Dchp error

Discus and support Dchp error in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; And there's no involvement with IPv6 in this picture? Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jclifford101, Jan 3, 2014.

1. taidara
    taidara Guest

Dchp error

And there's no involvement with IPv6 in this picture?

taidara, Apr 27, 2014
  2. jmcode
    jmcode Guest
    IPv6 is fully supported by my ISP in my area but disabled on my router (which does support dual stack, though I haven't tried it yet).

jmcode, Apr 27, 2014
  3. Baybutt
    Baybutt Guest
    I doubt it would work but id be curious to see if changing your networks IP scheme would have an effect

Baybutt, Apr 27, 2014
  4. Baybutt
    Baybutt Guest

Dchp error

Also ipv6 sounds like it could work too but i cringe at the idea of converting all my static addresses to ipv6..

Baybutt, Apr 27, 2014
  5. taidara
    taidara Guest
    @GZA - But this do not occur when you're using wired solution, or the 2.4 Ghz range, correct?

taidara, Apr 27, 2014
  6. jmcode
    jmcode Guest
    It (cannot connect to DHCP server) happens on 2.4Ghz also--just did tonight. Not sure I've seen the problem on wired though. Just to be clear, unlike some folks, I can ultimately get up and going (though not on 5.8Ghz lately); but something is definitely
    wrong here that is, I believe, what is causing others problems. There is no reason that the Xbox One should give a DHCP error at all in my setup (which includes many other devices connecting without issue) and certainly not when configuring the IP and network
    settings manually on the Xbox One itself...

jmcode, Apr 28, 2014
  7. taidara
    taidara Guest
    If you would navigate your way in to 'Alternate MAC address', is this option empty?

taidara, Apr 28, 2014
  8. Baybutt
    Baybutt Guest

Dchp error

So tonight i was discussing this issue in a lobby for BF4 and a guy was telling me that he found a fix for this. He said you have to clear the cache for the system and then afterwards it would connect with no issues. His friend also confirmed this. He said
    there is a button you push when hi-lighting the disk usage that clear the hd cache. Or something like that. I have not looked for the option myself but it sounded worth a try

Baybutt, Apr 28, 2014
  9. jmcode
    jmcode Guest
    @taidara, yes it's empty. I've never assigned an alternate MAC and have cleared it for good measure in the past and also because it is a convenient way to restart the Xbox One.

jmcode, Apr 29, 2014
  10. taidara
    taidara Guest
    @GZA - It would be interesting to know if you can reproduce this with a wired solution.

How long have you had this problem?

taidara, Apr 30, 2014
  11. jmcode
    jmcode Guest
    @taidara - It has intermittently reported a spurious "cannot connect to DHCP server" error when connecting wirelessly using DHCP since I got it at launch. Actually, it did it also when wired to my 5.8ghz wireless bridge (WDS). It will eventually work
    after a few tries or a reboot then work fine for a while. 5.8Ghz is especially problematic it seems.

Until recently, I had never tried assigning a static IP, so I'm not sure when that problem started but can't understand why it would ever contact DHCP when setting a static IP. Several other folks have reported problems assigning static IPs in this forum
    and various other networking weirdness (beyond just NAT issues, which are generally user error/improper configuration). I believe there is a software problem behind most of these issues and that it is something go do with the way network settings are stored,
    retrieved, and applied, especially when switching between wired/2.4/5.8 and DHCP/static (manual). It is almost like new settings don't always take for some reason--e.g. it still tries to use DHCP even after setting a static IP, gets "stuck" with bad or old
    settings that results in DHCP failure, etc.

jmcode, May 5, 2014
  12. DaftAtom
    DaftAtom Guest
    So this dhcp error has been happening to me from the start, when i power cycle the console and unplug the plug of my modem/router for 5 mins (just as it says on the networking issues page) it works 90% of the time. But this is not a fix as i have to go through
    the steps on the trouble-shooting page every-time i turn it back on.

IT friend of mine just told me to use a static IP and that should fix the problem, but from some of the other posts on this thread it still doesn't seem to work?

DaftAtom, May 17, 2014
  13. jmcode
    jmcode Guest

Dchp error

You can try it, but in my experience and others assigning a static IP on the Xbox One is itself buggy. A lot of the time it just won't save or hold the static IP. I hope MS is taking the many reports of network issues like these seriously.

jmcode, May 17, 2014
  14. DaftAtom
    DaftAtom Guest
    Last night i kept getting the DHCP error and it wouldn't connect, i turn it off for about an hour, turn it back on and it works, was connecting without the DHCP error the whole night. This morning when i got up (8:53 am here) i got the error again but when
    i clicked on "check again" it said everything is good and connected without me having to disconnect my modem or anything.

This i getting annoying hopefully they are listening and provide a fix BEFORE Destiny or halo comes out.

DaftAtom, Oct 31, 2018
  15. SomtooAkaigwe Win User

My xbox cant connect to the DCHP server

yeah it sees it and connects to it but it gives me a dchp server error message
  16. jmcode Win User

Dchp error

You can try it, but in my experience and others assigning a static IP on the Xbox One is itself buggy. A lot of the time it just won't save or hold the static IP. I hope MS is taking the many reports of network issues like these seriously.
  17. taidara Win User

Dchp error

@GZA - But this do not occur when you're using wired solution, or the 2.4 Ghz range, correct?
  18. jmcode Win User

Dchp error

taidara, yes. I use DHCP reservation for the Xbox One, and the problem persists. Generally, but not always on the first try or without restart, the Xbox One can get a DHCP IP when wired or wireless 2.4Ghz. It worked for a long time on wireless 5.8Ghz (my
    preference), but now it consistently reports "Can't connect to DHCP server" and gives the same error even when manually assigning an IP in Advanced Settings (even though DHCP should not matter when manually assigning). There is definitely something weird
    going on in the Xbox One network settings.
  19. jmcode Win User

Dchp error

@taidara - It has intermittently reported a spurious "cannot connect to DHCP server" error when connecting wirelessly using DHCP since I got it at launch. Actually, it did it also when wired to my 5.8ghz wireless bridge (WDS). It will eventually work
    after a few tries or a reboot then work fine for a while. 5.8Ghz is especially problematic it seems.

Until recently, I had never tried assigning a static IP, so I'm not sure when that problem started but can't understand why it would ever contact DHCP when setting a static IP. Several other folks have reported problems assigning static IPs in this forum
    and various other networking weirdness (beyond just NAT issues, which are generally user error/improper configuration). I believe there is a software problem behind most of these issues and that it is something go do with the way network settings are stored,
    retrieved, and applied, especially when switching between wired/2.4/5.8 and DHCP/static (manual). It is almost like new settings don't always take for some reason--e.g. it still tries to use DHCP even after setting a static IP, gets "stuck" with bad or old
    settings that results in DHCP failure, etc.
Thema:

Dchp error

1. Dchp error - Similar Threads - Dchp error

2. "there was an error communicating with the server" - Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX on Consoles
    "there was an error communicating with the server" - Forza Horizon 5: For the past 10 months, I've been unable to play fh5 multiplayer (auction house works though but not horizon life or eliminator). I believe that it is because of my Teredo state which I cannot fix...
  3. error code 8015190A

in XBoX on Consoles
    error code 8015190A: Can not download profile to my 360....keep getting this error...send help d0d043d8-9d29-4a0c-a82c-067d671f5285
  4. Why cant I connect to DCHP server on Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why cant I connect to DCHP server on Xbox One?: My elite Xbox One console cant connect to the DCHP server. Ive tried multiple times to and still cant connect. I did a factory reset and still cant connect. Anyone have a solution?...
  5. Can’t connect to DCHP server

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t connect to DCHP server: Ive been trying to fix this issue for a few days now and nothing seems to work. I use wired connection from a TP link wifi range extender and I keep getting the same message on my Xbox saying that...
  6. : Dchp

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Dchp: : Dchp This is a local issue. Check your router as a first point. Try sticking a manual IP in on the same range and with same DNS servers (or use Googles). that will get you up and running in...
  7. Farmers Telecommunications Cooperative: Xbox gives DCHP error with ethernet cable

Farmers Telecommunications Cooperative: Xbox gives DCHP error with ethernet cable: Farmers Telecommunications Cooperative (ISPs): Xbox gives DCHP error with ethernet cable Hey there, Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with the console's network...
  8. Can't connect to your DCHP server

Can't connect to your DCHP server: Can't connect to your DCHP server I can't connect my wifi to my Xbox but it's fine for all other devices I've tried many times and it has been going on for 11 hours so far. It just keeps coming up...
  9. Dchp not working

Dchp not working: Dchp not working Can't connect to dchp something about my mac address being filtered 8cfc5b3f-217a-4187-8265-74211cf4f43c
  10. My xbox cant connect to the DCHP server

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox cant connect to the DCHP server: for the past 6 days it hasnt connected. Ive tried restarting my xbox and modem i tried to factory reset now im stuck in the setup process because it has to be connected to internet. ip:...