Crossplay from Xbox to switch

Discus and support Crossplay from Xbox to switch in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; My sister and I used to play on Minecraft all the time. She has a switch and I have an Xbox. We played about a month ago and it worked perfectly fine.... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by iTz Gunnie68, Oct 13, 2022.

1. iTz Gunnie68
    iTz Gunnie68 Guest

My sister and I used to play on Minecraft all the time. She has a switch and I have an Xbox. We played about a month ago and it worked perfectly fine. Now it seems after my game updated we can’t join each others games anymore it just gets stuck on “Locating server” I’ve done all the methods possible (restarting router, uninstalling and reinstalling, unadding each other and adding each other back, restarts, etc) I’m not sure I can find anything to fix it.

If there are any other methods I’m open to trying them

:)

iTz Gunnie68, Oct 13, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello iTz Gunnie68,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you want to play Minecraft with your sister and is unable to because of the "Locating Server" error message. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

Based on your description, this could be an issue caused by Xbox Network not able to connect to your sister otherwise, we will check for other possible cause of the issue.

1. May we ask for what platform you are playing? Xbox Series X|S or PC?
    2. May we ask for screenshot of the issue? Please conceal any personal information.
    3. May we ask what is your NAT type (NAT Type: Open, Moderate, Strict, Unavailable)?
    4. Do you have any error messages or code? (Like Double NAT detected, 0x89231906, Can’t get a Teredo IP address, NAT Type: Unavailable, Teredo is unable to qualify, UPnP not successful).
      • For Windows 10:
        • PC Settings > Gaming > Xbox Network and check the NAT Type.
        • Look for NAT Type
        • Please reply with any error message/code you notice.
      • For Windows 11: Install Xbox Console Companion app from Microsoft Store (click here)
        • Launch Xbox Console Companion app.
        • Go to Settings and select Network tab.
        • Look for NAT Type.
      • For Console:
        • Kindly go to Xbox Console's Settings.
        • Select Network and Network Settings.
        • Look for NAT Type.
    We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello iTz Gunnie68,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  4. João Bengaló Win User

Why is it saying not joinable on cod mw2 when I was able to play fine a day ago

I just solved it, I made the transition from ps to Xbox and in my ps account was selected crossplay off, just switched to crossplay on and restarted the Xbox, still offline but now can play, join and invite my friends. Hope this helps!
  5. João Bengaló Win User

Why is it saying not joinable on cod mw2 when I was able to play fine a day ago

I just solved it, I made the transition from ps to Xbox and in my ps account was selected crossplay off, just switched to crossplay on and restarted the Xbox, still offline but now can play, join and invite my friends. Hope this helps!
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Gaming cross platform XBox One X and Windows???

Thema:

1. Crossplay from Xbox to switch - Similar Threads - Crossplay switch

2. Halo Infinite campaign crossplay with pc and xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo Infinite campaign crossplay with pc and xbox one: Halo Infinite campaign crossplay with pc and xbox one is that doable or is it only mulitplayer on xbox live? What the campaige limit for xbox live on campaige? 73574fb4-eb9d-4f5f-9b9f-cd26d73f1979
  3. When are you going to give us the ability turn off crossplay.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When are you going to give us the ability turn off crossplay.: I know Xbox has the ability to turn off crossplay. PC community cheats way too often and we’re at a disadvantag. PlayStation allows for them to do it, so can you. Really like Xbox but if we don’t...
  4. Assetto Corsa Competizione Bug Crossplay

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Assetto Corsa Competizione Bug Crossplay: My game (Assetto Corsa Competizione) is closing on its own when I enter a multiplayer match. It started happening after the update that introduced crossplay. Is anyone experiencing the same issue?...
  5. how do I get rid of the crossplay notification?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do I get rid of the crossplay notification?: I keep getting this notification everything I play match in call of duty. "you cannot play with people outside of xbox because of how your account is set up" how do turn this notification off I...
  6. Minecraft crossplay LAN not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft crossplay LAN not working: As recently as last week my son (5 years old) and I were able to play Minecraft together. I have minecraft for windows. gamepass ultimate and bought the mobile minecraft (android). Both versions...
  7. Minecraft custom skin not showing (crossplay Switch-PC)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft custom skin not showing (crossplay Switch-PC): Hi, my friend cannot see my custom skin when he joins my world. He is playing on Nintendo Switch and I am playing on PC. We both have 'Only Allow Trusted Skins' disabled in settings. I can see...
  8. Minecraft PS4 and Switch crossplay issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft PS4 and Switch crossplay issue: I am currently unable to play Minecraft online from my ps4 with my friend on switch. When I try to join them, I am hit with an infinite loading screen displaying "locating server" and when they...
  9. Fortnite / Crossplay between XBOX and PC/Switch with Child account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite / Crossplay between XBOX and PC/Switch with Child account: Hi, if anyone could help me i would be really thankful. My problem is my son has a Microsoft child account and is unable to crossplay in Fortnite with other platforms than xbox. Adult accounts on...
  10. Crossplay Switch Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Crossplay Switch Xbox one: quiero hacer crossplay entre minecraft de mi Xbox one a minecraft de Switch, pero nos da error porque dice que la versión no es la misma, hemos actualizado las dos versiones pero la de Switch...