Dashboarding

Discus and support Dashboarding in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; (I can't believe a problem is so widespread that its actually got its own name). Is it a hardware or software problem? I am getting sick of it now.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mrstupops, Jan 4, 2014.

1. mrstupops
    mrstupops Guest

Dashboarding

(I can't believe a problem is so widespread that its actually got its own name).

Is it a hardware or software problem?

I am getting sick of it now. Battlefield 4 aside I thought I would set up my team in FIFA. So I spent about an hour or so getting my transfers sorted in manager career mode, played my first match of the season and at the end it sent me back to the dash board
    in the middle of autosave. It also didn't auto save before kick off so all my previous hard work at the scouting table was lost. Its getting ridiculous. I was in Game earlier and a chap came in with some PS4 games to trade in, he was talking to the clerk and
    was raving about his console. I was gutted as I the only thing I was thinking as I was looking at the microscopic line up to choose from was 'I wonder if this game will be a night Mare as well'

If it carries on I fear I will have no choice but to ask for a refund as the thing does not work as advertised then buy a PS4 at least until things get fixed.

:)

mrstupops, Jan 4, 2014
  2. So this game is retroactive towards dashboarding.

Dashboarding is great man!

Keeps my K/D in COD high. Keeps my W/L in UNO high. Avoids the Quit ban in Halo:Reach.

Dashboarding FTW!

SpeedyBlueDude, Jan 4, 2014
  3. So this game is retroactive towards dashboarding.

Dashboarding will not fry your xbox in any way.rrod is caused by excessive heat warping the internal components in your machine not dashboarding.

THEOWENKILLER, Jan 4, 2014
  4. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest

Dashboarding

[quote user="Stupops"]I was in Game earlier and a chap came in with some PS4 games to trade in, he was talking to the clerk and was raving about his console. I was gutted as I the only thing I was thinking as I was looking at the microscopic line up to choose
    from was 'I wonder if this game will be a night Mare as well'

[/quote]

Sorry to hear you have trouble with "FIFA Ultimate Team".

You can go to the PS 4 if you think that would be better.

I don't really see it though.

Azrael008uk, Jan 4, 2014
  5. APEXASSASSlN
    APEXASSASSlN Guest
    I get the dashboarding aswell mainly happens with fifa 14. Iv had it twice on dead rising 3 but not much.

APEXASSASSlN, Jan 4, 2014
  6. The Fifa career bug can be cured by selecting a different player from the pre match arena. God knows why or how this works but it seems to have fixed it for many

Lout Of Order, Jan 4, 2014
  7. mrstupops
    mrstupops Guest
    How do I change the player? Do you mean the one where you have the mini challenges?

mrstupops, Jan 4, 2014
  8. Dashboarding

From the menu. go to the Practice tile

Navigate, with the RS, to Select Arena Player

Change the current player to a different one

-

That was posted on the EA forums I believe. This was also posted by ImDrunky over at XBUK - At the main menu click on the right bumper (Play) bottom right corner there should be a tile called 'Skill Games' go down to that and use your RS to select 'Arena
    Player'

-

Hope that gets you up and running!

Lout Of Order, Jan 4, 2014
  9. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest
    [quote user="Stupops"]

(I can't believe a problem is so widespread that its actually got its own name).

Is it a hardware or software problem?

I am getting sick of it now. Battlefield 4 aside I thought I would set up my team in FIFA. So I spent about an hour or so getting my transfers sorted in manager career mode, played my first match of the season and at the end it sent me back to the dash board
    in the middle of autosave. It also didn't auto save before kick off so all my previous hard work at the scouting table was lost. Its getting ridiculous. I was in Game earlier and a chap came in with some PS4 games to trade in, he was talking to the clerk and
    was raving about his console. I was gutted as I the only thing I was thinking as I was looking at the microscopic line up to choose from was 'I wonder if this game will be a night Mare as well'

If it carries on I fear I will have no choice but to ask for a refund as the thing does not work as advertised then buy a PS4 at least until things get fixed.

[/quote]

It certainly is a widespread problem the "dashboard" bug. I've had it happen on several games but Battlefield 4 is definitely the worst.

Have you tried the hard reboot? ... When the console is on, hold the power button in for about 5 seconds, you will hear the console make a beep and it will reset itself, apparently this clears the cache etc. People also advise to totally unplug the console
    for about 3 minutes after doing this.

I've actually spoke to Microsoft Support about the issue and they told me they are aware of the issue so hopefully there's a fix not too far off.

Lofty Who, Oct 31, 2018
  10. rum and monkey Win User

Dashboard

Same problem for me. What can I change on 2nd XBox to see all items?
  11. Mister Gwyther Win User

Dashboard

If your wife is a Secondary Account on the Family Plan, it is most likely limiting what Mature or Unrated content might be showing up on the dashboard.
  12. xF3ARxWRAITH Win User

The Dashboard

Ya idk why Microsoft is trying so hard to integrate xbox 360, windows, and zune to the metro garbage. If you have to pay for a service it better look nice and the xbox 360 dashboard doesn't.
  13. voteDC Win User

The Dashboard

[quote user="I Dashboard It"]The Dashboard wasn't invented so you can stare at it.[/quote]That's exactly what it was designed for. If the intention was that people would not look then they would not be advertising their own and other companies services so
    heavily on it.

If they didn't intend you to look then the dashboard would be purely functional, yet it is not. Otherwise we'd have something like the mini-dash available through the Guide button.
  14. puregaming1311 Win User

The Dashboard

I think that the dashboard has been designed to try to entice casual gamers to the xbox. Microsoft have brought all these apps to it and now we have got internet explorer on there. Its like Microsoft are saying this is an xbox, you can watch films on it,
    listen to music on it, use it to access the internet, watch catch up tv on it, oh and did we mention you can also play games on it. The game you have actually got in your xbox shows up as a small tile saying play ...... The XBOX is for playing games on, yes
    its fantastic that we can do all this other stuff on it and I do do all the other stuff on it. but gaming should be at the forefront. Gaming should stick out and the other things should be in the background, not the other way round.
Thema:

Dashboarding

1. Dashboarding - Similar Threads - Dashboarding

2. Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game

in XboX Insiders
    Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game: Hi all, Don't know if this is happening to anyone else or not, but touch controls don't seem to work when I'm streaming games from my console. The Xbox button works, the overlay works and I can...
  3. Xbox Series S: When I'm trying to start Minecraft the light blinks twice and show dashboard...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S: When I'm trying to start Minecraft the light blinks twice and show dashboard...: On a Xbox Series S which I purchased a year ago, when I try to start Minecraft it shows the red game splash screen but right after that the light blink twice and then it closes the game and it...
  4. Xbox 360 HDD preservation (Blades Dashboard)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 HDD preservation (Blades Dashboard): Hello, I have just received an old Xbox 360 with the original blades dashboard. The console is running a 20GB HDD, but it is showing its age. I’m looking to upgrade the drive but at the same time...
  5. Why does my Monitor go black on 120Hz when I press the B button to come out of the dashboard?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Monitor go black on 120Hz when I press the B button to come out of the dashboard?: Whenever I’m on a game such as Warzone and press the middle button, when I then come out of the Xbox menu, it goes black for about 3-4 seconds. It’s seriously annoying and I feel like I’ve tried...
  6. Microsoft Edge on xbox one console crashes and brings me back to the dashboard every time I...

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Edge on xbox one console crashes and brings me back to the dashboard every time I...: I was able to use the microphone on Microsoft edge on xbox one console from 2013 when the first xbox one console came out now on January 30th, I am unable to use the microphone on Microsoft Edge...
  7. Xbox Series X has no audio in game, but has audio on dashboard.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X has no audio in game, but has audio on dashboard.: After reading some other questions this seems to have been an issue back in 2022 and has yet been resolved. Has anyone had any luck with combating this issue? Games will have audio, till I exit...
  8. Xbox 360 Dashboard Downgrade Idea For Nostalgia Purposes

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox 360 Dashboard Downgrade Idea For Nostalgia Purposes: So I have an Idea where Microsoft could make it where we could go back & visit the older Xbox 360 dashboards like the Blades/NXE/Kinect Dashboard for nostalgia purposes they should try to make an...
  9. Xbox 360 dashboard errors when trying to play call of duty on Xbox series X/S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 dashboard errors when trying to play call of duty on Xbox series X/S: This is an issue Microsoft needs to fix. Here is a link to a forum that describes the problem in more detail. Very frustrating…...
  10. My xbox one loads to dashboard but non of my games or apps show up. Also settings won't load

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one loads to dashboard but non of my games or apps show up. Also settings won't load: I have had my xbox one for a while it was loading a couple of days ago. However the next time I tried to boot it up it loaded to the dashboard but showing no games or apps just the top icons and...