Deactivate and activate console as primary after not being able to play games in secondary...

Discus and support Deactivate and activate console as primary after not being able to play games in secondary... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I write in case someone can help me. I have recently restored my XBOX Series X to factory state. In it I had my account as principal or managed,... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Oaransan, Nov 8, 2021.

1. Oaransan
    Oaransan Guest

Deactivate and activate console as primary after not being able to play games in secondary...

Hello, I write in case someone can help me. I have recently restored my XBOX Series X to factory state. In it I had my account as principal or managed, and my two children with their corresponding accounts. Obviously, all three of us could play the Game Pass games, purchased, Gold, etc. However, after restoring the console to factory state and reentering the profiles, etc. From my account you could play the games but if we tried it from another of the profiles a message would come out saying that I had to go live with my main account and you could not play the games of the main account of that console in other profiles . What I did was deactivate the console as the main one and reactivate it as the main one, in that same console. Previously, said account was as the main one in an S Series that I sold to go up to the X Series. The fact is that the problem was solved, as I said, by doing that, deactivating the X series as the main one and re-activating it as the main one. But I don't know if this should have happened and if I have done the right thing. That is the first question. And, I also wanted to ask if there is a problem with this. I have read that an Xbox can only be activated as the main one five times a year and that if that figure is exceeded, the secondary profiles of the console will not be able to play those of the main profile. I am concerned and wanted to know if there is any way to find out how many changes are available to me so I can be very careful with that. I have reset the console a couple of times and with the change from the S series to the X, etc. I am concerned that I may have exhausted or be about to make that number of changes. I have not received any message in this regard with the number of changes made, but I do not know if what happened is normal, although it was solved later by deactivating and activating the console as the main one. Thanks.

:)

Oaransan, Nov 8, 2021
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Deactivate and activate console as primary after not being able to play games in secondary profiles. Now is ok, but, Way to see depleted changes per year?

When you set it as home Xbox this message appears

[​IMG]
  3. Oaransan Win User

Deactivate and activate console as primary after not being able to play games in secondary profiles. Now is ok, but, Way to see depleted changes per year?

Hi ! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Its ok if you did a factory reset that the console was not your home Xbox anymore and actually during the process was a message announcing that exactly that would happen, and when you made it the home Xbox again, another message appeared giving you the information about how many changes you had left
    Hi there. Thank you for your answers. At no time have I got an option to set the console as my main xbox or have it warned me how many changes I have left. Do I understand that this means that I have not actually exhausted any? My XBOX right now is with the My Xbox Main box active and everything seems to work correctly.
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Oaransan! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Its ok if you did a factory reset that the console was not your home Xbox anymore and actually during the process was a message announcing that exactly that would happen, and when you made it the home Xbox again, another message appeared giving you the information about how many changes you had left
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Should be like that if you are already sharing games, confirm with this steps

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Personalization, and then select My home Xbox.

Do either of the following to change the status of your Xbox:

To make this your home Xbox, select Make this my home Xbox.

To remove this console as your home Xbox, select Make this my home Xbox and then Remove this as my home Xbox.
  6. Oaransan Win User

When you set it as home Xbox this message appears

[​IMG]
    Thanks for your help and sorry for my ignorance, but I can't find that option. Do you have to activate the xbox as home? Where is that option in Series X? Many thanks.
Thema:

1. Deactivate and activate console as primary after not being able to play games in secondary... - Similar Threads - Deactivate activate console

2. Trying too reset my password but the email on my account is deactivated

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying too reset my password but the email on my account is deactivated: I am trying too sign into an account that i have not signed in for around 2 years so therefore I forgot the password the issue is I don't know how too reset my password as i cannot get the key...
  3. Can Xbox give me my deactivated hacked account games back?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can Xbox give me my deactivated hacked account games back?: I have a deactivated and hacked account. I was wondering if Xbox can give me new copies of the games I lost on a new account. 7998f15f-1164-44df-8ae7-7c9f246f571e
  4. * Help * Hotmail account deactived, was linked to my Xbox Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    * Help * Hotmail account deactived, was linked to my Xbox Account: Hi, My Xbox account was linked to an old Hotmail account I had, due to inactivity it has now been deleted. I am now unable to sign into Xbox with it. Is there any way of me retrieving the Xbox...
  5. How to deactivate Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to deactivate Xbox live: How to deactivate Xbox live 932c2431-e1a7-4260-bd6e-54c5c24b8c8b
  6. how to deactivate game pass on riot account that is banned?

in XBoX on Windows
    how to deactivate game pass on riot account that is banned?: Hey so i recently started playing Lol again and i saw that someone logged into my account while i wasn't using it and got me banned you can see it on the match history. (ijittqerr8888 username on...
  7. Recovering Deactivated Minecraft Account (I WAS NEVER INFORMED!)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recovering Deactivated Minecraft Account (I WAS NEVER INFORMED!): Hello, I am very upset to find out today that my Minecraft account is permanently deactivated. I was never informed via email that this would happen, so I feel that it is extremely unfair that I...
  8. How do I unlink a very old deactivated EA account from my xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I unlink a very old deactivated EA account from my xbox account?: I am trying to link my Xbox account to my current EA account so I can use ea play through game pass. However everytime I try to link it via EA it says my account is already linked to an email that...
  9. How do I recover an active gamertag when the email has be deactivated?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I recover an active gamertag when the email has be deactivated?: I created an account with an email that didn’t belong to me. I got that resolved and switched it to one of my personal emails. I currently had my Xbox damaged due to lightning, but I’m trying to...
  10. can they deactivate “astrostar”

in XBoX Accessibility
    can they deactivate “astrostar”: the name “astrostar” belongs to an account with 0 gamerscore that owns no games and has a default xbox 360 profile picture. i was wondering if it would be deactivated or have it’s gamertag changed...