Dashboard sucks

Discus and support Dashboard sucks in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The XbOnes dashboard sucks! It’s boring and plain. And the series S,X have the same crappy ui basically. Why couldn’t you make a whole new ui for the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by WizardJungle, Oct 1, 2022.

1. WizardJungle
    WizardJungle Guest

Dashboard sucks

The XbOnes dashboard sucks! It’s boring and plain. And the series S,X have the same crappy ui basically. Why couldn’t you make a whole new ui for the new Xbox??? Instead of copy and paste! I liked the dashboard the one originally had when it launched! It was cool. Same with the 360 you guys have ruined its ui also. The best dashboard on the 360 was NXE! But you had to change it the crappy metro! Atleast give us customers (the people who keep you in business) a choice to choose whatever dashboard we want!! I will not buy the new Xbox simply because it has the same ui as the one!! For a “next gen console” (lmao yea right) I would expect to have a whole new dashboard, ui. Not just a copy and paste with little differences!! And stop showing us ads on the homescreen! The only good update you did for the Xbone was add backwards compatibility! Although I barely use it because I still play 360 alot! (I like original hardware) stop forcing your crappy updates that always ruin something! And let us choose which dashboard and ui we want !! You should have a list of all ui and dashboards you have ever made for the one and let us choose the one we like! I would go back to the original!

:)

WizardJungle, Oct 1, 2022
  2. ARMYxVETERAN Win User

Dashboard sucks

I hear and understand your frustration. I was excited when we were able to add things to our home that we wanted to see. I mostly had my kids' profiles on there so I could get a quick glance at what they were playing, any achievements they earned or any screenshots they took. It was a personal experience for me. Then Xbox yanked all that customization away just to shove gamepass all in my face. I've been playing on my PS5 ever since. I pay for Gamepass but I do not want it forced down my throat everywhere I look. I just want Avatars to actually be more prominent across the service. They are pushed to the back burner and pointless.

Many of us in the the Xbox insiders program have voiced our thoughts on the latest Dashboard change but it seems like our opinions fall upon deaf ears.
  3. Onslow Linski Win User

Dashboard sucks

I agree. It's slow and unresponsive. Games are never kept up to date. Remote features work when they want to. I don't game as often as I used to so it's great to turn on my PS4 Pro and be able to jump into any game. With my XBox One X, every game needed updated. GBs worth of updates so I would just turn the thing off. I just bought a Series X and find the the UI to be just as unresponsive as ever. It's a tad faster now but it's still as janky as it was on the One-X. Just now I wanted to jump into Witcher 3 to play the X/S-enhanced version. Of course the updates have not been applied. Looks like the auto-update feature will be just as useless on this new system too. So now I have to wait for the updates to download but first wait for some games to transfer over to the external drives since just a handful of games have filled the puny internal SSD up. Since it always defaults to internal for downloads rather than the larger externals I have it set to download too so I can move things over later when I want to as one piece, it wouldn't have mattered anyway if was going to grab the update or not. Just plain broken all the way around!

Series X/S needs a dedicated UI that works. Stop with the cutesy updated junk for the Twitch gamers and just make it and it's basic features work.
  4. Tezzerrific Win User

Dashboard sucks

The best dashboards ever were the original Xbox dash from the first Xbox and the blades dash from the 360 launch, everything since then has been trash.
  5. RediMorpheus Win User

New dashboard sucks!

What dashboard version are you hoping to change it back to? It has been this way for quite awhile now.
  6. Fast Chet Win User

New dashboard sucks!

I'm not a fan of the current dashboard either, but I am looking forward to the customizability of the upcoming one.
Thema:

Dashboard sucks

1. Dashboard sucks - Similar Threads - Dashboard sucks

2. Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game

in XboX Insiders
    Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game: Hi all, Don't know if this is happening to anyone else or not, but touch controls don't seem to work when I'm streaming games from my console. The Xbox button works, the overlay works and I can...
  3. Xbox Series S: When I'm trying to start Minecraft the light blinks twice and show dashboard...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S: When I'm trying to start Minecraft the light blinks twice and show dashboard...: On a Xbox Series S which I purchased a year ago, when I try to start Minecraft it shows the red game splash screen but right after that the light blink twice and then it closes the game and it...
  4. Xbox 360 HDD preservation (Blades Dashboard)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 HDD preservation (Blades Dashboard): Hello, I have just received an old Xbox 360 with the original blades dashboard. The console is running a 20GB HDD, but it is showing its age. I’m looking to upgrade the drive but at the same time...
  5. Why does my Monitor go black on 120Hz when I press the B button to come out of the dashboard?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Monitor go black on 120Hz when I press the B button to come out of the dashboard?: Whenever I’m on a game such as Warzone and press the middle button, when I then come out of the Xbox menu, it goes black for about 3-4 seconds. It’s seriously annoying and I feel like I’ve tried...
  6. Microsoft Edge on xbox one console crashes and brings me back to the dashboard every time I...

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Edge on xbox one console crashes and brings me back to the dashboard every time I...: I was able to use the microphone on Microsoft edge on xbox one console from 2013 when the first xbox one console came out now on January 30th, I am unable to use the microphone on Microsoft Edge...
  7. Xbox Series X has no audio in game, but has audio on dashboard.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X has no audio in game, but has audio on dashboard.: After reading some other questions this seems to have been an issue back in 2022 and has yet been resolved. Has anyone had any luck with combating this issue? Games will have audio, till I exit...
  8. Xbox 360 Dashboard Downgrade Idea For Nostalgia Purposes

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox 360 Dashboard Downgrade Idea For Nostalgia Purposes: So I have an Idea where Microsoft could make it where we could go back & visit the older Xbox 360 dashboards like the Blades/NXE/Kinect Dashboard for nostalgia purposes they should try to make an...
  9. Xbox 360 dashboard errors when trying to play call of duty on Xbox series X/S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 dashboard errors when trying to play call of duty on Xbox series X/S: This is an issue Microsoft needs to fix. Here is a link to a forum that describes the problem in more detail. Very frustrating…...
  10. new dashboard sucks ass fr ong fr fr fr fr fr y tf do i need 32 characters

in XboX Insiders
    new dashboard sucks ass fr ong fr fr fr fr fr y tf do i need 32 characters: aigh so with the last dashboard i had an amazing elden ring screenshot and now in looks like shit since the games are smaller and lower on the screen my fucking character is in the middle of it...