Customer Service was awful

Discus and support Customer Service was awful in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I had a billing issue when trying to cancel. I was still billed even though I cancelled. When in circles trying to figure out why with the support... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by lm1278, Jan 3, 2014.

1. lm1278
    lm1278 Guest

I had a billing issue when trying to cancel. I was still billed even though I cancelled. When in circles trying to figure out why with the support chat person "Ellen". Unable to explain in any kind of way why this happened just kept typing in circles.
    I decided it was not worth my $9.99 to even continue the frustrating chat. Then I receive this email:

Good day Lisa,

I would like you to know that sooner or later you will realized that I have explained to you everything the issue that you have.

Goodluck!

Thanks!
    Really? Not only is this poorly written,but it's basically just still saying you're wrong and I'm right. Nice customer service Xbox Live.

:)

lm1278, Jan 3, 2014
  2. Leedo21
    Leedo21 Guest
    Awful Customer Service!

I never post... but please re-post this! It is long, but essentially I contacted Microsoft customer service over $5! As I bought a game online last for $35, and this morning it is $30 and they would NOT re-credit my account the $5! Thanks Micro$oft! Friggin'
    B-S! (again, sorry about the length, it was an hour long chat with customer service that amounted to nothing)

Here is the chat transcript with customer service;

Edison: at 12:30:25

Hi there! Welcome to Xbox customer support and I am Edison. I will be assisting you with your concerns today. By the way, how are you doing?

Edison: at 12:30:30

Hi, Lee. Sorry for the long wait. We are experiencing a unforecasted high volume of chat sessions. We want to accomodate all your queries as much as possible. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Lee: at 12:30:46

Hi. I'm doing well thanks

Edison: at 12:31:02

By the way. I am currently reviewing your concern and it seems that you are having an issue with the Shadow of Mordor purchased, right?

Lee: at 12:31:26

Yesterday I purchased Shadow of Mordor on Xbox Live Store on sale for $35. Today on your website it shows a price of $30. Just wondering if a $5 credit is possible?

Edison: at 12:32:48

I see. Let me check on that for you, Lee. First, we will need to check on the actual transaction and then the details for the discounts, please stay with me.

Lee: at 12:32:57

Sure

Edison: at 12:37:49

Thank you so much for waiting, Lee.

Edison: at 12:38:43

Sorry to inform you, the discounted price Game is not transferable, the system will get an error if we process the already purchased game to get the discount since, it was purchased before the discounted price released dates.

Lee: at 12:39:46

Really, by one day (actually a few hours from the sale) and there is no way to just credit the account for the amount?

Edison: at 12:41:32

We understand that, Lee. Actually, I have tried to do that from my end and the system prompts an error. It means that the any purchases that was not settled after the discount release dates may not avail the discounted pricing.

Edison: at 12:41:40

As much as I do not want to tell you this, Lee, but I rather be honest than set wrong expectations.

Lee: at 12:43:19

I appreciate the effort... it just seems odd that there is no other way to credit a voucher or something like that. I understand it's only $5... but I mean I purchased last night at like 10pm.... and it got $5 cheaper this morning.... just seems odd there
    is nothing that can done

Edison: at 12:44:16

I apologized, Lee. But to be sure, let me double check again for you, I just really want to help, I am a customer too at the end of the day.

Lee: at 12:51:10

Ok

Edison: at 12:53:09

Thank you so much for waiting, Lee. I have double checked it from my end together with the assistance from our Billing support team and we're sorry, if the purchased was made before the launch dates for the Black friday deals, the system will get an error
    if we processed it.

Edison: at 12:56:21

Sorry, Lee. I cannot see you typing now. Just want to check our connection. I hope I didn’t lose you yet. Are we still connected?

Lee: at 12:57:21

yes sorry

Edison: at 12:57:32

It's okay, Lee.

Lee: at 12:57:34

just one second... I had a phone call come in

Edison: at 12:57:45

I see. Please take your time.

Lee: at 12:59:49

Sorry about that.

Edison: at 13:00:09

It's okay, Lee.

Edison: at 13:00:12

I'd love to ask. Will there be anything else that I can help you with?

Lee: at 13:02:10

I understand what you are saying about the Black Friday Sales... however I find it disheartening that there is no other solution to this problem. Especially if we factor in that I am a loyal Xbox Live subscriber for the last 7 or 8 years and I have made
    many online xbox purchases though this system. If there is nothing we can do, then that's that... but I feel it's pretty crazy that nothing can be done over a small amount like $5

Edison: at 13:04:48

Sorry, Lee. You know, If I can only override our system and convert your purchased to be included with the Black Friday discounts, I will do that immediately, since, I am also a customer and discounts really matters now a days.

Edison: at 13:06:43

However, if I will do that, I might lose my job. Hope you understand that we need to follow certain policies, Lee,

Lee: at 13:07:00

A credit is fine with me..... I am not looking for a refund, I would be happy with a credit to be used at a later date through the Xbox Store

Lee: at 13:09:21

If that is not possible I would like this conversation submitted to a manager and I would like to be contacted so that I may complain (not about your service, you've been forthcoming and nice) but the general policy for customer service.

Edison: at 13:11:07

I understand, Lee. Just a heads up, you might have the same response with my Manager, however, I will request this chat to be connected with him now.

Lee: at 13:11:18

Thank you

Lee: at 13:15:44

When can I expect to be in contact with the Manager?

Edison: at 13:17:28

Sorry for the delay, Lee. We're requesting it now, just need to wait for the approval from him.

(Manager) Steven: at 13:20:46

Hello Lee! This is Steven, Edison's manager, I see that you have purchased a game before the promotion period came up and is now wanting to get a discount, is this correct?

Lee: at 13:22:14

Yes, I purchased it on sale last night (it was showing as a black friday or pre black friday deal) for $35. Today I saw on the website that it is $30. So I was just wanted to know if I could receive a credit as it was only a few hours ago.

(Manager) Steven: at 13:25:59

I understand what you are telling me Lee, with regards to getting the credit for the promotion we are not able to get that done as promotions are based solely on the promotion window it is on. The price would stand as is and no refunds or credits can be
    given as it was purchased outside the promotion window though it was a few hours away.

Lee: at 13:28:17

wow.... ok. I feel that is a bit ridiculous. But there you go. Thank you for your time.

(Manager) Steven: at 13:29:16

Anything else for now Lee?

Lee: at 13:29:54

No, thanks.

(Manager) Steven: at 13:30:22

From all of us here at Xbox Support, we are truly grateful for your cooperation with us today. Thanks for contacting Xbox Customer Support Lee!

info: at 13:30:25

Chat session has been ended by the agent.

I can't believe that this is how Microsoft treats there customers! I would like this be shared as often as possible. I have been a great supporter of Xbox and Microsoft for many years, but this is ridiculous! If I purchase something at Best Buy and 30 DAYS
    LATER is goes on sale... I can go in, with no hassle and get my money back! I have done this on occasion and it is great. How can Microsoft not provide a similar service.

Thanks for reading,

- Lee

Leedo21, Jan 3, 2014
  3. Awful customer service

Hey ScruffyMcHagg1s,

We're incredibly sorry to hear that, especially since that's not fair to you at all. What exactly do you need help with? Would you mind being descriptive with your issue?

We would absolutely love to help you out and hopefully resolve your issue. Customer Service was awful :)

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider
    Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky HERE for the best info.

Miss Ghidorah, Jan 3, 2014
  4. Customer Service was awful

Try contacting Xbox Support through twitter, they usually help out a lot more than the phone support in my opinion. Check them out here:
    twitter.com/XboxSupport

Dr Black Bones, Jan 8, 2014
  5. [quote user="Dr Black Bones"] Try contacting Xbox Support through twitter, they usually help out a lot more than the phone support in my opinion. Check them out here:
    twitter.com/XboxSupport [/quote]

I also agree with this. +1

CAPTAIN BUMFISH, Jan 10, 2014
  6. n2knee
    n2knee Guest
    Just call your credit card company or financial institution that issued the card and tell them you are disputing the charge. I usually do this after my initial attempt to resolve the issue with the merchant does not work. Just explain to your bank/cc company
    the exact detail of the issue and they will do the work for you. It saves you time and stress.

n2knee, Oct 31, 2018
  7. CAPTAIN BUMFISH Win User

[quote user="Dr Black Bones"] Try contacting Xbox Support through twitter, they usually help out a lot more than the phone support in my opinion. Check them out here:
    twitter.com/XboxSupport [/quote]

I also agree with this. +1
  8. Miss Ghidorah Win User

Awful customer service

Hey ScruffyMcHagg1s,

We're incredibly sorry to hear that, especially since that's not fair to you at all. What exactly do you need help with? Would you mind being descriptive with your issue?

We would absolutely love to help you out and hopefully resolve your issue. :)

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider
    Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky HERE for the best info.
  9. n2knee Win User

Just call your credit card company or financial institution that issued the card and tell them you are disputing the charge. I usually do this after my initial attempt to resolve the issue with the merchant does not work. Just explain to your bank/cc company
    the exact detail of the issue and they will do the work for you. It saves you time and stress.
  10. Dr Black Bones Win User

Try contacting Xbox Support through twitter, they usually help out a lot more than the phone support in my opinion. Check them out here:
    twitter.com/XboxSupport
  11. JRobes Win User

Awful Customer Service!

I had a similar recent issue with them. I bought Sunset Overdrive less than a month ago for full price on MS Store, and called to have them credit me the difference back since it was $39.99 over thanksgiving break. Issues are as follows:

1. Every MS customer service person I've ever talked to are all from India, can hardly understand them sometimes.

2. I had to (on several occasions) correct the support person in MS's return/refund policy.

- they had no idea how pre-order refund/returns worked

- instead of just crediting my account the difference, they tried to make me send the physical copy I have back to the store to refund it, then make me buy a new copy for $39.99. (This seems ridiculous and unnecessary).

- they overlooked the fact that the return policy explicitly says that if MS store does not have the game in stock for replacement (which I apply to per the above sentence), they should credit me the full amount for the return in store credit.

Overall, just an awful customer service experience and something that could have been avoided with a simple price-match credit to my account.
Thema:

1. Customer Service was awful - Similar Threads - Customer Service was

2. Contact Customer Service

in XBoX on Windows
    Contact Customer Service: There was a charge of 69.99 on 5/2 and would like to know what it was for efda422e-ba27-4878-b700-093357540930
  3. I cannot contact Xbox Customer Service

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot contact Xbox Customer Service: Ive tried the virtual agent many times trying to conact somebody to assist with a damaged xbox controller. The callback feature hasnt worked once in the last week ive tried and there is no live...
  4. Customer service non existent

in XBoX on Consoles
    Customer service non existent: It's impossible to get through to anyone to speak about my Xbox headset that's in warranty and has broken after less than two months use, I've tried going through all of the automated channels and...
  5. Microsoft Customer Service complaint

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Customer Service complaint: On 18/11/23 i purchased my son a costumed made controller from xbox labs , this was for xmas , week and a bit later , it got dispatched , which Fedex lost it, i contacted Microsoft about this and...
  6. Xbox Phone customer service should actually answer phone

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Phone customer service should actually answer phone: I twice used summon a tech support call in one day to get help for a single question, which is still unanswered because both of the times when they called me, I was put on hold after typing in the...
  7. İ need to unlink my riot account and i cant find/contact any xbox/microsoft customer service

in XBoX Accessibility
    İ need to unlink my riot account and i cant find/contact any xbox/microsoft customer service: you will have to contact their customer support to unlink it as it is no longer linked with your Riot account and this appears to be an issue on their end. We cannot unlink it from this side as it...
  8. Game missing from Account | Customer Service agents keeps disconnecting the call

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game missing from Account | Customer Service agents keeps disconnecting the call: I am actually shocked that a trillion dollar company could be crooks and hire such intentionally incompetent people. I bought Kinect Sports Rivals in 2021 to ensure I have a game to play using the...
  9. I have a warranty but customer service has not helped much what do I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a warranty but customer service has not helped much what do I do?: So I have a warranty on my xbox controller and I have right stick drift, I have recalibrated, used a can of air, and even electronic spray. Plugged it in my xbox and deleted it and I have all...
  10. Did Microsoft get rid of all humans in customer service?!

in XBoX on Windows
    Did Microsoft get rid of all humans in customer service?!: Did Microsoft get rid of all humans in customer service?! Online chat option is gone. Phone numbers all go to a digital assistant who will not let you speak to a human. HOW DO I GET A HUMAN??!!!!!...