Data transfer and Hard drive swap.

Discus and support Data transfer and Hard drive swap. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, Just wanted to try and get some advice how best to get all my data on one Xbox. I've just purchased a One and now want to combine all data... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sixstrings78, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Sixstrings78
    Sixstrings78 Guest

Hi all, Just wanted to try and get some advice how best to get all my data on one Xbox.

I've just purchased a One and now want to combine all data from my 2 360's. I've got an older model with a 250gb hdd and a newer one with a 120gb Hdd. Basically I want to put all my data on the 250 then put that in the newer 360. I have noticed in the past
    that it asks for the serial number when you format, if I just did a data transfer and swapped the Hdd would it work fine?

Any help appreciated.

:)

Sixstrings78, Jan 1, 2014
  2. Gbw73
    Gbw73 Guest
    Swapping hard drives

I have an Xbox 360s 250gb and have just bought a 360e 250gb. The idea is to give my son the 360e. Rather than transfer data can I just swap hard drives?

Gbw73, Jan 2, 2014
  3. How to transfer everything from the Halo console to the GOW3 Console?

The data transfer cable will not plug into the Halo hard drive. The transfer cable evidently cannot tranfer dater from a console with an internal hard drive to another console with an internal hard drive. I will have to transfer my data to an older external
    hard drive, then transfer it to the Gears console. I just hope I do not lose any data.

WILDMAN 69 XXX, Jan 2, 2014
  4. Medic62812
    Medic62812 Guest

never mind, i thought you were asking about transferring all the 360 data over to the One.

Medic62812, Jan 2, 2014
  5. Medic62812 Win User

never mind, i thought you were asking about transferring all the 360 data over to the One.
  6. Dirty Loco Win User

Trading Xboxes

If the 250gb console is one of the older design consoles, not the newer X360S, why not just swap the hard drives instead of the whole console?

As for the saved data, the transfer cable will NOT work for a couple of reasons:

• The transfer cable will only transfer from the smaller hard drive to the larger hard drive, not the reverse. You can not transfer data from a 250Gb HDD to a 60Gb HDD
    • Once you use the transfer cable, it may overwrite the data of the hard drive that the data is being written to.

What you could do is move the stuff from the 60Gb HDD onto a USB memory, then from the USB onto the 250Gb HDD (Remember to move the gamertag BEFORE the content). Then move the stuff from the 250Gb HDD onto the 60Gb HDD (again, gamertag
    first, then content).

If you end up swapping the entire console, you will both need to transfer the DRM content license. If you only swap hard drives, you may or may not need to transfer the DRM license. I'm not entirely sure, whether it will or not you will need to. You will
    need if none of your downloaded content will work http://support.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-live/troubleshoot/play-xbox-live-content
  7. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Content transfer

Something else to try is power the xbox off, remove the hard drive you're transferring the data from, connect the data transfer cable to the xbox and power on, once the xbox reaches the dashboard connect the hard drive you're transferring the data from to
    the data transfer cable.

-

If you are asked at all to configure the hard drive do not proceed any further, third party cables will wipe all the data and make the drives useless as xbox hard drives.
  8. WILDMAN 69 XXX Win User

How to transfer everything from the Halo console to the GOW3 Console?

The data transfer cable will not plug into the Halo hard drive. The transfer cable evidently cannot tranfer dater from a console with an internal hard drive to another console with an internal hard drive. I will have to transfer my data to an older external
    hard drive, then transfer it to the Gears console. I just hope I do not lose any data.
  9. Smwutches Win User

Data Transfer Cable

The transfer cable is only meant to transfer data from one Xbox hard drive to another. You would not be able to keep the 60gb connected and use the hard drive like that. The data would have to be transferred to another hard drive.
Thema:

1. Data transfer and Hard drive swap. - Similar Threads - Data transfer Hard

2. Transfer data to new xbox and external hard drive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer data to new xbox and external hard drive.: Hi ! I’m planning on buying a new Xbox series because I’m currently on the old Xbox One (gotta get ready for GTA 6 ;) ) and I was wondering if all my data would be transferred without any problems...
  3. Is there a way that I can transfer my hard drive data from my Xbox 360 slim hard drive to a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way that I can transfer my hard drive data from my Xbox 360 slim hard drive to a...: I have had my Xbox 360 slim for 5 years and I got the red ring on it when playing. I have recently come back to it and error code E69 showed up and did some research and cleaned out the entire...
  4. Installed windows on a new hard drive and Cant transfer my save data or change where...

in XBoX on Windows
    Installed windows on a new hard drive and Cant transfer my save data or change where...: I recently installed windows on my new SSD, and I am trying to change my default install location for my apps on gamepass to my D drive, but it keeps giving me error code 0x80070005. I've followed...
  5. [NEED QUICK ANWSER] Transfer data from X1 to Hard Drive while Black Screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    [NEED QUICK ANWSER] Transfer data from X1 to Hard Drive while Black Screen: I have a problem with my xbox since today's update: Stuck at Black Screen, after all solution failing, i founded a new one that i didn't want to use: Factory Reset... Sadly i think its the only...
  6. Can I transfer Xbox 360 data to Xbox One without hard drive?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I transfer Xbox 360 data to Xbox One without hard drive?: I used to play Xbox 360 a lot, but then the Xbox One came out and I decided to make a new account and forget about my old account on my Xbox 360 , I recently thought about my old account and all...
  7. transfer save game data to a external hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    transfer save game data to a external hard drive: I have Minecraft on the Xbox one with a updated world, however I'm trying to play the same game on the same profile but unable to sync data for the Minecraft on the new console for the updated...
  8. Can't transfer or copy game saved data from internal hard drive to external hard drive.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't transfer or copy game saved data from internal hard drive to external hard drive.: Hello everyone! I had to get an external hard drive because I ran out of space on my Xbox One (for some reason it only came with 365 GB of internal hard drive space). However, I transferred all...
  9. Is there any way that I can transfer save data to a USB hard drive without erasing every thing ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any way that I can transfer save data to a USB hard drive without erasing every thing ...: Is there any possible way to transfer 360 data onto a USB hard drive without erasing everything on that hard drive (I.e.: formatting)? I know that I have more than 32 GB of available space on the...
  10. How do I transfer Xbox Game Save data to an external Hard drive? CAN YOU ADDRESS THIS!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I transfer Xbox Game Save data to an external Hard drive? CAN YOU ADDRESS THIS!!: This issue is ONLY an issue with microsoft, Microsoft can you fix this issue,.. i know you want to promote "cloud" but for those of us who paid $100+ for an external,.. why is this an issue in...