Critical Problem with XBOX INSIDER Auto-Updates on Original Xbox with external hard drives...

Discus and support Critical Problem with XBOX INSIDER Auto-Updates on Original Xbox with external hard drives... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; To the mods--(This question IS about xbox insider topics as this problem is only happening to me because of the updates I'm getting from being in the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/koolmatt, Sep 28, 2022.

1. /u/koolmatt
    /u/koolmatt Guest

Critical Problem with XBOX INSIDER Auto-Updates on Original Xbox with external hard drives...

To the mods--(This question IS about xbox insider topics as this problem is only happening to me because of the updates I'm getting from being in the insider program.)

I've been in the insider program since right around when it started but have been having this problem with each update for quite some time now.

Just incase this might be helpful information; I do leave my Xbox powered on the majority of the time(overnight even).

I've got an original Xbox one and for probably over a year now, whenever my Xbox tries to auto update while my external hard drives(i have 2) are plugged in, the Xbox will shut off but then won't turn back on and makes a clicking noise like every two seconds.

Nothing happens when I try to turn it back on by pressing the power button on the console or through using a controller.

Up until the last few updates, all I would have to do is unplug the external hard drives, wait a second and then would be able to turn the Xbox on manually and then start the update, wait until its done and then plug the hard drives back in.

The last few times it's tried to auto update and shut off, even after unplugging the external hdd, the only way I can turn the Xbox back on is by unplugging the power brick from the Xbox and wall, plugging it back in and then very quickly power cycle it by pressing and holding the sync and eject buttons followed by the main power button. (If I don't do it fast enough after plugging the power brick back in, the console won't even let me power cycle it).

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening and/or what I can do to stop this from happening every time my console tries to update?

submitted by /u/koolmatt
    [link] [comments]

/u/koolmatt, Sep 28, 2022
  2. Internet Expert Win User

My xbox do not recognize my hard drive, can someone help me?

Is this about the internal hard drive inside the Xbox, or an external hard drive connected via USB?
  3. DarkSp1r1tWolf7 Win User

DVR Auto-delete on external hard drive

The auto-del system is only for videos uploaded to Xbox Live from your console and that have not been seen. Could be a hard drive problem.
    Also it does delete clips from both your internal and external hard drive (But for the External, only screenshots remain)
  4. HassanB Win User

Playing my Xbox original games on my 360

Hi,

What do you mean that you're using a 250GB external hard drive? Are you using a USB external hard drive? External USB Hard drives won't work for playing original Xbox games.

If you are using an original Xbox 360 console where the hard drive fits on top make sure that the hard drive you have is an original hard drive and not a 3rd party hard drive. If you've purchased a hard drive for this console separately from a website like
    eBay or Amazon Marketplace it's likely that you've purchased a 3rd party hard drive.

Only original Xbox 360 hard drives that are manufactured by Microsoft will work on your Xbox 360. Otherwise, they would give you this error whether it was an original Xbox game from the Xbox LIVE marketplace or on a disc.

More information on this can be found here.
  5. HassanB Win User

Grand theft auto San Andreas issue

Hello, xBEASTLEE 831x,

This seems to be an issue with your XBOX 360's Hard Drive. Since Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is an original XBOX game it requires that an original XBOX hard drive be attached in order to play the game successfully. It freezing suggests that the files that
    are on the hard drive in a hidden partition are not working as they should be. I suggest trying another original XBOX hard drive to see if this alleviates the problem. You will not be able to download the game onto a USB Flash Drive and play it unfortunately.
  6. Ricardo Cintra Win User

هل يمكن صناعه XBOX ONE S الذي لا يحتوي على قارئه الاقراص بنسخهCan you make an XBOX ONE S that doesn't have a 2TB CD reader? 2TB

I I'm not wrong some limited edition from Xbox One X was launch with 2TB Hard Drive, We can Change the original HD 1TB to 2TB too but is more indicate to use External Hard Drive ( By the way we can use until 4TB External Hard Drive without problem)
Thema:

1. Critical Problem with XBOX INSIDER Auto-Updates on Original Xbox with external hard drives... - Similar Threads - Critical Problem INSIDER

2. I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** 10e3f5b7-7c6f-4195-9ee9-21b72e7c2ba9
  3. I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...: Then i Searched the web for solutions and removed my hard drive and it turned on normally. But after inserting the hard drive the E68 code occurs. Can Xbox games and Kinect games can run...
  4. Audio problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio problems: I’ve been having problems with my audio through my headset. I can hear myself when I talk into the mic but I can’t hear any game or menu audio. I am using a pair of astros that are for ps4 but...
  5. Xbox insider hub level up problem

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox insider hub level up problem: So i was getting xp at the xbox insider and i leveld up and i cant update my xbox to the next preview it doesn't show me a new preview to select submitted by /u/Ok_Victory4109 [link] [comments]
  6. Is anyone else having problems with connecting their 360 to xbox live?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having problems with connecting their 360 to xbox live?: My xbox 360 won't connect to xbox live. f683801c-6dd0-4023-b8cb-416c00dd6e98
  7. Critical Issue With Xbox App!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Critical Issue With Xbox App!!!: https://filestore.community.support.microsoft.com/api/images/2c623ad9-cbc8-489f-8fdd-5f8e79592b6d?upload=true&fud_access=wJJIheezUklbAN2ppeDns8cDNpYs3nCYjgitr%2BfFBh2dqlqMuW7np3F6Utp%2FKMltnRRYFtVj...
  8. Getting a critical error when trying to play games. -- Critical 9/2/2023 12:06:49 AM...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Getting a critical error when trying to play games. -- Critical 9/2/2023 12:06:49 AM...: When running games the PC will reboot itself and give me the Kernel-Power Error event 41 Getting a critical error when trying to play games. -- Critical 9/2/2023 12:06:49 AM Kernel-Power 41 (63)...
  9. Controller battery critical low

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller battery critical low: 4 different Xbox controllers stopped working at the same time. When plugged in they say critical battery then shut off. When putting in new batteries it says critical battery then shut off. Tried...
  10. Got Banned From Waypont for Being a Critic so I'll Post Here

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Got Banned From Waypont for Being a Critic so I'll Post Here: You can't suspend people, lock their posts, and hatemonger against them if they're critics. Ken Levine would get in a screaming match with his developers when they didn't meet his, and the...