Current Xbox Live Gold pass, unable to launch any downloaded games, getting error 0x803f900a

Discus and support Current Xbox Live Gold pass, unable to launch any downloaded games, getting error 0x803f900a in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The only game that runs is Roblox. All currently free-to-play games with this month's Gold Pass do not launch, instead bring up a message box with the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by koasterking, Jun 7, 2020.

1. koasterking
    koasterking Guest

Current Xbox Live Gold pass, unable to launch any downloaded games, getting error 0x803f900a

The only game that runs is Roblox. All currently free-to-play games with this month's Gold Pass do not launch, instead bring up a message box with the error:

Code:
    Sign in or renew the subscription.Sign in with the profiles used to buy this game, and make sure that your subscription to Xbox Live Gold, Ultimate or EA Access is up to date.
    The subscription is still valid for another year, pre-paid until May 2021.
    The logged in account is the account used to download the games, about 7 or 8 titles (~100GB downloaded) that won't launch.

The signed in account is the only account to have ever signed in on this particular Xbox One S.

Apps that were downloaded at the same time as the games continue to work fine.

Roblox which was downloaded sometime ago continues to run. Whereas Minecraft and Minecraft Dungeons do not start, producing the above error message.

Where and how can I get help or a proper fix for this issue, which just spoiled a weekend with my kid, when

this support page
    falls short of the mark (different causes for the same error).

Thanks.

:)

koasterking, Jun 7, 2020
  2. koasterking Win User

This has taken about 3 weeks to resolve!

Uninstalling and reinstalling games didn't work, since reinstalling wasn't an option, because the Store no longer recognised the GOLD subscription -- despite GOLD appearing next to the signed in account name at the time!

Finally using a completely different account to sign in, also with a Gold pass, would allow already installed games to be launched. Switching accounts back to the original Gold subscriber/downloader account then strangely resolved the issue, unlocking the
    games.

Games did not need to be downloaded again, no restarting, NO RESETTING TO FACTORY DEFAULTS (cue the fobs), etc. Logout/in didn't work, even though the account always had a valid full Gold pass.

MS were unreachable and their call back support service doesn't work despite my mobile being registered with them (debugging showed http 400 from partner due to invalid phone number)... exceptionally bad, even by MS standards.
  3. koasterking Win User

Non-fixes that are not a solution include, but not limited to: Just buy a new Xbox, just download the 100s of GB all again over a slow wifi connection, just create a new account and prepay for another year's subscription, etc.

Is there an SLA that comes with a Gold Pass? This needs to be raised directly with MS.
  4. TalonX13 Win User

I had this issue last year and I finally just reset and put everything to factory settings. After that i was able to redownload everything. Probably not the best solutions but it worked for me.
  5. Jayhab4real Win User

Try signing out and back in again. Failing that, try a hard reset; hold the power button for 10 seconds then press it again to reboot the system.
  6. Nezure On YT Win User

Try a hard reset or trying signing in and back in
Thema:

1. Current Xbox Live Gold pass, unable to launch any downloaded games, getting error 0x803f900a - Similar Threads - Current Live Gold

2. XBOX360 offline profile with current Live account

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX360 offline profile with current Live account: I have an old, offline only profile on my xbox360. When I try to sign into Live on this profile with my current Live account, I continually a message that "This Microsoft account is associated...
  3. Can I redeem a Xbox Live 24 Month Gold game code before my current membership has expired?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I redeem a Xbox Live 24 Month Gold game code before my current membership has expired?: Can I redeem a Xbox Live 24 Month Gold game code before my current membership has expired? I am getting a message that it will be converted to a shorted time span, doesn't make sense...
  4. Can I upgrade to game pass ultimate after my current Live Gold Membership runs out?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I upgrade to game pass ultimate after my current Live Gold Membership runs out?: I currently have a 3 month xbox live gold subscription which I got to play games like Garden Warfare on my 360. Today I got a Series X and want to know if I can upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate after...
  5. Xbox Live Gold Code on a current Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Live Gold Code on a current Xbox Game Pass Ultimate: Hello, I bought 3 years of Xbox Live Gold and couldn't redeem the third code (cause I had 2 years and 2 months) but nonetheless I upgraded to Game Pass Ultimate (because I was scared it won't be...
  6. What happens to current games if revert to Xbox Live Gold from Ultimate Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What happens to current games if revert to Xbox Live Gold from Ultimate Game Pass: We are not taking full advantage of the Ultimate Game Pass and I want to revert to only Xbox Live Gold to save money. What, if anything, will happen to my son's games if I do that? Will he retain...
  7. MS website says my live gold subscription is current until August, Xbox One contradicts ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    MS website says my live gold subscription is current until August, Xbox One contradicts ...: So for the past several months I've had my Live Gold subscription linked to my debit card with no problems until this past week just after the payment came through from my bank. I can apparently...
  8. I have a current, active Xbox Live Gold membership that expires in 4 months, can I stack this ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a current, active Xbox Live Gold membership that expires in 4 months, can I stack this ...: I posted first in the wrong section. I currently have an active subscription to Xbox Live Gold 12 months and recently purchased another 12 month code to stack on top of it but I get an error...
  9. Current XBox Live Gold 12M membership in good standing, website access doesn't work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Current XBox Live Gold 12M membership in good standing, website access doesn't work.: I am currently able to download the free "GAMES WITH GOLD" stuff (excluding the 360 games for some reason) from the console. However when I log into the website, no matter what when I go to the...
  10. This current profile is not allowed to play on Xbox LIVE - COD Black OPS II - I have gold, Any ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    This current profile is not allowed to play on Xbox LIVE - COD Black OPS II - I have gold, Any ...: Trying to play on live but it will not let me. 1 month free trial if that changes anything. Just renewed today and took the 1 month free trial option(why not right?) Any help appreciated...