Cyber bulling and continual reporting for 'inappropriate communication'

Discus and support Cyber bulling and continual reporting for 'inappropriate communication' in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A boy my son knows keeps reporting him for 'inappropriate communication' on Xbox as he knows it'll cause him a lot of grief. My son is at home all day... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by forestpony_1, Oct 16, 2020.

1. forestpony_1
    forestpony_1 Guest

A boy my son knows keeps reporting him for 'inappropriate communication' on Xbox as he knows it'll cause him a lot of grief. My son is at home all day due to a chronic illness and the Xbox is his only means of communication with his friends.

The boy reported him again today and my son has now received a temp 24hrs ban. Trouble is, he hasn't been online at all today as he's ill in bed! This boy is just using the 'self-policing community' approach by Microsoft as a way to bully him.

This is both upsetting and frustrating and I'm annoyed that there isn't an obvious way to stop this boy. I'd appreciate some help as I don't know what to do!

:)

forestpony_1, Oct 16, 2020
  2. ngocphi Win User

Set ontacts to friends only and dont accept random friend reqs
  3. forestpony_1 Win User

Thanks for replying!

As it is only a 24hr ban we cannot appeal. The issue is that this boy continues to do it in order to disrupt my son's gaming out of malice/spite. It has happened before for no reason and when my son isn't even on. How can we deal with that? There's no-one
    to report it to. When I have appealed in the past for 3 day bans, I have mentioned this boy's behaviour and his gamertag and have asked them to investigate. Nothing! I'm sick of having to appeal and for my son to 'promise not to do it again' (when he's done
    nothing!).

Is there nothing else we can do?
  4. dempup Win User

Hi there.

Thank you for reaching out to the forum. I am sorry to hear that you have been having issues with you account and that your son are experiencing harassment online. Here at this forum we are not able to do anything about bans and suspensions, neither can
    support, but you can view and submit a request for a case review of your ban here:

If you are having issues accessing the page, try clearing the browser cache or use Microsoft Edge browser.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Report and block the other boy via his profile in order for the enforcement team to investigate them and take the appropriate action.
  6. BriceMcMillan Win User

I was threatned by someone on Xbox live.

[quote user="B4RevenantGamer"]I know it's nice to talk to someone right on the spot but their current system get's the job done when it comes to harassing. If people are going out of their way to harass you, like I said, you can contact your local police
    and they can investigate. Cyber bullying is against the law and if somebody is doing that to you, they can get in a lot of trouble for it.[/quote]

Keep blocking, and keep reporting communications and do not respond. If it continues remember cyber bulling is a crime.
Thema:

1. Cyber bulling and continual reporting for 'inappropriate communication' - Similar Threads - Cyber bulling continual

2. How do i find the ip address of a gamer thats cyber bullying my son on xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i find the ip address of a gamer thats cyber bullying my son on xbox?: I know the persons gamertag and alias first name but i know the name is probably fake. How do i find the ip address so i can stop the bullying. 6c9866ea-842a-4f88-a809-9d60804c691a
  3. Why wont cyber punk 2077 load my save?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why wont cyber punk 2077 load my save?: I pre-order the game months ago I downloaded it yesterday and it will no longer load my saves. I checked the manage game and apps option and it says that DLC has been downloaded twice in the...
  4. Why wont cyber punk 2077 load my save?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why wont cyber punk 2077 load my save?: I pre-order the game months ago I downloaded it yesterday and it will no longer load my saves. I checked the manage game and apps option and it says that DLC has been downloaded twice in the...
  5. Cyber Bullies

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cyber Bullies: Cyber Bullies I have this grown up bullie that seems to be extremely strong behind his tv and bullie 11 year old. Seems that this cyber bullies are ok with x box (Microsoft) as there is no real...
  6. Cyber Bullies

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cyber Bullies: I have this grown up bullie that seems to be extremely strong behind his tv and bullie 11 year old. Seems that this cyber bullies are ok with x box (Microsoft) as there is no real platform to take...
  7. Cyber Stalking, Harassment, Impersonation, Deformation of character

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cyber Stalking, Harassment, Impersonation, Deformation of character: This has been going on for almost a year now. This person has been harassing me non-stop ever since I blocked him. He has 5 alternative accounts, and are constantly using them to impersonate me,...
  8. Cyber Bullying. have u been a victim

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cyber Bullying. have u been a victim: i recently have become a victim of cyber bullying by an admin on conan the xbox game i was playing the isle of siptah a admin repeatedly forced me out of a game for no reason at all then chose to...
  9. Cyber bullying

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cyber bullying: I have been a victim of cyber bullying for a month now and theses people I block and report with there main and many fake accounts and nothing has been done to stop it what should I do?...
  10. Cyber punk 2077 taking way too long to install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cyber punk 2077 taking way too long to install: I got cyberpunk 2077 today and started installing at 10am and now its 10 PM and it's only on 35% why is it taking so long to install? 42949e4f-56d6-493a-8c5b-6071324df7de