Dashboard display issue

Discus and support Dashboard display issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So when I turn on my console I can see the notification that I'm signed in and the power dropdown menu but the rest of the screen is completely black.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PaisleyCarton15, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Dashboard display issue

So when I turn on my console I can see the notification that I'm signed in and the power dropdown menu but the rest of the screen is completely black. I tried putting a disc in the drive and the game displays fine but I can't access any of my digital games
    or apps. Does anyone know a fix? I have already tried restarting the console multiple times.

:)

PaisleyCarton15, Dec 30, 2020
  2. foxior(2) Win User

Audio output problem

What you need to do is to change Display Discovery settings. This happens sometimes for no reason, it works and then it stops.

So from the dashboard, go to Settings -> System -> Console Settings -> Display -> Display Discovery

Then toggle the setting. If it's enabled, disable it or vice versa.

This should resolve your issue.
  3. MajorIris Win User

Zombie advertisement !!!

This is not a advertisement, this is a dashboard image for latest news, its not just you, everything displayed is displayed to everyone.
  4. ZedXwone Win User

Xbox On but not displaying dashboard

Please follow the steps below to perform a physical reset on the console:

- Turn off the console unplug all the cables then re-plug them back again.

- Click on the "Bind" and "Eject" buttons at the same time after 10 seconds click the home "X" button just once without letting go of the two buttons. Throughout the whole process you will hear two beep sounds and end up with a troubleshooting page. On your screen. You will need to select the "Reset this Xbox" option and choose "Reset and keep my games and apps".

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.
    I must be missing something...

Held both buttons for 10 seconds,then hit the home X button on the control pad nothing appears ... no trouble shooting page ... you didn't mean the X power button on the console did you ?

Some stupid update last night killed my dashboard making my Xbox useless.

Think I'll get an Amazon firetruck for apps and just game offline cos this update business if a pain in the farse.
  5. BIGJKILLAH23 Win User

Xbox On but not displaying dashboard

Thank you, solved the problem!
  6. Too High Homie Win User

Email Dashboard Display

I had the same issue, but found out how to fix it. If you go to your settings, then select "Account" and then "Sign-in, Security, & Passkey" there is an option to un-check the box by your email. This stops it from showing up on the dashboard. Now if only
    I could figure out how to do the same with my real name showing up (without having to change the display name for my whole MSFT account), I'd be golden! No luck yet though. Hope that helps!
    That was perfect, thank you.

And yes, option for the name would be nice also. I don't really mind if people can see the name, but for now I just changed it to something different. I just don't want the email out there, I get enough spam emails already.

Thank you for your help.
Thema:

Dashboard display issue

1. Dashboard display issue - Similar Threads - Dashboard display issue

2. Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game

in XboX Insiders
    Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game: Hi all, Don't know if this is happening to anyone else or not, but touch controls don't seem to work when I'm streaming games from my console. The Xbox button works, the overlay works and I can...
  3. Xbox Series S: When I'm trying to start Minecraft the light blinks twice and show dashboard...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S: When I'm trying to start Minecraft the light blinks twice and show dashboard...: On a Xbox Series S which I purchased a year ago, when I try to start Minecraft it shows the red game splash screen but right after that the light blink twice and then it closes the game and it...
  4. Xbox 360 HDD preservation (Blades Dashboard)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 HDD preservation (Blades Dashboard): Hello, I have just received an old Xbox 360 with the original blades dashboard. The console is running a 20GB HDD, but it is showing its age. I’m looking to upgrade the drive but at the same time...
  5. Why does my Xbox 360 dashboard display half of itself in the wrong language

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my Xbox 360 dashboard display half of itself in the wrong language: When I boot up my Xbox half of the dashboard is English and the other stuff is another language, does anyone have a fix for this? ff1d5b43-19b6-4c49-822c-9d43922c3eca
  6. Display on Xbox dashboard shrinking down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Display on Xbox dashboard shrinking down: Hi I have just seen my TV display on the Xbox dashboard shrinking down to a smaller screen. I think it was the 720p resolution. But I remember checking the resolution when it happened before this...
  7. Black levels washed out when setting dashboard display to 4K on Xbox series x

in XboX Insiders
    Black levels washed out when setting dashboard display to 4K on Xbox series x: It seems that the blacks and the image in general is washed out and the blacks level is out of space when I set the dashboard resolution at 4K. This also has an effect on games as well. If someone...
  8. Older dashboard on display with no update being offered for the new one.

in XboX Insiders
    Older dashboard on display with no update being offered for the new one.: Hey guys , I've recently unenrolled from the preview program as I'm changing my Xbox one today but I've noticed that upon installing the current update the dashboard has reverted to the old...
  9. Samsung HG40EA790MS: dashboard/settings/display: DVI+A ? What means..

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: dashboard/settings/display: DVI+A ? What means..: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: dashboard/settings/display: DVI+A ? What means.. Hello Primal, Thanks for coming to the forums with your questions. Not sure what the DVI+A mean. With the audio...
  10. Email Dashboard Display

in XBoX on Consoles
    Email Dashboard Display: Hello There. After the last update, your account email will display under your name (top left corner). Is there any way possible to disable/hide that email from showing up? When I'm live...