Dead Space - Unable to play

Discus and support Dead Space - Unable to play in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I downloaded Dead Space in April on games with gold and when trying to play it today I was unable to play it. I was told by xbox support to uninstall... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by uH Ginge, Jul 3, 2016.

1. uH Ginge
    uH Ginge Guest

I downloaded Dead Space in April on games with gold and when trying to play it today I was unable to play it. I was told by xbox support to uninstall and reinstall the game but upon uninstalling it I am no longer able to download it as it is not in my ready
    to install queue. The game also wasnt showing in my licenses on xbox.com

:)

uH Ginge, Jul 3, 2016
  2. Wolfsbladex
    Wolfsbladex Guest
    Dead Space 3 fatal bug (unable to play)

The blueprint part helped but I can no longer play online with that profile. I made a copy of it on an SD card & deleted it from my Hard drive. I'll just have to continue from on old standard save :/

Wolfsbladex, Jul 3, 2016
  3. Wolfsbladex
    Wolfsbladex Guest
    Dead Space 3 fatal bug (unable to play)

It started when I was in the weapon crafting arena 4/6/13. -Whenever I save/quit the game freezes/crashes. -Whenever I get to a "progress saving" area the game freezes/crashes -When selecting the data you wish to choose and it displays current percentage
    and whether it's Classic mode, Pure Survival, etc; It displays 0.0% and it does NOT display a mode. It is blank. Not Standard, Classic, New Game+. It is empty. -I CANNOT make a New Game+, but Classic, Pure Survival, & Hardcore still appear. -On "Progress
    & Unlocks" everything displays 0.0%, but when I started Chapter 4 the Weapon part and Circuit don't appear which means I've still got everything but suffering a literal game-breaking bug...like being unable to play it. Has anyone ever experienced this before?
    Any solutions? As it stands the my game cannot be played and after putting 73+ hrs into and it's clear I enjoy it very much but I'd appreciate if I don't have to start over from square one (not likely) or pawn it. Severely not hoping for the latter Dead Space - Unable to play :(.

Wolfsbladex, Jul 3, 2016
  4. Dead Space - Unable to play

Hey there uH Ginge!

Sorry to hear about the issue! I went ahead and moved your post to the appropriate forum for better visibility. Just to clarify, are you participating in the Preview Program? Also, did you originally purchase Dead Space on your uH Ginge account?

Mister Quimby, Jul 4, 2016
  5. uH Ginge
    uH Ginge Guest
    No Im not and when I downloaded it I did so on my account

uH Ginge, Jul 5, 2016
  6. aliis1214
    aliis1214 Guest
    have you tried to go into the download que after a power cycle? Also when you get the GwG you did do this under your uH Ginge account? also did at any time your Xbox Live Membership lapse? I have seen in the past if a membership lapse that some GwG games
    after being deleted may not show. if you are using an external drive are you saving it on the external or internal, are you having them both show when you are browsing the games? Dead Space - Unable to play :)

aliis1214, Jul 6, 2016
  7. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    Hey there uH Ginge,

Is it possible you have another account signed into your Xbox One Console that the game may have downloaded to instead? You can check the games that you own by clicking on
    My Games from your Xbox profile here on Xbox.com. If the game does not show up on that page, that will indicate that your uH Gigne profile does not own Dead Space.

Please be sure to report back if you are able to see Dead Space on that page while signed into your 'uH Gigne' account.

Mister Beep, Jul 6, 2016
  8. uH Ginge
    uH Ginge Guest

I looked in the download queue and on ready to install,it isnt there. My gold ran out in march so it didnt lapse before I downloaded the game. On my games and apps it is set to show all storage devices on my xbox and it isnt there.

Ive asked the person who owns the only other account that is on my xbox to check if it is in their queue,it isnt and it wasnt showing on my games on xbox.com but when I checked that it was after the support person told me to uninstall it from my xbox.

uH Ginge, Jul 6, 2016
  9. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    Hey uH Ginge,

If you aren't seeing the game listed under My Games on Xbox.com via the link I provided above, then that indicates that your Xbox Live account does not own the license for the Dead Space. As a result, we are unfortunately unable to assist any further.

If you would like to play Dead Space, the game is currently on sale through the Xbox Live Summer Sale, which ends on July 12th, 2016. Thank you for posting.

Mister Beep, Jul 7, 2016
  10. uH Ginge
    uH Ginge Guest
    Ok fair enough but if I didnt 'own' the game how was I able to download it in the first place?

uH Ginge, Jul 7, 2016
  11. I have the same problem as uH Ginge. I've got the game in April through Games with Gold and i have not played it anymore in the last 2 months i think, but yesterday when i tried to play it i got the message "Do you own this game or app?". I am 100% sure
    that the game was downloaded into my account when i had a Gold subscription, and now after i renewed my subscription i can't play the game anymore. The game license can't just disappear...

CatalinTwist3r, Jul 7, 2016
  12. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest
    Heya uH Ginge.

It's possible another Xbox Live account was signed in while you made the free "purchase". If your Xbox One was set as that account's home Xbox One, all users would have access to the content which would explain why you were able to download and play it.
    I recommend checking in with other accounts that are used on your Xbox One or Xbox 360.

Mister Maka, Nov 2, 2018
  13. Mister Maka Win User

Heya uH Ginge.

It's possible another Xbox Live account was signed in while you made the free "purchase". If your Xbox One was set as that account's home Xbox One, all users would have access to the content which would explain why you were able to download and play it.
    I recommend checking in with other accounts that are used on your Xbox One or Xbox 360.
  14. Mister Beep Win User

Hey there uH Ginge,

Is it possible you have another account signed into your Xbox One Console that the game may have downloaded to instead? You can check the games that you own by clicking on
    My Games from your Xbox profile here on Xbox.com. If the game does not show up on that page, that will indicate that your uH Gigne profile does not own Dead Space.

Please be sure to report back if you are able to see Dead Space on that page while signed into your 'uH Gigne' account.
  15. CatalinTwist3r Win User

I have the same problem as uH Ginge. I've got the game in April through Games with Gold and i have not played it anymore in the last 2 months i think, but yesterday when i tried to play it i got the message "Do you own this game or app?". I am 100% sure
    that the game was downloaded into my account when i had a Gold subscription, and now after i renewed my subscription i can't play the game anymore. The game license can't just disappear...
  16. uH Ginge Win User

Ok fair enough but if I didnt 'own' the game how was I able to download it in the first place?
  17. Mister Beep Win User

Hey uH Ginge,

If you aren't seeing the game listed under My Games on Xbox.com via the link I provided above, then that indicates that your Xbox Live account does not own the license for the Dead Space. As a result, we are unfortunately unable to assist any further.

If you would like to play Dead Space, the game is currently on sale through the Xbox Live Summer Sale, which ends on July 12th, 2016. Thank you for posting.
Thema:

1. Dead Space - Unable to play - Similar Threads - Dead Space Unable

2. Dead Space 3 Coop says "Failed to Join Game"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Dead Space 3 Coop says "Failed to Join Game": I've been trying play with a friend (Series X and Series S) and no matter what we try it says it failed to work. I've tried restarting, checking ip, redownloading the online pass, etc but it just...
  3. Dead space 3 online pass issue - Xbox series x - 2023

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dead space 3 online pass issue - Xbox series x - 2023: Hi, I have been trying to get the online pass for dead space 3 on my Xbox series x but with no luck. 1-When I first open the game i get presented with 2 options A- to enter code for online...
  4. Dead Space Remake

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dead Space Remake: Everywhere the last week on the Internet there has been ads stating the dead space remake would launch on game pass today and so far nothing. So was this a lie or is it glitched?...
  5. Dead space 3 multiplayer says failed to join or please wait hosting game load screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dead space 3 multiplayer says failed to join or please wait hosting game load screen: Me and my Friend started a Coop save on dead space 3. It worked fine until we hit chapter 4 and now every time we try to connect, it says "failed to join" or is stuck on an infinite loading screen...
  6. Why is Dead Space not playable on Xbox Series S per the store?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is Dead Space not playable on Xbox Series S per the store?: In the store on my Xbox Series S, it's saying Dead Space (2023) is not playable on this device. Why is that when I'm buying it from the store? 7a643761-62c9-4f2c-b331-2a209d8154b0
  7. I want to play Dead Space 3 co-op via xcloud but it says i need an online pass which i'm...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to play Dead Space 3 co-op via xcloud but it says i need an online pass which i'm...: No matter what I try i am unable to get the online pass via xcloud 2827ed1b-15cd-40f5-98a4-1357e6b53c5f
  8. Kinesis problems on Dead Space, on a backwards compatible Xbox1

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinesis problems on Dead Space, on a backwards compatible Xbox1: I have an XBox 1, updated to for backwards compatability. Just bought Dead Space (2008) All's well UNTIL the start of Chapter 2 when I pick up the Kinesis control The TL button does not activate...
  9. Hi there. I purchased the dead space game for£79.99but is not allowyme to install. Please...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi there. I purchased the dead space game for£79.99but is not allowyme to install. Please...: Hi there I purchased the Dead Space game for £79.99 but is not allowed me to install the game. Please advice me what to do Thanks bfe942e4-5710-4301-938b-11237fa5ce40
  10. How to get the Dead Space 3 Online Pass on Xcloud?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to get the Dead Space 3 Online Pass on Xcloud?: I want to play it with a friend but i cant because the game ask me for a Online Pass but when i go to downloadable content and try to get it the xbox app told me that i cant use that function....