Day one edition controller coming apart at seams...

Discus and support Day one edition controller coming apart at seams... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Anyone else's day one controller coming apart at the seams? I placed a service request but they want me to send the defective one back on my own dime... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Fred420170, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Fred420170
    Fred420170 Guest

Anyone else's day one controller coming apart at the seams? I placed a service request but they want me to send the defective one back on my own dime before they send a new one... Why can't they be like Amazon and ship you a new one w/ a box/shipping label
    to send back the defective one, it's ridiculous... Other than that the console has been great Day one edition controller coming apart at seams... :)

:)

Fred420170, Jan 3, 2014
  2. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    Xbox One controller major issues

My day 1 controller broke apart at the seam. Other than that all is ok with it.

brandiesel1, Jan 3, 2014
  3. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    Xbox one controller not so solid!

My Day 1 controller literally came apart at the seam. They're not very good in regards to quality.

brandiesel1, Jan 3, 2014
  4. Pokeflex
    Pokeflex Guest

I actual have a problem with my left stick. Something inside of it definitely broke off and now jiggles around inside. Was unaware if there was a way to send this in to be fixed. Who did you contact?

Pokeflex, Jan 3, 2014
  5. SILKYJJ
    SILKYJJ Guest
    I have 3 day ones and a regular one in my house, none of them seem to be having any problems. I hope it stays that way.

SILKYJJ, Jan 3, 2014
  6. WillSmithVXR
    WillSmithVXR Guest
    Functionality

R U For Real....

WillSmithVXR, Jan 3, 2014
  7. VulcanVFX
    VulcanVFX Guest
    @functionality

All Xbox One accessories come with a 1 year warranty, contact microsoft to get a address and instruction on sending it in so they can send you a replacement.

VulcanVFX, Jan 3, 2014
  8. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest

My day 1 is also coming apart at the seam on the left side.

brandiesel1, Jan 3, 2014
  9. bemaniac360
    bemaniac360 Guest
    Mine on both sides are loose. I popped the sides off and stuck blutack in there lol now it's a little more solid.

bemaniac360, Jan 3, 2014
  10. The seam on the left side of 1 of mine sticks out on the top more than the bottom creating a rough edge. On my other controller, there's another rough edge near the center of the controller & the top of the left bumper. It makes me wonder if the alignment
    on some of the manufacturing machines might be misaligned & causing the defects you guys appear to have.

Galactic Geek, Jan 4, 2014
  11. Anyone but me somewhat envious of the guy with three Day Ones?

Karch V Amadeo, Jan 4, 2014
  12. JUICE 5150
    JUICE 5150 Guest
    Although not a "Day One" my controller makes a faint whirl/hum/whistle when it vibrates. Highly annoying.

JUICE 5150, Jan 4, 2014
  13. Rocka Midgey
    Rocka Midgey Guest

I had this same issue with my Day One Controller. I sent it back and got another one, the new one is a little bit better but still the left side seam is loose. Also the one they sent me back in replacement had a few small scratches. I might end up sending
    in the replacement again.

And yeh they made me pay for the shipping because they have a silly system where they won't pay to send in the accessory items.

Rocka Midgey, Oct 31, 2018
  14. Rocka Midgey Win User

I had this same issue with my Day One Controller. I sent it back and got another one, the new one is a little bit better but still the left side seam is loose. Also the one they sent me back in replacement had a few small scratches. I might end up sending
    in the replacement again.

And yeh they made me pay for the shipping because they have a silly system where they won't pay to send in the accessory items.
  15. brandiesel1 Win User

My day 1 is also coming apart at the seam on the left side.
  16. JUICE 5150 Win User

Although not a "Day One" my controller makes a faint whirl/hum/whistle when it vibrates. Highly annoying.
  17. WillSmithVXR Win User

Functionality

R U For Real....
  18. SILKYJJ Win User

I have 3 day ones and a regular one in my house, none of them seem to be having any problems. I hope it stays that way.
Thema:

1. Day one edition controller coming apart at seams... - Similar Threads - edition controller coming

2. Xbox Wireless Controller – 20th Anniversary Special Edition for Xbox Series X|S bricked...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller – 20th Anniversary Special Edition for Xbox Series X|S bricked...: I have a Xbox Wireless Controller – 20th Anniversary Special Edition for Xbox Series X|S. I'm using the controller on my PC with Windows 11.The controller was working fine via bluetooth. I...
  3. Does Xbox Wireless Controller – Stormcloud Vapor Special Edition connect to Nintendo Switch?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does Xbox Wireless Controller – Stormcloud Vapor Special Edition connect to Nintendo Switch?: I am curious does this controller connect to Nintendo switch by any chance? My kids would like to know. :) 5263b71b-121b-4c94-af30-5035986de98b
  4. Control Ultimate Edition Crashes

in XboX Insiders
    Control Ultimate Edition Crashes: I bought recently control ultimate edition for the Xbox Series X, when I play the game on performance mode I have zero problens so far... But when playing on grafics mode (ray tracing, etc...) the...
  5. How to edit an xbox controller's internal settings from my PC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to edit an xbox controller's internal settings from my PC?: When I play on Xbox, I can mute my controller microphone (Xbox one controller). If I go to another console, my controller remembers that it is muted. I can then unmute my controller from the...
  6. Analog Stick Replacements for Limited Edition Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Analog Stick Replacements for Limited Edition Controller: I recently acquired a Sea Of Thieves Xbox controller from a friend. The analog sticks are pretty torn up. Is there anywhere to purchase replacement ones that are exactly like what it came with?...
  7. Forza horizon 4 (xbox parental control) Edit: bought the game on steam!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Forza horizon 4 (xbox parental control) Edit: bought the game on steam!: Hi, so I have been getting issues with the Xbox parental control setting. I am 18 and I'm not in any family organization I did the Xbox privacy settings submitted restarted my pc and then it works...
  8. Mando elite en garantía N [Edit - Translation] - Elite control in guarantee N

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mando elite en garantía N [Edit - Translation] - Elite control in guarantee N: Hola tengo un mando elite en garantia que no funciona bien ,que debo hacer ? [Edit - Translation] - Hi, I have an elite remote in guarantee that it doesn't work well, what should I do?...
  9. Control de Xbox One [Edit - Translation] - Xbox One control

in XBoX on Consoles
    Control de Xbox One [Edit - Translation] - Xbox One control: Buen dia. Gente tengo una gran duda ya que mi control de xbox one simplemente no se se conecta a la consola. Ya lo he actualizado mediante un cable USB y de la nada el control solo se desconecta...
  10. Carregar Controle Xbox One [Edit - Translation] - Charge Xbox One Control

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Carregar Controle Xbox One [Edit - Translation] - Charge Xbox One Control: Meu Xbox one está em manutenção e gostaria de saber se posso usar um carregador de celular para carregar o controle [Edit - Translation] - My Xbox one is under maintenance and would like to...