Dark Souls Not Patching for Purchased digital copy as well.

Discus and support Dark Souls Not Patching for Purchased digital copy as well. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I was having really bad issues with co-op earlier, thought my game files might be messed up so I decided to redownload the whole thing, patch and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Garrett Wixom, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Dark Souls Not Patching for Purchased digital copy as well.

So I was having really bad issues with co-op earlier, thought my game files might be messed up so I decided to redownload the whole thing, patch and all. Little did I know the fiasco going on with the GWG not patching (mind you I purchased mine several months
    back during ultimate game sale so I thought these issues didn't apply) or the server issues for the patches and multiplayer in general. Well now I can't patch my game and I can't play my file either because it is a patched save... what a day. Well I guess
    I won't be fighting Seathe anytime soon. *Sigh*

:)

Garrett Wixom, Jun 8, 2014
  2. Augistic
    Augistic Guest
    Dark Souls 1 Code

I purchased the Dark Souls 3 Deluxe Edition on 02/22 and I still have not received my code for the copy of Dark Souls 1 that was advertised.

Augistic, Jun 8, 2014
  3. Have not recieved dark souls pre order code.

Same boat. I have not received my copy of Dark Souls after Dark Souls 3 pre-order as well. It's been since February 20th. Chee1979

Chee1979-798CDF17-FDF8-48A9-A25B-834659D5DCC8, Jun 8, 2014
  4. Dark Souls Not Patching for Purchased digital copy as well.

supposedly according to the dark souls reddit. Besides the whole GwG thing people with normal copies i.e. disc and pre-dGwG copies were having multiplayer issues as well.

While the two issues may not be ntirely connected to each other it wouldn't be out of the question to say they are.

Sorry you redownloaded and ended up getting the GwG unpatched version. When you can play again make sure you bring plenty of curse resist. Dark Souls Not Patching for Purchased digital copy as well. :(

ROFLStompRogue, Jun 9, 2014
  5. BrutalKane
    BrutalKane Guest
    Definitly entirely related. I played Dark Souls for a good part of last weekend, and even summoned help for s&o, a few times. (It took a few tries). Everything was running smoothly until the GwG version went up. For the record, I am playing on disc.

BrutalKane, Jun 9, 2014
  6. I think that it is agreed then that the game is going through a rough patch and that the developers are working on a fix for all of these issues. All in all dark souls is going through some dark times... don't give up though I'm sure they will get this straightened
    out in the end!

DemonAlucard85, Jun 9, 2014
  7. cross posting something I found on NAMCO Bandai forum. Makes sense - obviously it doesn't take a week or more to make the 1.06 bits available for download, considering they were already there before DS1 went GwG.

06-04-2014, 12:17 PM #10

Tangylink

Tangylink is offline Junior Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE::: Today I got intouch with Xbox Support and after and hour and half of fighting them the guy I talked to "Talked to Management" and told me that a deal is made between the developer and Xbox and that this version of Dark Souls was an OFFLINE mode
    and has no plans of updating it to 1.06 and that I should let "From Software" know my discomfort.

So in my opinion BOTH Xbox and From Software played all of us looking forward to a fully functional Dark Souls and almost falsely advertised it, YES its FREE but with no intention to update it though is only really good for the SOLO players...

I have defended Games with Gold over and over. BUT to upload on purpose a Dark Souls OFFLINE mode (no updates) on purpose just shows carelessness about the fans of both XBOX and Dark Souls.

PLEASE PASS THIS ON.

Williama Kimo, Jun 10, 2014
  8. Dark Souls Not Patching for Purchased digital copy as well.

Thank you all for your input. Sometimes people just need to vent. Sure I rage AT Dark Souls sometimes but I love it so and was legitimately heartbroken that one of my favorite games was having so much trouble. Well the patch has gone up so I am actually
    able to access my file (thank heavens). MP still isn't working but just having this first issue solved has painted me more optimistic.

Garrett Wixom, Jun 11, 2014
  9. feel free to ignore all the raging jackholes, multiplayer is working but its just extremely buggy at the moment. Its easiest to try an summon someone and when you finally get a connection it gets easier an faster

DemonAlucard85, Jun 11, 2014
  10. Spent three hours trying to get summoning working with my brother... still can't see any summon stones on my character (but for some reason I can start a new character, bullrush into undead burg and I see summon stones right away, it's like this patching
    bullcrap has somehow *** my game save over). Veeeery frustrating.

Garrett Wixom, Jun 15, 2014
  11. i as well have the disk copy and am having summoning issues.and what really stinks is more than half the people that i know have downloaded the free version and have given up on the game.they cant summon anyone. dark souls is a tough game for a beginer and
    hopefully they do something, cause this to me is by far the best game they have released for free.but free or not its *** up on both ends.and they could be hooking alot of new players into the dark souls series,and hopefully it doesnt become an epic fail

ll Xerxes I ll, Nov 1, 2018
  12. Garrett Wixom Win User

Thank you all for your input. Sometimes people just need to vent. Sure I rage AT Dark Souls sometimes but I love it so and was legitimately heartbroken that one of my favorite games was having so much trouble. Well the patch has gone up so I am actually
    able to access my file (thank heavens). MP still isn't working but just having this first issue solved has painted me more optimistic.
  13. ROFLStompRogue Win User

supposedly according to the dark souls reddit. Besides the whole GwG thing people with normal copies i.e. disc and pre-dGwG copies were having multiplayer issues as well.

While the two issues may not be ntirely connected to each other it wouldn't be out of the question to say they are.

Sorry you redownloaded and ended up getting the GwG unpatched version. When you can play again make sure you bring plenty of curse resist. :(
  14. Garrett Wixom Win User

Spent three hours trying to get summoning working with my brother... still can't see any summon stones on my character (but for some reason I can start a new character, bullrush into undead burg and I see summon stones right away, it's like this patching
    bullcrap has somehow *** my game save over). Veeeery frustrating.
  15. DemonAlucard85 Win User

feel free to ignore all the raging jackholes, multiplayer is working but its just extremely buggy at the moment. Its easiest to try an summon someone and when you finally get a connection it gets easier an faster
  16. ll Xerxes I ll Win User

i as well have the disk copy and am having summoning issues.and what really stinks is more than half the people that i know have downloaded the free version and have given up on the game.they cant summon anyone. dark souls is a tough game for a beginer and
    hopefully they do something, cause this to me is by far the best game they have released for free.but free or not its *** up on both ends.and they could be hooking alot of new players into the dark souls series,and hopefully it doesnt become an epic fail
Thema:

1. Dark Souls Not Patching for Purchased digital copy as well. - Similar Threads - Dark Souls Patching

2. i requested a refund of dark souls 1 because it was not opening no matter what i tried and...

in XBoX on Windows
    i requested a refund of dark souls 1 because it was not opening no matter what i tried and...: i can provide proof of this if needed in video form aaef1a84-9f48-4c12-8cc2-a6bd6c150470
  3. Why can't I play with people on dark souls 3, payday 2 and monster hunter world

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play with people on dark souls 3, payday 2 and monster hunter world: Before my mother changed the wifi provider I could play with people on these games but ever since it has been changed I couldn't play with anyone and I don't know why...
  4. I've been banned on Xbox 360 love until july/12/9999, and now have a $41 Dark souls 2...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I've been banned on Xbox 360 love until july/12/9999, and now have a $41 Dark souls 2...: I've been banned on Xbox 360 love until july/12/9999, and now have a $41 Dark souls 2 content I can't download. cd880b85-0b0f-4d6c-8f29-c96c58620a86
  5. Why can't I install Dark souls 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I install Dark souls 360: I own the game and the dlc I played it a couple of years back and now I can't install it. Is it no longer available. 41c0acb3-6b99-4e95-b428-6fa8d0e6149c
  6. Dark Souls 3 - DLC Shared Xbox Issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dark Souls 3 - DLC Shared Xbox Issues: Me and my friend both use one xbox i have my own copy of dark souls 3 and she has a copy on hers. but i have both DLC but she doesnt. and now she cant play her own copy of the game without...
  7. My acheivements for dark souls remastered aren't appearing properly. So I've killed neto,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My acheivements for dark souls remastered aren't appearing properly. So I've killed neto,...: . So I've killed neto, done a few covenants and that sort of lark and they haven't popped up yet I done sif in and thag one did? 77f5801b-74a0-4d01-828a-bc69f651fa1d
  8. Dark souls 3 achievements

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dark souls 3 achievements: Dark souls 3 achievements for some reason 3 of my achievements didn’t unlock when I got them one was 5 days ago another one was like 2 and one happened today I’m tired of it and I wanna find a...
  9. Dark Souls 2 Achievements not unlocking

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dark Souls 2 Achievements not unlocking: I've already tried to get this achievement last year when I played, and it didn't unlock. Tried it again today on NG+ and it still didn't unlock. I'm connected to the internet, I restarted my Xbox...
  10. Can anyone help me I just accidentally reset my data from everywhere on dark souls III...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can anyone help me I just accidentally reset my data from everywhere on dark souls III...: Can anyone help me I just accidentally reset my data from everywhere on dark souls III anyone know if it's possible to revert asap 28040d8f-dcd9-417b-b19d-04dd8bff1dd9