Custom thumbstick response curves for elite 2 controller-xbox accessories app-windows

Discus and support Custom thumbstick response curves for elite 2 controller-xbox accessories app-windows in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Would like to have the ability to draw my own curves for the thumbsticks in the xbox accessories app, being able to drag a few control points across... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by smcginty27, Jul 5, 2022.

1. smcginty27
    smcginty27 Guest

Custom thumbstick response curves for elite 2 controller-xbox accessories app-windows

Would like to have the ability to draw my own curves for the thumbsticks in the xbox accessories app, being able to drag a few control points across the diagonal axis. My use case is sim racing, don't have space for racing wheel/pedals, and I'm being 'nit-picky' here, I use the tall thumbstick on the left of the elite 2 controller, and in the accessories app i have it set to delayed preset with the increase slider in the second/third position, its nearly perfect but i wish the start of the line in the X/Y diagram wasn't running directly towards the top right corner for a few millimetres, making the steering control of a car in-game to sensitive as you start to turn the steering wheel, hope that makes sense Custom thumbstick response curves for elite 2 controller-xbox accessories app-windows :eek:. Would love to see it implemented whenever the successor to the elite 2 is released in a few years. I know im being very fussy, hopefully this question isn't a waste of server drive space Custom thumbstick response curves for elite 2 controller-xbox accessories app-windows :D cheers

:)

smcginty27, Jul 5, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

How to Adjust, Calibrate or Tune the Joysticks on Xbox One Wireless Controllers for Windows?

Hi SamMedly! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Its possible to adjust the response curve on the joystick for Xbox Elite controller but not for regular Xbox controllers, this can be done on the accessories app from Xbox
  3. FulmetalChemist Win User

xbox elite series 2 thumbstick calculation feature, what does it mean?

Hi ,

Thanks for taking the time to ask this question here on the forums. Regarding the thumbsticks on the new Xbox Elite controller series 2, the calculations refer to actions that can be taken by the thumbsticks themselves, so it essentially the following (pardon
    for the loose translations):

• Radial - based on radius of full or half-circle movements made by the thumbstick,
    • Independent axis - based on the X or Y axis (up/down, L to R movement)
    • True Diagonals - would mean true 90deg diagonals based on the X/Y axis

For further information regarding any settings on this particular controller, I'd recommend checking out the following support articles that can detail what can be done more explicitly:

Get to know your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Adjust the thumbsticks on your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Use the Xbox Accessories app to customize your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2  

In general, it would be a good idea to test out different settings, just to see what works best for you and makes you more comfortable in gaming with the controller.

I hope that this information helps out!
    Oh okay , thank you very much for this response.
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Xbox one controller deadzone

Hi Mazamoose7! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

If you have an standard Xbox controller, you can't change the dead zone in the Xbox accessories app, this will have to be changed in the game settings, if the game has the options for it

If you have an elite controller, on the accessories app you can change the response curve of the sticks that will be kind of a deadzone setting
  5. XBF Amber M Win User

xbox elite series 2 thumbstick calculation feature, what does it mean?

Hi FulmetalChemist,

Thanks for taking the time to ask this question here on the forums. Regarding the thumbsticks on the new Xbox Elite controller series 2, the calculations refer to actions that can be taken by the thumbsticks themselves, so it essentially the following (pardon
    for the loose translations):

• Radial - based on radius of full or half-circle movements made by the thumbstick,
    • Independent axis - based on the X or Y axis (up/down, L to R movement)
    • True Diagonals - would mean true 90deg diagonals based on the X/Y axis

For further information regarding any settings on this particular controller, I'd recommend checking out the following support articles that can detail what can be done more explicitly:

Get to know your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Adjust the thumbsticks on your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Use the Xbox Accessories app to customize your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2  

In general, it would be a good idea to test out different settings, just to see what works best for you and makes you more comfortable in gaming with the controller.

I hope that this information helps out!
  6. PetryBosch Win User

Xbox Adaptive Controller Button Modular

Hi,

more info according joysticks and buttons for the adaptive controller can be found here https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/controllers/xbox-adaptive-controller

For programming the device you have to use the Xbox accessories app.

You can find it on your console or in the
    xbox store

in the app you can

• Assign up to 3 profiles to the controller

• Create and save up to 256 profiles in the app

• Remap all input ports

• Configure thumbstick sensitivity curves

• Change thumbstick calculation

• Configure Xbox button brightness

• Rename your controller

• Swap thumbstick X and Y axes

• Assign Shift button, and configure Shift inputs
Thema:

1. Custom thumbstick response curves for elite 2 controller-xbox accessories app-windows - Similar Threads - Custom thumbstick response

2. Why is customer friendliness so bad when it comes to warranty cases?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is customer friendliness so bad when it comes to warranty cases?: I have an Xbox Elite 2 controller, my first, expensive controller, and I've been happy with it so far. Now the bumpers are starting to be faulty, the fault is already known. The controller is...
  3. Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping: I can’t believe I’m even having this issue. It has taken me 1.5 years to get back an Elite Series 2 controller that I sent in for warranty repair along with its accessories. However, the...
  4. When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...: A little less than a year ago I purchased a custom Elite Controller Series 2 from Xbox Design Lab, complete with a custom engraving. When I contacted Xbox Support, the person on the phone ensured...
  5. I cannot contact Xbox Customer Service

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot contact Xbox Customer Service: Ive tried the virtual agent many times trying to conact somebody to assist with a damaged xbox controller. The callback feature hasnt worked once in the last week ive tried and there is no live...
  6. can microsoft repair custom controllers ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    can microsoft repair custom controllers ?: I have a custom controller thats a very sentimental gift form a passed loved one. i have used it pretty often but the grips fell off, the bumpers are loose, and the left thumb stick drags.If yall...
  7. Customer service non existent

in XBoX on Consoles
    Customer service non existent: It's impossible to get through to anyone to speak about my Xbox headset that's in warranty and has broken after less than two months use, I've tried going through all of the automated channels and...
  8. Get To Know Our Team: Andrew - Customer Experience Manager

in XboX Insiders
    Get To Know Our Team: Andrew - Customer Experience Manager: [IMG] submitted by /u/wynnXIP [link] [comments]
  9. Add other options to Xbox Controller lab than just "custom skins"

in XboX Insiders
    Add other options to Xbox Controller lab than just "custom skins": I noticed that your Xbox controller lab has one thing in common. Pretty much everything except the controller itself. I would like to see more deeper than skin Deep changes that are customizable....
  10. Elite controller does NOT have custom thumbstick sensitivity curves

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller does NOT have custom thumbstick sensitivity curves: As far as I can tell, the new elite controller does NOT allow for customization of the thumbstick sensitivity curves like the 2015 GamesCom video from Microsoft showed at 32m31s. I hope I am...