day one console/controller warranty question

Discus and support day one console/controller warranty question in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So while ago my Xbox stop connecting to Wi-Fi I probably shot with support and they wanted me to send it in for repair additionally my controller would... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JollyPaper77193, Nov 10, 2014.

1. day one console/controller warranty question

So while ago my Xbox stop connecting to Wi-Fi I probably shot with support and they wanted me to send it in for repair additionally my controller would intermittently not charge.

Honestly I haven't sent it in yet because I haven't been playing that much but now that it's gaming season and there's of stuff I actually want to play it makes a difference

So my question is is if I submit a warranty claim the console and the controller Will I get a day one controller back?

:)

JollyPaper77193, Nov 10, 2014
  2. djmattsims
    djmattsims Guest
    Thoughts on new controller?

Really tempted to send my Day One controller back but I resent having to pay for postage. Plus I doubt I will get a day one controller in return..probs just be a standard.

I might wait til closer to the end of the warranty to make a claim. I assume the warranty for the controller runs for the same period as the console?

djmattsims, Nov 10, 2014
  3. Hordie
    Hordie Guest
    Xbox One controller analog sticks vertically loose

Hey Crixus! If you have the Day One Edition controller it's most likely not in warranty now, so you may need to purchase another if it's not working. See a link to the warranty below. You can also check myservice.xbox.com to see more options.

support.xbox.com/.../console-kinect-warranty

Hordie, Nov 10, 2014
  4. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest

Hey there JollyPaper77193!

First off, I'm sorry to hear about the Wi-Fi issue. As for the replacement, we attempt to replace the unit with the same type of device, but it varies based on availability of the the item in the service center. I would submit that warranty request soon
    by visiting the Online Service center page or by getting in contact with our chat or phone support agents through our
    Contact Us page. Hope that helps! day one console/controller warranty question :)

Mister Beep, Nov 11, 2014
  5. Mister Beep Win User

Hey there JollyPaper77193!

First off, I'm sorry to hear about the Wi-Fi issue. As for the replacement, we attempt to replace the unit with the same type of device, but it varies based on availability of the the item in the service center. I would submit that warranty request soon
    by visiting the Online Service center page or by getting in contact with our chat or phone support agents through our
    Contact Us page. Hope that helps! :)
  6. XBF Chris J Win User

xBox one-s, awaria przycisku RB - gwarancja (xBox one-S, RB button failure-Warranty)

Hello Tomasz,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. Xbox one standard controllers have 90 days of warranty. After that time has passed, you would have to buy a new one if you would like to replace your controller. The exceptions being the Design lab controllers
    (120 day warranty) and the elite controllers (1 year warranty). If you purchased "Microsoft complete" with your console then you may have the extended warranty that extends to the controllers as well.

Let us know if you have any further questions.
  7. onyxishere Win User

Xbox One Controller Replacement, Live Chat Support - Complaint.

Accessories such as controllers or headsets have always had a 90 day warranty. The console and sensor have a one year warranty
  8. {Parity} Win User

Controller warranty?

No the controller warranty is only for 90 days but the console is for one year. Happy Gaming!
  9. XBF Amber M Win User

Xbox controller

Hi BornaSh,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums with this question. In regard to the standard Xbox One controller that comes with your Xbox One X, it is covered by the standard accessory warranty of 90 days. The 1 year warranty is for the console itself should
    you have any issues.

Warranty and service

I hope this information helps out and please let us know if you have any further questions!
Thema:

1. day one console/controller warranty question - Similar Threads - console controller warranty

2. My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.: Not sure how much more descriptive I can be. And before you say to use the sync buttons, guess what? The one on my Xbox doesn't work, so that won't be a useful piece of advice. Already tried the...
  3. series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?: I been noticing when I turn on my xbox console the wireless card for the controllers takes a long time to initialize can anyone help me with this? I did try a factory reset but that didnt work...
  4. Xbox Console not picking up Controller Movement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Console not picking up Controller Movement: Controller is able to turn on and off the console. But unable to move anything in Xbox Home screen. Only able to play disc games as Xbox loads directly into game. I have tried numerous times to...
  5. Right joystick isn't working with any controllers or consoles.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Right joystick isn't working with any controllers or consoles.: The right joystick suddenly stopped working mid game on my Xbox One with all my controllers, three wireless and one wired. The system recognizes the joystick when testing and with the magnifier....
  6. Xbox One S Console Causes All Controllers To Not Work Properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Console Causes All Controllers To Not Work Properly: When you press the analogue sticks or Dpad on any controller it does the correct movement however it is then repeated in the opposite direction immediately after. I have tested multiple...
  7. Controller - console wont connect!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller - console wont connect!: Hello from a super noob! A friend recently lent me his xbox one original (the one that has the bluetooth thing on the bottom next to a usb slot) without the controller (he lost it, hasnt used for...
  8. My two Xbox One (Original) controllers won't connect to the Original Xbox One console anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My two Xbox One (Original) controllers won't connect to the Original Xbox One console anymore.: It's been 3 weeks since I played on my original Xbox One with two controllers. They connected fine before the issue happened. As for the issue, it happened the next day, I tried to play on the...
  9. Console controller combo warranty dates don’t match up and are treated separately.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console controller combo warranty dates don’t match up and are treated separately.: Warranty related question I purchased my series x console and the controller I have has been experiencing too down stick drift I made a request on the device with the console but saw it has...
  10. The warranty on my new Xbox Series X console and the included controller is incorrect and...

in XBoX on Windows
    The warranty on my new Xbox Series X console and the included controller is incorrect and...: Hi there It would be very helpful if someone from support could assist me. I purchased my new Xbox Series X console in August 2023. It is now October 2023 and the warranty for the controller...