Data transfer cable not in Xbox One S box

Discus and support Data transfer cable not in Xbox One S box in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Just got an Xbox One S for Xmas yesterday. There was no cable included in the box for me to transfer all my 360 content/DLC to my Xbox One S. I tried a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DavidLinge, Jan 5, 2019.

1. DavidLinge
    DavidLinge Guest

Just got an Xbox One S for Xmas yesterday. There was no cable included in the box for me to transfer all my 360 content/DLC to my Xbox One S. I tried a USB stick but that didn't work. I read on Xbox.com/support to enable Cloud, which will automatically upload
    all my 360 data to my new Xbox One S, but Cloud says I need a Gold membership to use this function. I just used the Xbox Live Gold membership I got for Xmas for my Xbox One S! Why was the cable not included with my console? There is a website "easyUS.com"
    that offers a free download of a program to transfer my 360 data to PC, then upload it to my Xbox One S. Is that site and downloads safe? I cannot afford to buy a Gold Membership as I am handicapped living in a care home and all my disability pension is taken
    from me to pay rent. I'm lucky I have such a wonderful child who bought me all my games etc, but she just spent $2000 on Xmas and she can't afford a Gold membership either. And even if I could afford a Gold membership, it would be no good as the optical drive
    in my Xbox 360 is broken and it will only read the 3 discs I downloaded into the HDD (Skyrim, MW2, and I think Borderlands). All other discs I get "Open Tray" error. So my question is twofold: Why didn't I get a transfer cable, and is Microsoft really that
    greedy they want me to buy a Gold membership to transfer the content which my daughter paid over $7000 for??? My original Xbox 360 RROD'd, and my daughter bought me an Elite model which came with a data transfer cable, why didn't the Xbox One come with one?
    I will be extremely angry if I cannot retrieve 9 years worth of gaming data....especially the almost 4000 hours I've put into Skyrim! Please help! Is there a hack or mod I can do (solder in a cable to my 360) to get my data? And please don't tell me "Google
    is my friend". All Google gave me after 3 hours of searching was the same answer (buy xbox live gold and use cloud) WHICH I CANNOT DO AS MY DISC DRIVE IS BROKEN! You have to load each game manually and transfer the save to cloud, but how can I do that when
    the 360 won't read discs? This sucks! Man, I'm handicapped, and the only fun I get out of life is gaming. I don't want to hear I just wasted 9 of the last few years of my life on games I won't live long enough to play again. The hard drive if fine though,
    so the missing data transfer cable would do the trick.

Also, why doesn't 1-800-4myxbox have a live person anymore? All I get is a recording saying go to www.xbox.com/support, but all that is is a stupid bot that does not understand my question!

:)

DavidLinge, Jan 5, 2019
  2. Smwutches Win User

Also you would need an external HDD to transfer games that are backwards compatible not a USB flash drive, those won't work. However most 360 games are fairly small downloads anyways so it may not be worth it.
    It's not possible to transfer anything from the 360 with an external hard drive either.
  3. Nixelplex Win User

Sorry for the frustration.

The only way to get the Save game data from your 360 to work on the Xbox one is to use the cloud save feature. You mentioned that you used your Gold on the Xbox one. As long as you used the same Profile the Gold will also work on your 360. Gold is
    tied to your account.

if you used a different Profile on the Xbox one then the saves wouldn't work anyways they are assigned to your Profile and can't be transferred to a different one.

Since your disk tray isn't working in your 360 is here a Link that tells you how to transfer those games without needing to open the game.

Xbox Cloud Storage Help

I hope you are able to get this resolved. 4000 hours in Skyrim is incredible and I would hate to see you lose all that information.
  4. skylaar Win User

I know this is not good news but only specific games will work for backwards compatibility and many games that have a "new" edition on Xbox One will not support their previous versions saved games. I believe Skyrim is one of those where the new version
    on Xbox One will not support the Xbox 360 save. Borderlands and MW2 make the list.

Check the backwards compatibility list below and you may want to check some forum posts to see which games would even work if you did get the transfer going.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility/available-games

The original intent of the transfer cable was to move games/content from one 360 to another 360 and was not included until later versions of the 360 where someone might be updating their 360 console to a similar model but larger storage or special edition.
    The cable was never meant to support a transfer from 360 to Xbox One.

When Xbox One was released, backwards compatibility did not exist so there was no need to transfer games. Xbox One also has the ability to use your network to transfer from one Xbox One to another Xbox One so the need for the cable is not there even when
    you move from one model to another for more storage or a special edition.
  5. Puppy Fujo Win User

The package does not include a transfer cable because it isnt possible to transfer content directly. Any games that are backwards compatible are part of your account and will be ready to download in My games and apps on Xbox One. Game saves must be saved
    to the cloud from your Xbox 360 console and once that is done you will be starting from where you left off when you play on Xbox One. Unfortunately you are correct in that you must have a Gold membership to upload to the cloud. You can purchase that online,
    the Xbox app or your Xbox One console.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

In answer to your questions.

You don't need a working Xbox 360 disc drive to save games to the cloud. You don't even need to launch your games to save them to the cloud either. All you need is an internet connection and an Xbox Live Gold subscription. If you already have a subscription
    for Gold for your Xbox One, this will also work on your old Xbox 360 to allow you to move your save games to the cloud.

Your save games can be copied to the cloud via the storage settings screens on the Xbox 360.

Unfortunately, your '4000 hours' of Skyrim can't be used on the Xbox One S. The Xbox One version of Skyrim is a different game and is not compatible with the Xbox 360 version. Unless Bethesda allow Microsoft to make the 360 version of Skyrim backwards
    compatible, you'll have to keep your old 360 console.
Thema:

1. Data transfer cable not in Xbox One S box - Similar Threads - Data transfer cable

2. How to transfer data from old Xbox one S to new Xbox one S

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to transfer data from old Xbox one S to new Xbox one S: I’ve got an Xbox One S that won’t stay on, keeps rebooting itself. So I bought a new one and would like to find out how my data can be transferred from the old to the new? It doesn’t stay on long...
  3. Xbox data won't transfer to pc when signing into xbox app.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox data won't transfer to pc when signing into xbox app.: I logged into my Xbox account on PC and downloaded Forza Horizon 5 threw the Xbox app. Now when it was finished downloading, I opened the game, and all my progress/cars did not pop up. It shows...
  4. Can't play GTA Online & Gamepass help after Xbox transfer (Account, Data & Games)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play GTA Online & Gamepass help after Xbox transfer (Account, Data & Games): As the title says, I need some help I recently transferred to a Xbox One X, the problem is I can't play GTA Online I used to be able to on my Xbox One, but now I get the "Your profile does not...
  5. Hogwarts legacy’s versions and data transfers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hogwarts legacy’s versions and data transfers: This has probably been asked before but. I own Hogwarts legacy Xbox one edition for my Xbox one. But I will soon be getting an Xbox series X and I know I can bring the Xbox one edition to series...
  6. Transfer Data from a account to other account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Transfer Data from a account to other account: No idea why but i have 2 microsoft accounts. It is possible to transfer the games (just FH4 ultimate Edition and save game dosnt mater) devices and shopping history to the other profile so i can...
  7. Transfer data to new xbox and external hard drive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer data to new xbox and external hard drive.: Hi ! I’m planning on buying a new Xbox series because I’m currently on the old Xbox One (gotta get ready for GTA 6 ;) ) and I was wondering if all my data would be transferred without any problems...
  8. xbox turns off during network data transfer

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox turns off during network data transfer: Hi Microsoft: 4 Questions: 1). Xbox turning off during data transfer: I am trying to transfer all info possible from my old Xbox one to new Xbox X. When doing so, it takes a long time. Each...
  9. How can i transfer my offline account data to my xbox live account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can i transfer my offline account data to my xbox live account?: So, it’s been a while that i have my offline account on my xbox 360, and today i just linked my xbox live account. The things is i dont have all of the achievements I had on the other account, so...
  10. Is there a way to transfer all Xbox data to another email, my microsoft account has been...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a way to transfer all Xbox data to another email, my microsoft account has been...: Today there have been hundreds of sign-in attempts made to my microsoft account, i changed password and added a 2-factor authentication but i would like to close the account and move all of my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is there a transfer cable for xboxs