Dashboarding

Discus and support Dashboarding in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; (I can't believe a problem is so widespread that its actually got its own name). Is it a hardware or software problem? I am getting sick of it now.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mrstupops, Jan 4, 2014.

1. mrstupops
    mrstupops Guest

Dashboarding

(I can't believe a problem is so widespread that its actually got its own name).

Is it a hardware or software problem?

I am getting sick of it now. Battlefield 4 aside I thought I would set up my team in FIFA. So I spent about an hour or so getting my transfers sorted in manager career mode, played my first match of the season and at the end it sent me back to the dash board
    in the middle of autosave. It also didn't auto save before kick off so all my previous hard work at the scouting table was lost. Its getting ridiculous. I was in Game earlier and a chap came in with some PS4 games to trade in, he was talking to the clerk and
    was raving about his console. I was gutted as I the only thing I was thinking as I was looking at the microscopic line up to choose from was 'I wonder if this game will be a night Mare as well'

If it carries on I fear I will have no choice but to ask for a refund as the thing does not work as advertised then buy a PS4 at least until things get fixed.

:)

mrstupops, Jan 4, 2014
  2. So this game is retroactive towards dashboarding.

Dashboarding is great man!

Keeps my K/D in COD high. Keeps my W/L in UNO high. Avoids the Quit ban in Halo:Reach.

Dashboarding FTW!

SpeedyBlueDude, Jan 4, 2014
  3. So this game is retroactive towards dashboarding.

Dashboarding will not fry your xbox in any way.rrod is caused by excessive heat warping the internal components in your machine not dashboarding.

THEOWENKILLER, Jan 4, 2014
  4. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest

Dashboarding

[quote user="Stupops"]I was in Game earlier and a chap came in with some PS4 games to trade in, he was talking to the clerk and was raving about his console. I was gutted as I the only thing I was thinking as I was looking at the microscopic line up to choose
    from was 'I wonder if this game will be a night Mare as well'

[/quote]

Sorry to hear you have trouble with "FIFA Ultimate Team".

You can go to the PS 4 if you think that would be better.

I don't really see it though.

Azrael008uk, Jan 4, 2014
  5. APEXASSASSlN
    APEXASSASSlN Guest
    I get the dashboarding aswell mainly happens with fifa 14. Iv had it twice on dead rising 3 but not much.

APEXASSASSlN, Jan 4, 2014
  6. The Fifa career bug can be cured by selecting a different player from the pre match arena. God knows why or how this works but it seems to have fixed it for many

Lout Of Order, Jan 4, 2014
  7. mrstupops
    mrstupops Guest
    How do I change the player? Do you mean the one where you have the mini challenges?

mrstupops, Jan 4, 2014
  8. Dashboarding

From the menu. go to the Practice tile

Navigate, with the RS, to Select Arena Player

Change the current player to a different one

-

That was posted on the EA forums I believe. This was also posted by ImDrunky over at XBUK - At the main menu click on the right bumper (Play) bottom right corner there should be a tile called 'Skill Games' go down to that and use your RS to select 'Arena
    Player'

-

Hope that gets you up and running!

Lout Of Order, Jan 4, 2014
  9. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest
    [quote user="Stupops"]

(I can't believe a problem is so widespread that its actually got its own name).

Is it a hardware or software problem?

I am getting sick of it now. Battlefield 4 aside I thought I would set up my team in FIFA. So I spent about an hour or so getting my transfers sorted in manager career mode, played my first match of the season and at the end it sent me back to the dash board
    in the middle of autosave. It also didn't auto save before kick off so all my previous hard work at the scouting table was lost. Its getting ridiculous. I was in Game earlier and a chap came in with some PS4 games to trade in, he was talking to the clerk and
    was raving about his console. I was gutted as I the only thing I was thinking as I was looking at the microscopic line up to choose from was 'I wonder if this game will be a night Mare as well'

If it carries on I fear I will have no choice but to ask for a refund as the thing does not work as advertised then buy a PS4 at least until things get fixed.

[/quote]

It certainly is a widespread problem the "dashboard" bug. I've had it happen on several games but Battlefield 4 is definitely the worst.

Have you tried the hard reboot? ... When the console is on, hold the power button in for about 5 seconds, you will hear the console make a beep and it will reset itself, apparently this clears the cache etc. People also advise to totally unplug the console
    for about 3 minutes after doing this.

I've actually spoke to Microsoft Support about the issue and they told me they are aware of the issue so hopefully there's a fix not too far off.

Lofty Who, Oct 31, 2018
  10. rum and monkey Win User

Dashboard

Same problem for me. What can I change on 2nd XBox to see all items?
  11. Mister Gwyther Win User

Dashboard

If your wife is a Secondary Account on the Family Plan, it is most likely limiting what Mature or Unrated content might be showing up on the dashboard.
  12. xF3ARxWRAITH Win User

The Dashboard

Ya idk why Microsoft is trying so hard to integrate xbox 360, windows, and zune to the metro garbage. If you have to pay for a service it better look nice and the xbox 360 dashboard doesn't.
  13. voteDC Win User

The Dashboard

[quote user="I Dashboard It"]The Dashboard wasn't invented so you can stare at it.[/quote]That's exactly what it was designed for. If the intention was that people would not look then they would not be advertising their own and other companies services so
    heavily on it.

If they didn't intend you to look then the dashboard would be purely functional, yet it is not. Otherwise we'd have something like the mini-dash available through the Guide button.
  14. puregaming1311 Win User

The Dashboard

I think that the dashboard has been designed to try to entice casual gamers to the xbox. Microsoft have brought all these apps to it and now we have got internet explorer on there. Its like Microsoft are saying this is an xbox, you can watch films on it,
    listen to music on it, use it to access the internet, watch catch up tv on it, oh and did we mention you can also play games on it. The game you have actually got in your xbox shows up as a small tile saying play ...... The XBOX is for playing games on, yes
    its fantastic that we can do all this other stuff on it and I do do all the other stuff on it. but gaming should be at the forefront. Gaming should stick out and the other things should be in the background, not the other way round.
Thema:

Dashboarding

1. Dashboarding - Similar Threads - Dashboarding

2. Ads and Useless Items on Xbox Dashboard

in XBoX on Windows
    Ads and Useless Items on Xbox Dashboard: Hi! I noticed the feature to customize the dash and remove all of the useless game pass news and micro-transaction links that take up 85% of what I’m looking at has been taken off the menu. So...
  3. Webcam I used previously for streaming to Twitch hasn't worked since the Dashboard was...

in XboX Insiders
    Webcam I used previously for streaming to Twitch hasn't worked since the Dashboard was...: I have already made a bug report within the xbox. It is really frustrating because the camera worked perfect before, for roughly 1 year with no issues. I tested the camera with my laptop and it...
  4. How does Xbox dashboard doesn’t let you show that it actually a windows system

in XBoX on Consoles
    How does Xbox dashboard doesn’t let you show that it actually a windows system: I know that xbox its just a modifided windows pc but how is not letting you out of the modifided komi app or something because i tried and I can exit it but why I can’t on Xbox...
  5. My xbox 360 console is stuck on the update screen i can't access my dashboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 console is stuck on the update screen i can't access my dashboard: my xbox 360 console is stuck on the system update stopped screen, i can't even access my dashboard and this started when i was updating it using a usb since i don't have a hard drive so i used a...
  6. More customization on dashboard and games

in XboX Insiders
    More customization on dashboard and games: Can we have a a picture / live wallpaper behind ar games tab and the menu with chat and all that instead of just color. The live wallpaper bit will be part of the app I said. it be cool if we can...
  7. Gen Scarlett Games crashing to dashboard Xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gen Scarlett Games crashing to dashboard Xbox series x: Every Game with Scarlett app model on Xbox X on the System Crashes to Dashboard every 40 minutes. There are stutters at times at both 4k and 1080p. Older app models have no issue. It seems to be...
  8. BRING MORE CUSTOMIZATION LIKE COLOR THEMES ON YOUR XBOX DASHBOARD. (This is an update...

in XboX Insiders
    BRING MORE CUSTOMIZATION LIKE COLOR THEMES ON YOUR XBOX DASHBOARD. (This is an update...: It would be fun to have a galaxy theme or picture theme on the Xbox dashboard. Some people get an Xbox to just message, since they really don't use the phone for messages sometimes. My idea is...
  9. How do I get youtube to work on my Xbox? Keeps blackscreening and crashing to dashboard. No...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get youtube to work on my Xbox? Keeps blackscreening and crashing to dashboard. No...: YouTube is not working on my Series S and there's no update or internet connection problem. It just black screens and crashes to dash. Can't access video settings....
  10. Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game

in XboX Insiders
    Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game: Hi all, Don't know if this is happening to anyone else or not, but touch controls don't seem to work when I'm streaming games from my console. The Xbox button works, the overlay works and I can...