Custom color settings in Xbox One - like DVD players have?

Discus and support Custom color settings in Xbox One - like DVD players have? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi Wondering whether there is a general setting in Xbox One for brightness, contrast, gamma etc. I never got Xbox 360 to look right, and won't put... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BookishFlunky90, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Custom color settings in Xbox One - like DVD players have?

Hi

Wondering whether there is a general setting in Xbox One for brightness, contrast, gamma etc.

I never got Xbox 360 to look right, and won't put money again if this is not available.

Always too dark for some games, or I have to look at TV with an overbright display.

Thanks.

:)

BookishFlunky90, Aug 19, 2014
  2. Did Xbox One get proper Color Space settings like Brightness and contrast etc?

Never could get Xbox 360 look fully to satisfaction.

The DVB-T box of TV-set really is what I set everything on TV - and expect to adjust Xbox settings to how display is set.

So I wanted the usuall custom settings that even simple DVD players have - brightness, contrast, color saturation, gamma and some have sharpness stuff.

This is vital for me to select Xbox One.

Thanks for any input on this.

BookishFlunky90, Aug 19, 2014
  3. PB7
    PB7 Guest
    Change tile or block colors on Xbox One Dashboard

To change the tile color on your Xbox One you'll want to go to settings and from their click on the about me tab on the left. Once in, you can find the color settings under choose color. You can also do other things in here to customize your Xbox One to your profile.

4. Falkon(2)
    Falkon(2) Guest

Features like that would be found on the display side of things. Few if any modern players still have those adjustments available. DVD players are quite old at this point..

Falkon(2), Aug 22, 2014
  5. Zacabeb
    Zacabeb Guest
    So long as the Xbox One outputs what it's supposed to, there shouldn't need to be any adjustments except for in-game gamma control. The Xbox 360 has a pair of unique problems; the first is that it uses a rudimentary conversion from gamma-encoded to linear
    space and back in buffering, leading to improper display of shadows unless the developers correct for it manually. The second is that the output from the Xbox 360 doesn't always match its settings due to a clusterfudge of bugs.

With the Xbox One, they've probably done their homework - for now - so aside its own strange issues with picture and sound, the problems from the Xbox 360 should be gone.

Zacabeb, Aug 22, 2014
  6. Ok, thanks guys.

I still would have liked the customization thingy - but if it works, for everybody, good.

It's not about whether DVD is old or not, it's about multiple external video equipment to fit the same device.

But allowing customizing maybe steal some performace, I don't know.

BookishFlunky90, Oct 31, 2018
  7. BookishFlunky90 Win User

Ok, thanks guys.

I still would have liked the customization thingy - but if it works, for everybody, good.

It's not about whether DVD is old or not, it's about multiple external video equipment to fit the same device.

But allowing customizing maybe steal some performace, I don't know.
  8. Falkon(2) Win User

Features like that would be found on the display side of things. Few if any modern players still have those adjustments available. DVD players are quite old at this point..
  9. Zacabeb Win User

So long as the Xbox One outputs what it's supposed to, there shouldn't need to be any adjustments except for in-game gamma control. The Xbox 360 has a pair of unique problems; the first is that it uses a rudimentary conversion from gamma-encoded to linear
    space and back in buffering, leading to improper display of shadows unless the developers correct for it manually. The second is that the output from the Xbox 360 doesn't always match its settings due to a clusterfudge of bugs.

With the Xbox One, they've probably done their homework - for now - so aside its own strange issues with picture and sound, the problems from the Xbox 360 should be gone.
  10. Bear Grylls 619 Win User

Calibrating a plasma tv

Ihave a calibration dvd that ive been using to try and make the picture better. But nielo, are you saying that the best starting point would be cinema and warm? The only thing i cant seem to get over is the absolute dulness of the color on cinema mode. Even
    if i turn the color all the way up it still doesn't look like the color that the other picture settings on my tv provide. Vivid, Standard, game mode and custom all look colorful but cinema always looks different, could there be a problem with my tv?
  11. BookishFlunky90 Win User

Xbox One - and colorspace settings - custom or as 360?

Thanks.

Have you been working on Teracom or something?

A built in test pattern generator in xbox graphics engine would really be helpful. Developers could calbirate towards that - and us gamers as well. No browser or anything in between. It's there for both parties - producer and user.

Then the custom controls for brightness, contrast, gamma and color saturation, and I think there were a sharpness in my DVD player as well.

If meeting S:t Claus in person ability to possibly save a setting for every game - and nobody would ever have to be disappointed. At least one each for the different color formats. Mandatory from within each game - wow that would be something.

How far from christmas are we when released - not so far?

One can always wish....
Thema:

1. Custom color settings in Xbox One - like DVD players have? - Similar Threads - Custom color settings

2. When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...: A little less than a year ago I purchased a custom Elite Controller Series 2 from Xbox Design Lab, complete with a custom engraving. When I contacted Xbox Support, the person on the phone ensured...
  3. I cannot contact Xbox Customer Service

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot contact Xbox Customer Service: Ive tried the virtual agent many times trying to conact somebody to assist with a damaged xbox controller. The callback feature hasnt worked once in the last week ive tried and there is no live...
  4. can microsoft repair custom controllers ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    can microsoft repair custom controllers ?: I have a custom controller thats a very sentimental gift form a passed loved one. i have used it pretty often but the grips fell off, the bumpers are loose, and the left thumb stick drags.If yall...
  5. Customer service non existent

in XBoX on Consoles
    Customer service non existent: It's impossible to get through to anyone to speak about my Xbox headset that's in warranty and has broken after less than two months use, I've tried going through all of the automated channels and...
  6. Get To Know Our Team: Andrew - Customer Experience Manager

in XboX Insiders
    Get To Know Our Team: Andrew - Customer Experience Manager: [IMG] submitted by /u/wynnXIP [link] [comments]
  7. Add other options to Xbox Controller lab than just "custom skins"

in XboX Insiders
    Add other options to Xbox Controller lab than just "custom skins": I noticed that your Xbox controller lab has one thing in common. Pretty much everything except the controller itself. I would like to see more deeper than skin Deep changes that are customizable....
  8. Need help and xbox customer sevice wont let me talk to anyone they deem my issue no worthy...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help and xbox customer sevice wont let me talk to anyone they deem my issue no worthy...: My console (xbox series x) isnt responding to my controller properly the sticks work the home menu button works but when i try to press a on something or b to back out no response ive done a full...
  9. How do I get an actual xbox customer support?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get an actual xbox customer support?: I ran in some problem with my xbox game pass couple weeks ago and I am having serious issues with the customer support. The virtual agent always showing "I'm sorry, but I'm having a technical...
  10. How do we the customers get actual help to fix this?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do we the customers get actual help to fix this?: Does Microsoft even want our buissness? Do they even care About thier customers? How can we reach an actual human to help us? Ive been trying to buy a development mode liscense for my xbox for...