the first page for games I am not 100% sure, I think it was on the first in a previous version but the last one moved it to games. Now
    it is buried inside the games menus.
  16. RsisRsis Win User

Dear xbox,

^ you're right, there was no Blood Armor for that one, my mistake.
  17. Sin Continuum Win User

Dear xbox,

[quote user="SparkStormrider"]

I will never get a game that has ANY strings attached. That's what the free games from Sony are for the PSN+ or whatever its called. That's just me.

<snip>

[/quote]I would understand if peoples argument was that they dont want to pay another $50 for PSN+, but I really dont get the "strings attached" or rental argument. Plus, almost all games come with some strings attached. EA sports games shut down servers
    all the time making their MP useless. Netflix (not a game I know), other apps, and EVERY game that has MP on here (have you never played Halo's MP?) is dependant on maintaining Gold. Etc. Etc. Etc. You can do anything you want, but PSN+ offers a wide variety
    of games every month (Borderlands, LBP2, Rachet & Clank all 4 one, Outland are recent examples) and I have enjoyed playing a lot of them. Even if I stop + service in the future I will still have fond memories of the games I played. And has been pointed out
    twice before me, most people dont play a game past a month or they just play it once and never look at it again. Again, the $50 fee may be prohibitive, but not playing a LOT of games because of percieved attached strings seems like cutting your nose off to
    spite your face. Just my opinion.
  18. Windows10XboxOne Win User

Dear xbox,

Payday: The Heist.is awesome.
  19. US Revenge Win User

Dear xbox,

not paying for plus is silly, because at the end of the year you got a collection of games, besides, who plays game more for more then a month anymore, very few fit that description .

-

the free games you get with PSN+ are free. yea its like "a rental" but when you throw in discounts, full game trials and the fact that they aren't crap motion control games its vastly superior to xbox gold, only fanboys claim otherwise. heck this month
    we got payday: heist free, which is a pretty fun game.

-

for ps3 I have like 3 retail games that I bought with $ and the rest are arcade titles or were free with PSN+. though I put much more time in xbox I don't see myself getting the next xbox console unless MS shapes up.
Thema:

Dear Xbox...

1. Dear Xbox... - Similar Threads - Dear

2. Dear Microsoft I need you to help me because I have redeemed 100 rubux and the code did not...

in XBoX on Windows
    Dear Microsoft I need you to help me because I have redeemed 100 rubux and the code did not...: My rubux i reedmed witch was 100 rubux don’t work the code Dosent I want compition witch is that I want 1000.rubux beacuse my code dont work 2d757090-6611-43a0-8e57-ca3937587095
  3. Dear wise men

in XBoX Accessibility
    Dear wise men: Dear wise men: In a perfect world, every controller should have a fingerprint reader. And every controller should turn on any xbox unless you disable it in your gear, specificlly. That would allow...
  4. Dear Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dear Xbox: Dear Xbox I am hoping that you will see this and that you will consider this as a thing I am someone who played fable 2 but never knew about the chamber of fate chest until very recently. I am...
  5. Dear Someone! I have no sound in Forza MS 8/X box series X, but every other game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dear Someone! I have no sound in Forza MS 8/X box series X, but every other game...: Dear Someone! I have no sound in Forza MS 8/X box series X, but every other game has....what could be the prbl! Thanks for the answers! b4ae914d-ce64-42ab-9fb6-e9f1c9e0c8e8
  6. Dear community, how can I connect a generic controller ro a win 10 PC to use it on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dear community, how can I connect a generic controller ro a win 10 PC to use it on...: Dear community, My son plays Minecraft on a win10 PC through xbox live. How can I give him a generic controller instead of the mouse? It works on the PC, but doesn't work on Minecraft, or...
  7. Dear xbox insider I need your help

in XboX Insiders
    Dear xbox insider I need your help: Hello, Xbox insiders people are used to be one of you. I had the Xbox update preview. Which I left but there's a thing I need to ask. Is there any way for you all to restore all my logins on my...
  8. Request to Bring Xbox Cloud Gaming to Nepal Dear Xbox Cloud Team

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Request to Bring Xbox Cloud Gaming to Nepal Dear Xbox Cloud Team: Subject: Request to Bring Xbox Cloud Gaming Service to Nepal Dear Xbox Cloud Team, I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to express the strong interest and enthusiasm of gamers...
  9. Dears Kindly advise how i can reinstall serious sam 4 I already uninstall it And I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dears Kindly advise how i can reinstall serious sam 4 I already uninstall it And I...: Dears Kindly advise how i can reinstall serious sam 4 I already uninstall it And I moved the source to another partition on my laptop Thanks 5300b619-8eff-416e-9950-c9b8d68dbbdc
  10. Dear Microsoft, the Blizzard Leadership Team/Devs responsible for game design are Noobs....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dear Microsoft, the Blizzard Leadership Team/Devs responsible for game design are Noobs....: Longtime customer of Blizzard active in the community. If they made a game, I purchased it. Why wouldn't I? Blizzard was a great company that made great games. The current Devs are noobs and are...