Dashboard sound effects on my Series S are acting weird

Discus and support Dashboard sound effects on my Series S are acting weird in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Today my Xbox has been acting weird, when I press the Xbox button on the controller to bring up the guide, instead of getting the normal sound effect I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by MemeMaster_12, Nov 4, 2021.

1. Dashboard sound effects on my Series S are acting weird

Today my Xbox has been acting weird, when I press the Xbox button on the controller to bring up the guide, instead of getting the normal sound effect I get 2 different sound effects at the same time. Today is the first time this has happened to me and I have restarted my Xbox like 4 times and I fully shut down my Xbox and turned it back on again to try and fix this but its still the same. There are other problems with the sound effects but its hard to explain.

Is there a way to fix this without having to restart my Xbox, and should I be worried about this?

:)

MemeMaster_12, Nov 4, 2021
  2. Hugeslam90 Win User

I have the same issue it’s driving me crazy ever sense I did the latest update.
  3. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I'll recommend you do a power cycle to clear the system cache

- Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

- Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 2 minutes.

- Plug the console power cable back in. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on and check if it's all good.

If that doesn't help, I'll suggest you try doing a factory reset keeping games and apps on your console. This will refresh the console and remove all potential bugs without deleting any game data.

- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

- Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

- Select Reset console.

- Choose Keep Games and Apps

Once that is done, you'll need to sign into the console using your Microsoft account credentials. If the issue is with your console, that should fix it.

Hope this helps.

Jesse.
  4. OpticRJames Win User

My Xbox Series S is acting weird

Hi, Lucas. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please do the steps below in sequence to do a factory reset and let me know if it works:

- Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.

- Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

- Wait 30 seconds.

- Plug the power cord back in.

- Press and hold the BIND button (the one you use to sync controllers) and the EJECT button, and then press the Xbox button on the console.

- Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.

- Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart.

Note: If you don't hear two power-up tones after 15 seconds, it means this failed. Likewise, if you hear any “power-down” chirps, that also means this failed.

- You can release the BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.

- The console should start and show the Troubleshooting screen

- Choose "reset this Xbox" and there you have an option to Keep Games and Apps (already downloaded) or to Remove Everything

Note If you have an Xbox Series S or Xbox One S All-Digital Edition, press and hold the Xbox button and the Pair button instead, as your console doesn’t have an Eject button.
  5. Lucas Trudeau Win User

My Xbox Series S is acting weird

Thank you so much, It finally works, Just had to leave it for a couple of hours completely unplugged, then do the syncing.
  6. Ragnarok5000 Win User

RAGE MOMENT: I am DONE.. DONE!!! WITH Advanced Warfare!!!

Ghosts to me was the worst in the series, graphics look like a early Xbox 360 game, sound effects sounded like it came from a PS2 game, stupid storyline, even worse multiplayer, and terrible voice acting.
Thema:

1. Dashboard sound effects on my Series S are acting weird - Similar Threads - Dashboard sound effects

2. No sound on XBOX X dashboard

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No sound on XBOX X dashboard: . I have in game sound but not on dashboard. I have tried system reset and still no sound. 733a320e-8f13-4bbb-9ccf-f5b7be3305d7
  3. Audio Bug (No sound for games only dashboard) fix!!

in XboX Insiders
    Audio Bug (No sound for games only dashboard) fix!!: There has been an ongoing Bug where either in-game audio or dashboard audio is not working (plays no sound). This is a Bug with HDR10, and disabling HDR10 in the settings will fix the sound issue....
  4. Sound issue on ingame,apps,dashboard

in XboX Insiders
    Sound issue on ingame,apps,dashboard: I am having issues on my series X. Been going on for a few weeks but doesn’t seem to be getting better. I use a turtle beach headset, before anyone asks the headset and controller are updated. I...
  5. Dashboard has no sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dashboard has no sound: After downloading Commandos 3, I lost sound on my dashboard. The in game sound works but not for game previews, movies or menu sound. I have a series X. 18f79af3-19f7-465a-b4b9-0d2846e66479
  6. Xbox series X has no in game sound but has sound on dashboard and everywhere else

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X has no in game sound but has sound on dashboard and everywhere else: Just like it says I have no sound in game but I have sound on dashboard and watching trailers. I also noticed while in game when I push the X on controller it doesnt make sound unless I am on the...
  7. Xbox Dashboard Menu Sound Toggle request

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Dashboard Menu Sound Toggle request: Why can we not turn off the menu sounds on the Xbox Dashboard? Makes no sense unless you're purposely trying to annoy your own customers. Every time I move the cursor with the controller it makes...
  8. No sound in apps. Flix, Walt or youtubes. Alpha Insider here. Wait nothing on the dashboard...

in XboX Insiders
    No sound in apps. Flix, Walt or youtubes. Alpha Insider here. Wait nothing on the dashboard...: Party's aren't working as well. submitted by /u/Nabu_Gamer [link] [comments]
  9. Sound effects on Xbox One dashboard: it is just me or it is a mess?

in XboX Insiders
    Sound effects on Xbox One dashboard: it is just me or it is a mess?: I just want to vent about this to discover if this is a particular issue or it happens with other ppl as well. I have reported this issue several times, but seems it never gets fixed. The sound...
  10. *XBOX DASHBOARD SOUND* BEEP*BEEP

in XBoX on Consoles
    *XBOX DASHBOARD SOUND* BEEP*BEEP: this is unbelievable why in the world is there no option to mute the sound output of the dashboard not only is it an obtrusive sound moving around the dashboard but it so annoying every single...