Currently Unable to Run Xbox Game App as an Admin

Discus and support Currently Unable to Run Xbox Game App as an Admin in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I've been having trouble launching Destiny 2 (Keep getting error code 0x8007042b). After 2 hour long sessions with the support team we've whittled it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by seankipp, May 26, 2022.

1. seankipp
    seankipp Guest

I've been having trouble launching Destiny 2 (Keep getting error code 0x8007042b). After 2 hour long sessions with the support team we've whittled it down to a fact that the xbox PC app will not be run in admin mode. Steps I've taken -

1. I've created a shortcut and when right clicked it does not show the option to run as admin
    2. I've tried to run it from the task manager but when I open the details tab it shows none of the xbox services as "elevated"
    3. I've unhidden the windows app folder, gone to the direct application properties and selected it to "run as administrator". No dice there
    4. At the application itself (again it the windows app folder) I've tried to right click run as administrator and am told that windows can't access the path because I may not have appropriate permissions, permissions I can't edit.
    No one has been able to find any solutions so hoping someone out here has had some luck!

Thanks all,

:)

seankipp, May 26, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

I don't think the issue is due to the app not running as administrator, have you tried reinstalling the game, was this game installed normally or you use prior files to do it faster?
  3. seankipp Win User

Morning Ricardo,

I tried launching from outside the Xbox App, and are getting the same failure, even with the app closed and all the background processes cleared out.

Thanks,
  4. seankipp Win User

Morning Ricardo,

I was able to play sea of thieves (owned) and age of empires 4 (gamepass) on the Xbox app. V rising and Warcraft on other launchers.

I completely wiped my computer and reloaded all the apps and reinstalled the games, bit of a hit on my internet haha.

Thanks,

Sean
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Seankipp! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

The error message you mentioned could be related to files corrupted also, do you have an error message while trying to launch the game that says it's due to administrator permit needed?

It could be also the result of a firewall or antivirus blocking access to some files, have you checked that part?

On the details section of the Task manager, you should be able to see the Xbox appservices.exe and Xbox app.exe, right click on them, then use the properties option and on the compatibility tab you will be able to select run as administrator
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

So after a new Windows installation you still can't play the game, have you tried launching the game from the main menu and not from the Xbox app?
Thema:

1. Currently Unable to Run Xbox Game App as an Admin - Similar Threads - Currently Unable Run

2. i have a current xbox i play on and when i try to sign into my account on the xbox app it...

in XBoX on Windows
    i have a current xbox i play on and when i try to sign into my account on the xbox app it...: what do i need to do to fix it or get it to let me sign in? 01dac490-f328-4a46-9103-672f782aa149
  3. I see enforcement on xbox but on the current enforcement its not there

in XBoX on Windows
    I see enforcement on xbox but on the current enforcement its not there: Hi Xbox I recently got suspended my xbox says I am but the enforcement site does not. 4777b740-63e4-460a-bb7e-24985534aefe
  4. Password reset NEVER sends a code to my email address - currently being billed for a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Password reset NEVER sends a code to my email address - currently being billed for a...: I have followed tried all the solutions offered here. I have tried to contact support to no avail. I realized from a credit card statement that I am being billed for an xbox pass and cannot login...
  5. Is anyone currently having issues using the Xbox app on PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is anyone currently having issues using the Xbox app on PC?: My app is set to boot up automatically after logging in & for some strange reason, it starts loading like it normally would only to close itself about 30 seconds later. No error message or code,...
  6. I do have the current Xbox Series X with the disk drive will I need the Digital Xbox Series...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I do have the current Xbox Series X with the disk drive will I need the Digital Xbox Series...: I do have current Xbox Series X with the disk drive and I can play digitally and physically on the two way on it. The Digital Xbox Series X will to be announced in June and to be released in the...
  7. Xbox App shows me as 'Online' and doesn't show any games I am currently playing outside of...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App shows me as 'Online' and doesn't show any games I am currently playing outside of...: It's worked before for Steam and Ubisoft Connect games, but since the past few updates it just shows me as 'Online' I have the setting ticked to share my activity, and it works fine with all Xbox...
  8. I have just bought my son a new Xbox but the email on his current Xbox isn’t right so all...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have just bought my son a new Xbox but the email on his current Xbox isn’t right so all...: I have just bought my son a new Xbox but the email on his current Xbox isn’t right so all his data and such have not saved to his account. Is there anything I can do?...
  9. my xbox account is currently linked to my epic games account, but i am unable to join and...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    my xbox account is currently linked to my epic games account, but i am unable to join and...: i am trying to join a friend in-game, and when i am invited it doesn’t give me the option to join that game but i have it downloaded and my xbox account is linked to epic games....
  10. Unable to Access Microsoft Rewards, Cloud Gaming and Game pass quests - Your current market...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Access Microsoft Rewards, Cloud Gaming and Game pass quests - Your current market...: I have twice contacted Microsoft Xbox Support to see if they could help me with my problem. The, problem has arisen since I changed from ADSL to Fibre, I can't access the rewards, cloud gaming...