Customer Service Is Not Helpful - They Just Hang Up the Phone on You - No Accountability

Discus and support Customer Service Is Not Helpful - They Just Hang Up the Phone on You - No Accountability in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; How can we as a community hold Microsoft accountable to provide responsive and helpful customer service? Called tech support 3 separate times and each... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by KludgyLeader, Jul 28, 2022.

1. KludgyLeader
    KludgyLeader Guest

Customer Service Is Not Helpful - They Just Hang Up the Phone on You - No Accountability

How can we as a community hold Microsoft accountable to provide responsive and helpful customer service?

Called tech support 3 separate times and each time tech support disconnected on me. Then I was told I was limited to 3 calls. The third time the tech support person, Crystal, was just rude and provided poor customer service. She pretended to have a poor connection just to get off the phone. When I reminded her that she was a poor actor and the phone call was being recorded. I would be complaining to her manager, suddenly she had great reception...Then a couple minutes later she hang up on me anyway on purpose. Then the system told me I had run out of phone calls.

:)

KludgyLeader, Jul 28, 2022
  2. KludgyLeader Win User

It is not the disc. It worked on my neighbors series x.

Key difference is on his xbox series X, he has the option to download the software from the xbox store and then play from the disc. "Buy or Install". On my xbox store i just have the option to "buy." See screenshots. My Xbox claims to have the latest updated OS also.

I shouldn't have to buy a game I already own on disc just to play it (money grab). Microsoft tech support is now like EA Sports....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

That would be great, if the issue persists on your neighbor console.

To be honest, for me is more an issue related with the disc

This is the first time that I saw someone not able to play Dead or Alive 3 disc
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks for the update, I can advise you some things to try on your console:

1. Try cleaning persistent storage on your Xbox Console:
    Go to Settings > devices & connections > Blu-ray > Persistent storage > clean persistent storage
    Then restart your console and give it a new try

2. Perform an offline update for your console. In that way Xbox system will be reinstalled from scratch. (Your data will remain)

For this you need a USB and PC to format it and transfer files provided in the link below (with steps):

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Do you have another Original Xbox game disc to test?

When you said cool boot, do you mean powrr cycling your console?
    1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.
    Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

After that, try to remove and re-add your profile on the console.

In case you need it, here's how to remove and re-add:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...

Also disconnect your router from power for about 3 minutes. Then connect it again an when everything is working, try again

When a game is backwards compatible, both digital and standard disc version are compatibles

Just to double check, is not any special edition or similar for this game, right?
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this KludgyLeader

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience on the phone, is understandable that you're upset about this.

If you're trying to get help, and if you don't mind.

Please tell me what's your issue to see if I can assist your or how to proceed

I'll be waiting for your reply, greetings from another Microsoft user
Thema:

1. Customer Service Is Not Helpful - They Just Hang Up the Phone on You - No Accountability - Similar Threads - Customer Service Helpful

2. I cannot contact Xbox Customer Service

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot contact Xbox Customer Service: Ive tried the virtual agent many times trying to conact somebody to assist with a damaged xbox controller. The callback feature hasnt worked once in the last week ive tried and there is no live...
  3. Customer service non existent

in XBoX on Consoles
    Customer service non existent: It's impossible to get through to anyone to speak about my Xbox headset that's in warranty and has broken after less than two months use, I've tried going through all of the automated channels and...
  4. Microsoft Customer Service complaint

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Customer Service complaint: On 18/11/23 i purchased my son a costumed made controller from xbox labs , this was for xmas , week and a bit later , it got dispatched , which Fedex lost it, i contacted Microsoft about this and...
  5. Xbox Phone customer service should actually answer phone

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Phone customer service should actually answer phone: I twice used summon a tech support call in one day to get help for a single question, which is still unanswered because both of the times when they called me, I was put on hold after typing in the...
  6. İ need to unlink my riot account and i cant find/contact any xbox/microsoft customer service

in XBoX Accessibility
    İ need to unlink my riot account and i cant find/contact any xbox/microsoft customer service: you will have to contact their customer support to unlink it as it is no longer linked with your Riot account and this appears to be an issue on their end. We cannot unlink it from this side as it...
  7. Game missing from Account | Customer Service agents keeps disconnecting the call

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game missing from Account | Customer Service agents keeps disconnecting the call: I am actually shocked that a trillion dollar company could be crooks and hire such intentionally incompetent people. I bought Kinect Sports Rivals in 2021 to ensure I have a game to play using the...
  8. I have a warranty but customer service has not helped much what do I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a warranty but customer service has not helped much what do I do?: So I have a warranty on my xbox controller and I have right stick drift, I have recalibrated, used a can of air, and even electronic spray. Plugged it in my xbox and deleted it and I have all...
  9. Weekly rewards points won't issue right amount .rewards Customer Service won't help

in XBoX on Windows
    Weekly rewards points won't issue right amount .rewards Customer Service won't help: Is anyone eles having an issue with your xbox weekly rewards not depositing your points ? I have tried to message the Microsoft rewards department and if I get a response. im told that my...
  10. Customer service and getting absolutely no help with fc24

in XBoX on Consoles
    Customer service and getting absolutely no help with fc24: Well done xbox your customer service is non existent can't even get someone human to call or get support from. Been disconnected from fc24 for over a week and had absolutely zero help from your...