Customer support is terrible

Discus and support Customer support is terrible in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; the update completely ruined my Xbox. I called Xbox support spoke to somebody for an hour doing the troubleshooting steps going through them after they... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xxxxxR0CKYxxxxx, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Customer support is terrible

the update completely ruined my Xbox. I called Xbox support spoke to somebody for an hour doing the troubleshooting steps going through them after they took my phone number down in case we get disconnected which we did after an hour they never called back.
    I called back again got somebody else on the phone did the same stuff for an hour got disconnected they never called me back. Called back again got a supervisor on the phone gave her the exact error code and she said that it needed repaired that those steps
    would not work it's all due to the update that they sent and basically that I'm screwed.. I just put a brand new disk drive in this Xbox about two and a half months ago so I put my money and time into that and then another almost 3 hours on the phone today
    just for them to say they broke my Xbox and I'm screwed so basically Microsoft can pretty much and may as well have walked into my house and hit my Xbox with a sledgehammer and laughed on there way out. I am so Furious over this I will not buy another Microsoft
    product again. I do know the vice president of the company which I'm trying to get in touch with him. but just for any of you out there that ever experienced any of this update ruining your Xbox it can happen and if your Xbox is out of warranty you're screwed

:)

xxxxxR0CKYxxxxx, Oct 20, 2017
  2. TERRIBLE Customer Support

They are violating the sales of goods and distance selling regulations acts

Diggle-002BD856-2387-4B11-8FA4-7EAAB1A13E2A, Oct 20, 2017
  3. KingDerek212
    KingDerek212 Guest
    Terrible Customer Support

I have had an Xbox, Xbox 360, or Xbox one since i was 16 years old. I've spent thousands of dollars on consoles, controllers, games and Xbox live subscriptions. I've always supported Xbox and Microsoft, with both my voice and my wallet. Today, though, I
    canceled my Xbox live subscription and deleted my credit card information, and I will be getting a PS4 instead. I am doing this because the "Customer Support" from Microsoft is anything but supportive. Although I've been playing Xbox since I was a kid, I am
    an adult now and as such I don't have near as much time to play as I would like. Most of my playing time comes on the weekend these days. I woke up today and turned on my Xbox, ready to play some Destiny with my buddy. I went to send him a message and have
    him invite me to his game and party, when I realized, unfortunately, my account had received a 24 hour communications ban. I thought surely there must be a mistake, I will just call and see what the problem is and how to get it fixed. When I called the Xbox
    Support number, they were unable to tell me any information whatsoever about why I was temporarily banned. No information on what I had been banned for, no information on how to get the ban lifted or appealed, and no information on how to contact someone over
    the phone and talk to them about this issue. Very "Supportive" of them. After doing some research of my own, I went to the Enforcement website in hopes of finding a contact number or getting more information on my ban. Once i signed in, it turns out there's
    absolutely no information on their web page about why I was banned or for what, no contact number or way to contact them, and because my ban is "only" 24 hours, no way to even appeal it. I called back the Customer Support and after telling them the lengths
    I went through to get more information and to try and resolve this issue, I was told "To just wait it out and in 24 hours everything will be back to normal". Well, I don't accept that. I pay $10 every month for a service that I expect to be able to use when
    I want to use it. I am locked out of communicating with anyone at all, in any way whatsoever, over Xbox live, a service that I pay for. Not only that, there is absolutely no information or way to find out why, specifically, I am locked out, and no way for
    me to appeal or talk to someone who could help me. All this for someone who has been an avid Xbox and Microsoft supporter for almost 10 years, and I just spent $100 in games this month! So thanks, Xbox Customer Support and Microsoft, I appreciate the great
    customer service and communication that is now forcing me to go to GameStop and sell all my Xbox One stuff and buy a PS4 instead. It was a good run.

KingDerek212, Oct 20, 2017
  4. Puppy Fujo
    Puppy Fujo Guest

An update is not going to break your Xbox. If a part in your console failed then it failed. But its not the resilt of the update. You can buy a hard drive today and it can fail tomorrow. It happens. I'm not sure of the repair cost here but i assume it's
    less than buying a new console..

Puppy Fujo, Oct 17, 2018
  5. Boas BS5 Win User

Terrible customer support

To the Op wow that is a horrible experience, unfortunately everyone onm these forums console is fine so all you will get is the generic, i had mine since launch and it was fine thread. The problem is you having a genuine problem breaks the belief some hold
    that the XO is perfect.

I depsite having no problems personally feel your pain and hope you get it sorted quickly, unfortunately tho it seems MS support has pulled the old 'go to the forums' trickl when they know full well nobody on the forums can help you.
  6. Auswulf Win User

Wow humanity at its finest right here..
  7. Goatsnatcher Win User

I had a major problem with my PS3 which drove me to selling it, I also had to cancel my credit card at the same time.... That's a whole different topic though.
  8. WildChameleon Win User

A total nightmare by the sounds of it!

A lot of people have had problems regards the One just coming on here on a daily basis proves that. This gen was rushed to the market and that is where the exist.

records should be updated every time the customer rings into a service centre. If that's not happening then that is MS fault but a lot of company source their call centres out to different company's.

If you move to Sony, good luck with that! but gamers have had problems with PS4's too. All i can say is never ever had a problem with my PS3, but like many others this was not the case with the 360.
  9. RandyHerman133 Win User

Terrible Customer Support

Thema:

1. Customer support is terrible - Similar Threads - Customer support terrible

2. How do I get an actual xbox customer support?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get an actual xbox customer support?: I ran in some problem with my xbox game pass couple weeks ago and I am having serious issues with the customer support. The virtual agent always showing "I'm sorry, but I'm having a technical...
  3. Lots of problems with connection on my xbox one and with customer support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lots of problems with connection on my xbox one and with customer support: I've been having this problem since i bought my xbox one about a year ago, i can connect to my wifi but the connection automatically disconnects for 10 seconds every few minutes, Making the online...
  4. Refusing to Provide Customer Support

in XBoX on Windows
    Refusing to Provide Customer Support: I tried to contact Xbox regarding a technical issue where the controller won't pause DVDs. The system straight up refused to let me talk to anyone. "Phone calls and chats aren't available for...
  5. How can I buy a game as a gift without getting oops contact customer support on my screen ?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I buy a game as a gift without getting oops contact customer support on my screen ?: How can I buy a game as a gift without getting oops contact customer support on my screen ? 86c9d572-d774-4605-82a7-53cc2cd12410
  6. Lots of problems with connection on my xbox one and with customer support

in XBoX Accessibility
    Lots of problems with connection on my xbox one and with customer support: I've been having this problem since i bought my xbox one about a year ago, i can connect to my wifi but the connection automatically disconnects for 10 seconds every few minutes, Making the online...
  7. Xbox design labs - impossible to get any customer support

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox design labs - impossible to get any customer support: I’m honestly at the end of my tether with Microsoft/Xbox! I ordered a customised controller from XDL on the 15th of November, never received a confirmation email but the order was there on my...
  8. Does anyone else have an extremely hard time trying to get customer support from Xbox..

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Does anyone else have an extremely hard time trying to get customer support from Xbox..: Does anyone else have an extremely hard time trying to get customer support from Xbox. It’s like I’m trying to communicate with a brick wall when I try too. Not only that but I’ve reported this...
  9. Can I speak to customer support about having a password reset link sent to me directly?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I speak to customer support about having a password reset link sent to me directly?: Decided to break back into gaming because my old Xbox was fried due to an improper shutdown in the middle of a system update. Needless to say, I’ve lost everything. Though there is a silver...
  10. Why does Xbox Customer Support and the new strike system suck so hard lately?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Xbox Customer Support and the new strike system suck so hard lately?: Sorry if this thread comes off as me being a massive hot dog, but I'm fed up with xbox support, and the new ban system. Call me a 30 year old boomer for remembering game chats of the 360 days. I...