Dear Microsoft, please give us the ability to support hardware ourselves in Forza games.

Discus and support Dear Microsoft, please give us the ability to support hardware ourselves in Forza games. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; We're not asking you to officially support the Xbox wireless racing wheel (or wireless speed wheel) in the Forza games because we know the amount of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by SackManiac, Jul 28, 2021.

1. SackManiac
    SackManiac Guest

Dear Microsoft, please give us the ability to support hardware ourselves in Forza games.

We're not asking you to officially support the Xbox wireless racing wheel (or wireless speed wheel) in the Forza games because we know the amount of people using these isn't significant enough to justify it, but the least I expect is to either a) use a compatibility mode or better yet, b) let us put in a config to support it ourselves. What you're doing is deliberately making perfectly usable hardware obsolete and unusable when it otherwise would be 100% fine to use it. Yeah sure, technology has moved on, but there's no other force feedback racing wheel on the market that even supports wireless which is still way better than having a cable way across the floor to the PC. Closest we've got for modern stuff is the old Hyperkin S. And that's before I mention the homemade gear that the community's come out with for racing which there's no way you could code support for.

Do you really make that much in royalties over every Thrustmaster or Logitech G-whatever sale on the Xbox one to justify doing this? You're pushing to be a carbon neutral company, sending stuff to landfill doesn't help your bottom line.

If you can let us do this for flight simulator, you can also let us do this on racing games. Come on.

And while we're at it, an Xbox wireless adapter that supports both 360 and One/Series controllers and accessories is something I'd really like to see. I'd also like to see an option for software pairing in windows so I don't have to reach round my PC to press the little button every time I want to pair something.

Signed: everyone who bought an Xbox 360 wireless racing wheel, and who also has homemade controllers.

:)

SackManiac, Jul 28, 2021
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

I’m sorry it’s simply not possible to do

Xbox Controllers contain a security chip, and support for any peripheral must be patched into the game. Each Xbox game is its own walled garden for security reasons and there are no windows style universal peripheral subsystems. Only PlayGround games can add software support for a device, and only licensed third parties can create an adapter.

No one’s homemade mods or controllers function on the console version of Flight Simulator, nor are end users writing system level functions. Third parties submit mods and new planes and such through official channels which are added to the game. It’s the difference between the security guard at the gift shop and the guys guarding the gold at Fort Knox.

The PC version of both games will give you the flexibility you’re looking for. Microsoft is not subsidizing your PC, so the rules are different.

Best of luck to you finding a solution. As Microsoft deliberately over engineered the Xbox One controller hardware, all X1 peripherals are compatible with Series consoles, a trend that is unlikely to change in the foreseeable future, so disposability shouldn’t be an issue moving forward.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

That’s good news then. Since you’re working with a secure app on Windows, it likely still needs some kind of patch from PlayGround’s end, but it seems far more possible now.

Go to their support forums where such a request is far more likely to be noticed. They’re busy with Forza 5’s end run right now, and under ideal circumstances I think it’ll have a long glide path, but I hope they notice and make it happen.

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us
  4. SackManiac Win User

I'm actually trying to get this to work on PC, I'm very much aware that if this was Xbox it wouldn't be possible as much as part of me wishes it was (even in a limited fashion). The issue I have on PC is that the game doesn't recognise the controller at all (just says it's incompatible) or allow me to create any key bindings with the controller. I am using an official Xbox 360 wireless adapter on the PC side and it's worked with other controllers so I know it's not the adapter.
  5. Karotte160 Win User

will there be a patch for the 50hz/60hz problem ?

Dear Support Team,

I still have not read anything from microsoft or your team on this problem. Can you please give us an update?

Regards

Chris
  6. ttaurean30 Win User

My Achievement Score

Microsoft, please give us the ability to delete achievements to games we don't have or will no longer play that have a 0 achievement/score!! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!
Thema:

1. Dear Microsoft, please give us the ability to support hardware ourselves in Forza games. - Similar Threads - Dear Microsoft please

2. Dear Microsoft I need you to help me because I have redeemed 100 rubux and the code did not...

in XBoX on Windows
    Dear Microsoft I need you to help me because I have redeemed 100 rubux and the code did not...: My rubux i reedmed witch was 100 rubux don’t work the code Dosent I want compition witch is that I want 1000.rubux beacuse my code dont work 2d757090-6611-43a0-8e57-ca3937587095
  3. Dear Microsoft, the Blizzard Leadership Team/Devs responsible for game design are Noobs....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dear Microsoft, the Blizzard Leadership Team/Devs responsible for game design are Noobs....: Longtime customer of Blizzard active in the community. If they made a game, I purchased it. Why wouldn't I? Blizzard was a great company that made great games. The current Devs are noobs and are...
  4. DEAR MICROSOFT AND 343

in XBoX Accessibility
    DEAR MICROSOFT AND 343: ok i am so sick of this microsoft for the love of god oh microsoft and 343 i spent money on halo and cant even play any of them my account is not banned ive done the credential manager nonsense...
  5. Dear Microsoft my hdmi Port stopped working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dear Microsoft my hdmi Port stopped working.: Dear Microsoft someone gifted me an Xbox series x for Christmas. For the first 5 months everything thing was working perfectly fine until one day unexpectedly the hdmi Port stopped working I tried...
  6. Dear microsoft can my account get banned for logging into minecraft on my ps4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dear microsoft can my account get banned for logging into minecraft on my ps4: Dear microsoft can my account get banned for logging into minecraft on my ps4 cc822d4f-9b91-403e-be87-2e181bca251c
  7. Dear Microsoft, this is a note from an old timer.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dear Microsoft, this is a note from an old timer.: I wanted to post a discussion here for the gamers who remember gaming on the original xbox, playstation, even Atari... My experiences from these old platforms is that the games did not have as...
  8. A little helpor idea for our dear Xbox OS devs at Microsoft

in XboX Insiders
    A little helpor idea for our dear Xbox OS devs at Microsoft: [IMG] submitted by /u/Groundbreaking-Rip-2 [link] [comments]
  9. Dear Microsoft, are you doing anything to combat the scalping of your consoles?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Dear Microsoft, are you doing anything to combat the scalping of your consoles?: Not for nothing, but the immense response to the release of the consoles, has prompted scalpers to buy most of the supply of these consoles. They are being sold on obvious marketplace locations...
  10. Dear Microsoft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dear Microsoft: Hi xbox are you guys adding 2k21 to gamepass ultimate beacause you guys took away 2k20 from gamepass and i thought u were adding 2k21 9268e65e-881f-4182-9168-c966935ca849