Custom controller replacement

Discus and support Custom controller replacement in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I have a controller I purchased via xbox design lab less than a year ago. It has just stopped working, no power at all, new batteries, cabled or... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ---CR, Nov 29, 2022.

1. ---CR
    ---CR Guest

Hi, I have a controller I purchased via xbox design lab less than a year ago.

It has just stopped working, no power at all, new batteries, cabled or not it's just dead... the controller is barely used and still looks pristine and just stopped working randomly.

The device is showing as still under warranty in my account but it states it can be replaced with a similar refurbished device, but obviously this is a custom controller so I'd want it repairing or replacing like for like.

Is this even covered or should I be looking to try and repair myself? (or maybe re-case a new one)

:)

---CR, Nov 29, 2022
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello ---CR,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today, and we hope that all is well.

If you had done all the troubleshooting steps. And was routed to get the controller replaced. It would be much better if you reach out to our live support as they have the necessary tools to further diagnose the issue and provide you with a timely resolution. Please follow the steps to contact support.

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the list.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you encounter same issue and have an error message please let us know so we can forward your findings to the Internal Support Team.
    We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  3. Hoskayra Win User

Custom Xbox Controller replacement

Hello GerryCarson, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems.

I am very sorry for the problem you are going through with the defective controller. For refund cases the only option is the form. Now if you want to contact Xbox support, you can do so here:

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us

Thank you for your patience, I hope everything can be resolved. I will be attentive to your response. Blessings.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  4. GerryCarson Win User

Custom Xbox Controller replacement

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately the contact us page just says there is no phone or online support for this issue!

I will try and contact them by other means.
  5. stephanneish Win User

Controller Analogue Stick Issue

try replacing the batteries, controllers are accessories and it comes with a 90 day warranty from the date of purchase,. if you think it is under warranty call the customer support they can process a replacement for you.

:)
  6. Ronnieee Win User

Xbox elite controller series 2 design lab warranty

Most of the time when they replace these types of controllers because it is beyond repair, they will replace it with standard controllers since customized controllers are just limited for you. But they should be providing some type of refund for the difference of the cost. But, they will also make sure that they can repair the controller just so you can get it back using the same controller working again.
Thema:

1. Custom controller replacement - Similar Threads - Custom controller replacement

2. Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping: I can’t believe I’m even having this issue. It has taken me 1.5 years to get back an Elite Series 2 controller that I sent in for warranty repair along with its accessories. However, the...
  3. When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...: A little less than a year ago I purchased a custom Elite Controller Series 2 from Xbox Design Lab, complete with a custom engraving. When I contacted Xbox Support, the person on the phone ensured...
  4. can microsoft repair custom controllers ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    can microsoft repair custom controllers ?: I have a custom controller thats a very sentimental gift form a passed loved one. i have used it pretty often but the grips fell off, the bumpers are loose, and the left thumb stick drags.If yall...
  5. Add other options to Xbox Controller lab than just "custom skins"

in XboX Insiders
    Add other options to Xbox Controller lab than just "custom skins": I noticed that your Xbox controller lab has one thing in common. Pretty much everything except the controller itself. I would like to see more deeper than skin Deep changes that are customizable....
  6. New-ish Custom Xbox Series controller gets stuck on forward input

in XBoX on Consoles
    New-ish Custom Xbox Series controller gets stuck on forward input: Have a design labs custom controller i got a xmas, has been working great. in the past day or so ive been noticing the left stick gets stuck on forward input. (not drift) not physically, and not...
  7. I ordered a custom Xbox controller in November and it has said processing since. Any idea...

in XBoX on Windows
    I ordered a custom Xbox controller in November and it has said processing since. Any idea...: Any help on when I’ll be receiving it? It’s a present and I feel bad it’s still not here. 6447d838-7c05-4bfd-bc3a-3dafa3796407
  8. xbox custom controller

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox custom controller: hi just a quick question to all my fellow gamers out there, i have issued for a replacement on my xbox design labs controller thats still under warranty due to a few issues. i have my cats name...
  9. Custom Xbox Controller replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Custom Xbox Controller replacement: Hi I am based on the UK and I purchased a custom Xbox controller last year, which is still in warranty. One of the bumpers is not working and I have been trying to get this resolved on the...
  10. How do i contact customer support - Microsoft have stolen my replacement faulty controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i contact customer support - Microsoft have stolen my replacement faulty controller: My £160 elite 2 controller was faulty and in warranty, sent a first warranty repair request and got a replacement from microsoft. It was faulty so sent a 2nd warranty repair request, returned it...