Dead Cells - xbox game pass ultimate PC no longer launching

Discus and support Dead Cells - xbox game pass ultimate PC no longer launching in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi - for a couple of days now, I am unable to launch dead cells PC that is included in my xbox game pass ultimate. Whenever I start it, it tries to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Radu Andrei Țențea, May 24, 2022.

1. Dead Cells - xbox game pass ultimate PC no longer launching

Hi - for a couple of days now, I am unable to launch dead cells PC that is included in my xbox game pass ultimate.

Whenever I start it, it tries to launch, then fails with error code: (0x8007042b)

As per some suggestions on the internet, I have rest the game, xbox app and MS store app. Rebooted the computer, uninstalled dead cells and reinstalled. Nothing seems to work.

It looks like they changed the way the game launches in xbox app for win 11, with that nice splash screen.

Regards,

Radu

:)

Radu Andrei Țențea, May 24, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Radu. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Would you please try the following steps and see if they work for you?

First, see if Windows is updated:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click Download and Install Now option, if available (check for optional updates too);

After that:

- Completely uninstall Xbox App (and Xbox Companion App if you have it). Use their own uninstaller (just search for Xbox on Windows Start and click on uninstall).

- After uninstalling, go to Start > Type PowerShell > Right click it and select “Run As Administrator” > Type the following command and press Enter (you can run one at a time):

Get-AppxPackage Xbox | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxApp | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.GamingServices | Remove-AppxPackage –allusers

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

(If you receive an error when executing any of these commands, don't bother. Just follow the other steps here)

- Press Windows + R and type in "regedit". Press enter.

- Search for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services

- Delete the folders "GamingServices", "GamingServices.net" and "xinputhid" (if they're still there).

- Click on Start > Credential Manager > Windows Credentials. Search for Xbl|DeviceKey, click on it and then Remove.

- Delete Accounts and Cache folders at:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\TokenBroker

- Also delete Microsoft Store local cache files at:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe

- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Microsoft Store > Advanced Options > Reset.

- Go to Start > Settings > Gaming > Xbox Networking > Fix it.

- Go to Start > Settings > Gaming > Game Mode > Set if OFF.

- Go to Start > Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options > Privacy > Uncheck "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update and restart."

- Press the Windows Key + R. Type WSReset.exe and press Enter.

- Restart Windows.

- If you're using a proxy, please stop using it for now:

- Press Windows Key + R. Type inetcpl.cpl and press Enter. Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings. Uncheck the Use a proxy server for your LAN check box. Click Ok.

- Please check if Date and Time is set correct. Uncheck "Set the time automatically", do it manually.

- Run PowerShell as an Administrator again and run the command:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

- Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt. Open Microsoft Store after the installation and login with the correct Microsoft Account.

- Finally, install Xbox App (and Xbox Companion App if you had it) again. Open it and login to the correct Microsoft/Xbox account. If you are on the Xbox Insiders program, click on the profile image and navigate to the settings menu. Head over to the General sub-menu in the Settings menu. Uncheck the “Use advanced installation and management features” option.

- Create a desktop shortcut for the game and run it from there: Open Xbox app, Right click on the game in the left border, a little menu will pop up and one of the options is create a desktop shortcut.

Let me know how it goes.
  3. Juice Man 7777 Win User

What Games Do You Guys Play That Are On The Gamepass?

Subnautica, Dead Cells, Witcher 3, Outer Worlds, Forza Horizon 4, Everspace, SuperHot, Age of Empires 2 on the game pass Ultimate for PC, and i'm about to start playing the Pedro game...
  4. PhilippePlas Win User

Error 0x87e00013 while updating a game in XBox beta onPC

same issue ... can't update any xbox game pass PC games....

have to uninstall /reinstall.

other apps (that are not xbox game pass) are uptated through store without any issue.

for microsoft: dead cells has no cloud saves through xbox live (working on outer world/gears 5..but not dead cells)
  5. Christyna64 Win User

Cannot backup save games

Not all Game Pass games sync progress between the two versions on PC and Xbox. My Time At Potia, Dead Cells, Demons Tilt and Outerworlds is an example of this.
  6. Ricardo Cintra Win User

xbox game pass

In PC don't launch in Game Pass Ultimate
Thema:

1. Dead Cells - xbox game pass ultimate PC no longer launching - Similar Threads - Dead Cells game

2. I have a issue with dead cells

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a issue with dead cells: I have an error called "Null access" and this appeared Null access Called from tool.SpeedrunData.saveBestRunTime...
  3. Dead Cells uncaught exception error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dead Cells uncaught exception error: A few days ago I was play able to this game but then I got this error. Null access Called from tool.SpeedrunData.saveBestRunTime...
  4. Dead Cell crashes when selecting my save file and is unplayable

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dead Cell crashes when selecting my save file and is unplayable: I launch the game, but when I hit play on my main save file the game crashes and shows this error: Null access Called from tool.SpeedrunData.saveBestRunTime...
  5. I need help with Dead Cells. For some reason the moment i press the play button it crashes....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help with Dead Cells. For some reason the moment i press the play button it crashes....: Null access Called from tool.SpeedrunData.saveBestRunTime (D:\Gitlab-Runner\builds\HQ33PpjF\0\motion-twin\deadcells\client\src/tool/SpeedrunData.hx line 44) Called from tool.SpeedrunData.newGame...
  6. I purchased some auric cells at dead by daylight and they didn't give them to me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased some auric cells at dead by daylight and they didn't give them to me: I made the purchase of 12,500 cells and there was an error in the purchase where they deducted my money but did not give me the cells. 09912cc2-6b5f-4a3a-bccf-bbeee8e80d94
  7. Can't play Dead Cells and Hollow Knight because I'm stuck on an infinite login screen

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't play Dead Cells and Hollow Knight because I'm stuck on an infinite login screen: Hey there, I recently redeemed my free Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (1 month) which was included in my laptop purchase, and I downloaded Dead Cells and Hollow Knight. The thing is, I can't open them...
  8. Dead Cells from GamePass crashes on "Play"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dead Cells from GamePass crashes on "Play": Pretty much what the title says. Crash log below. Tried reinstalling, repairing, all to no avail. I don't have a D drive on my personal PC, I am the only user, and I have never installed any...
  9. Dead cells on PC Gamepass crashes and is unplayable

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dead cells on PC Gamepass crashes and is unplayable: The game will launch but as soon as I hit play game I get the following pop up window and the game crashes. I have restarted my computer multiple times, made sure OS, xbox app, and graphic drivers...
  10. Alguém quer uma chave de dead cells?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Alguém quer uma chave de dead cells?: galera to vendendo uma key dead cells p xbox qm quiser responde o comentário Guys I'm selling a key dead cells for xbox anyone who wants to reply to the comment b010c15e-cc93-4b8e-a00c-0cb9c9e6e7a5