Data/bandwidth use

Discus and support Data/bandwidth use in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, I live well outside the limits where high speed internet is offered (you can say 'in the sticks'), and have been forced to use mobile internet... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mikegotbusted, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Data/bandwidth use

Hi all, I live well outside the limits where high speed internet is offered (you can say 'in the sticks'), and have been forced to use mobile internet for my gaming needs for a couple of years now. I know that mobile internet is horrible and no one should
    use it but it is all that is available. The mobile internet ISP charges on a flex plan, and all those months playing (before xbox one) I've never hit a cap or payed an enormous bill. I've gamed countless hours on PC and Xbox 360 successfully through mobile
    internet with little to no lag or data use issues. Now that the Xbox one has come out my data bill has been outrageous and I have been playing substantially less then I have in the past. I was wondering if the Xbox One has some settings that can be turned
    off to prevent these large data spikes, or does a multiplayer game of Call Of Duty on xbox one actually use a much larger amount of data then it would on the 360?

:)

mikegotbusted, Jan 6, 2014
  2. US Revenge
    US Revenge Guest
    HDD Theory

so the xbox one would use up bandwidth without player knowledge? awesome just what people with capped internet want (MANY ISPs have data caps)

US Revenge, Jan 6, 2014
  3. Does anyone know the Data usage for Xbox live Gold?

In network settings you can check your usage as well as current bandwidth stats. Every gamer will be different and use more, or less data depending on their preferences. On average I use around 150-170 Gb of data every month on my XB1.

Hope this helps Data/bandwidth use :)

jimbocarter27, Jan 6, 2014
  4. BusGod
    BusGod Guest

Data/bandwidth use

The patches for the games have been considerably large . The COD patch was near 600megs.....

Unfortunately you will just have to disconnect from the internet so as not to patch games. As far as I am aware there is really no more data moving in an online game vs before. Its the OS updates and the patches that prolly put you over.

BusGod, Jan 6, 2014
  5. One way to reduce bandwidth usage when not using the console is to go into Settings/Power & Startup and switch Power Mode to "Energy Saving" instead of "Instant On."

This will put the console in a low power state and stop it from auto-updating the system and games. The only drawback is that you cannot turn the console on using voice commands and the system will take longer to boot. But at least you can choose when the
    system and games will update this way.

BlayneDuquette, Feb 25, 2014
  6. darkpit
    darkpit Guest
    Yea why is it using bandwidth when its offline?

darkpit, Dec 31, 2014
  7. @darkpit

It's because the console updates games and uploads gamesaves to the cloud when in Stanby mode, BLAYNERTFM explained how to disable this

FearedNightmare, Dec 31, 2014
  8. tonymazzotti
    tonymazzotti Guest

Data/bandwidth use

I've been killing my thumbs and hating Xbox until I found out that Comcast was limiting speed after the data cap is reached numerouse controlers and frustrating public service say good by to online gaming

tonymazzotti, Dec 8, 2015
  9. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    Bludgener

Can you not update your package to allow more capacity on your data cap? Typically it is very inexpensive to to that.

{Parity}, Dec 9, 2015
  10. Since this is thread is over a year old it's advised that you create a new post if you're having any issues so support can be focused on your particular issue.

FearedNightmare, Oct 31, 2018
  11. {Parity} Win User

Data/bandwidth use

Bludgener

Can you not update your package to allow more capacity on your data cap? Typically it is very inexpensive to to that.
  12. tonymazzotti Win User

Data/bandwidth use

I've been killing my thumbs and hating Xbox until I found out that Comcast was limiting speed after the data cap is reached numerouse controlers and frustrating public service say good by to online gaming
  13. FearedNightmare Win User

Data/bandwidth use

Since this is thread is over a year old it's advised that you create a new post if you're having any issues so support can be focused on your particular issue.
  14. BusGod Win User

Data/bandwidth use

The patches for the games have been considerably large . The COD patch was near 600megs.....

Unfortunately you will just have to disconnect from the internet so as not to patch games. As far as I am aware there is really no more data moving in an online game vs before. Its the OS updates and the patches that prolly put you over.
  15. darkpit Win User

Data/bandwidth use

Yea why is it using bandwidth when its offline?
Thema:

Data/bandwidth use

1. Data/bandwidth use - Similar Threads - Data bandwidth

2. Cloud saved game data storage full. Can’t play DLC’s

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cloud saved game data storage full. Can’t play DLC’s: I have the DLC’s for Left 4 dead purchased and have for a long time and they used to work. My cloud saved data now says that its full and when it prompts me to click when I’m trying to load Left 4...
  3. Syncing Save Data Gone

in XBoX on Consoles
    Syncing Save Data Gone: Stuck at 0% syncing on forza horizon 5 its happened twice now, all my progress is gone. I just had this happen with The Crew Motorfest last month, this is ridiculous its been happening since the...
  4. Problem with syncing data networking problem?

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with syncing data networking problem?: For every game where i have to sync data a pop up states that i have a problem with my network provider, but when i play a game like destiny which is all online therefore no reason to sync data i...
  5. How can I get my save data back?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I get my save data back?: I recently logged into my game and was given the option to use my local save from the day before or my cloud save from months ago. I wasn't sure what was happening so I clicked on the cloud...
  6. How do I transfer game save data from one Xbox profile to another Xbox profile?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I transfer game save data from one Xbox profile to another Xbox profile?: I made a new account because have been using my dads Microsoft account, and I can't figure out how to transfer my data. aa01aabb-9203-4ff0-a160-c0742a4fbc6b
  7. Data transfer xbox one x to xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Data transfer xbox one x to xbox series x: Do I need to fully set up new xbox series x with all my preferences and profile before i data transfer all data and games from xbox one x? 5cc4cc55-65f5-4ccd-8c0d-766423885727
  8. Beta ring update May 30th, 2024 major issue. Stuck on syncing data, network stats show 100%...

in XboX Insiders
    Beta ring update May 30th, 2024 major issue. Stuck on syncing data, network stats show 100%...: Pretty sure this is related to the network 'fix' in the update I received yesterday in the beta ring for something about network issues after appearing offline... Wired or wifi to same home...
  9. XBOXONE X RECEIVED 5044185.42TB OF BANDWIDTH DATA IN ONE MONTH

in XboX Networking Hardware
    XBOXONE X RECEIVED 5044185.42TB OF BANDWIDTH DATA IN ONE MONTH: XBOXONE X RECEIVED 5044185.42TB OF BANDWIDTH DATA IN ONE MONTH that screen shows estimated usage for that one xbox, mine the other day only showed KB even though i downloaded more, this is...
  10. High bandwidth usage; Xbox uploads lots of data

in XBoX on Consoles
    High bandwidth usage; Xbox uploads lots of data: My Xbox (early gen) uploads alot of data when VIEWING online steams. Whilst using Amazon Prime it uploads over 100mb an hour. YouTube is the same. I am not broadcasting streams, nor uploading...