Credit Card Fraud type Situation

Discus and support Credit Card Fraud type Situation in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So about maybe half a year ago I was given access to one of my friends accounts for Xbox by that friend to game share, maybe two or three months later... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by John D. H., Oct 5, 2018.

1. John D. H.
    John D. H. Guest

So about maybe half a year ago I was given access to one of my friends accounts for Xbox by that friend to game share, maybe two or three months later I stupidly decided to spend money on his credit card (I gifted my account games). I understand already
    how much trouble i'm in, but for doing something like this where I was actually given the email and password for the account, how much/what kind of trouble can happen. Can they sue me? The total amount of money spent was around $600. If they decide to press
    charges would there be, Credit Card fraud? Please maybe tell me some situations that could happen if you want. If your reading this thanks for your time, Good Day.

:)

John D. H., Oct 5, 2018
  2. Lucifer6six6
    Lucifer6six6 Guest
    Credit card fraud

My account was hacked on August 4th by someone in China, and I still to this day have not received a refund not am I able to play on Live. I filed a BBB complaint against XBOX on October 4th because Micro$oft will not cooperate in refunding/unlocking my
    account. I suggest head over to www.BBB.org and file your complaint as well.

Lucifer6six6, Oct 5, 2018
  3. GTR Gamer UK
    GTR Gamer UK Guest
    Credit card fraud

Hi

I Just wanted everyone to be aware of this type of credit card fraud on microsoft xbox1

I have a 3 month recuring gold subscription which my credit card is on that account, and a pin to purchase games ect..i could not believe it when I checked my credit card online and an unauthorised amount of €891 was stolen: gta5 shark cards and Roblox.

So my password was cracked on my microsoft account. Microsoft are aware of the problem and only paid me back €209....

I just wanted you not to make the mistake I did by leaving your card on the account

Greeting

GTR Gamer UK, Oct 5, 2018
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

That's not really something anyone here could answer. Laws vary from place to place so it's hard to say if they could sue you over it or not.

As far as Xbox is concerned though, sharing account information is a violation of the code of conduct so you both would have put your accounts at risk for being banned which would also cause your friend to lose anything they had purchased for themselves
    as well.

Smwutches, Oct 5, 2018
  5. To add to what smwutches said if your "friend" were to report this as fraud to his credit card company and MS were to issue a chargeback to the account (basically agreeing this is fraud and giving the money back to your friend) they would probably permanently
    ban your account as for marketplace theft. which would mean you would forfeit EVERYTHING you purchased including legally on your account.

steeledwand7664, Nov 3, 2018
  6. steeledwand7664 Win User

To add to what smwutches said if your "friend" were to report this as fraud to his credit card company and MS were to issue a chargeback to the account (basically agreeing this is fraud and giving the money back to your friend) they would probably permanently
    ban your account as for marketplace theft. which would mean you would forfeit EVERYTHING you purchased including legally on your account.
  7. Smwutches Win User

That's not really something anyone here could answer. Laws vary from place to place so it's hard to say if they could sue you over it or not.

As far as Xbox is concerned though, sharing account information is a violation of the code of conduct so you both would have put your accounts at risk for being banned which would also cause your friend to lose anything they had purchased for themselves
    as well.
  8. ThePouchBear Win User

No refund received after two and a half months.

If it was on a credit card, report it as fraud
  9. Menkey Win User

Credit card fraud

Just got my credit card statement through and noticed the same charges as everyone else. I'm not sure if I should be reassured that I'm not the only one who's been affected, or worried that nearly two weeks after what was clearly an organized and widespread
    case of fraud there's been no statement from Microsoft advising people to check for unusual activity.

Has anyone actually received any information about what action is being taken? I'd quite like my account restored to the way it was before. As grateful as I am for the three FIFA 2012 achievements, I think I'd rather they disappeared. Oh, and I suppose getting
    my money back is important too. Possibly even more important, unless I find a way to survive without purchasing food.

If only I could spend microsoft points on groceries.
  10. VernierSlake Win User

Credit card fraud

If remembering passwords is a problem it's worth looking into the concept of root word based passwords. The idea behind it is you have a common word that's in all your passwords and then combine it with a unique word for each site. For example -

1. I choose my root word as Slake and then change some of the letters to numbers to get Sl8k3

2. For my XBL account I take Sl8k3 and combine it with the word Limbo (yes that's a reference to the book) so I get Sl8k3Limbo.

3. I then change some of the letters in Limbo to numbers to get L1mb0.

4. My password is then Sl8k3L1mb0.

5. I then repeat the process with other sites, continuing to use Sl8k3 as a common thread but combining it with unique words for each site.

Impossible for a hacker to guess or social engineer out of you and bruteforcing it will take years. All you need is a word that can't be linked to you personally and to jumble it up with a few numbers. Before anyone asks Sl8k3L1mb0 isn't my password anywhere,
    I'm not that stupid.
Thema:

1. Credit Card Fraud type Situation - Similar Threads - Credit Card Fraud

2. So I brought a game on my credit card and I refunded it and I want it back on my Xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    So I brought a game on my credit card and I refunded it and I want it back on my Xbox...: So I bought a Xbox game on the store and I bought it on my credit card but I don’t want it and requested a refund but I would like the refund back on my Xbox credit balance instead of back on my...
  3. I have fraudulent activity on a credit card. I need to know how to report it and how to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have fraudulent activity on a credit card. I need to know how to report it and how to...: I have over $600 in fraudulent activity on my bank card and need to know how to get it resolved. With a real person. Please. 59ea796f-bca2-4748-b682-b778d20fa2c0
  4. Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????: I currently have three different cards that are being charged with fraudulent charges through Microsoft. Can't change my password, can't remove credit cards, and good luck trying to speak to...
  5. Refund granted but never credited back to card.

in XBoX on Windows
    Refund granted but never credited back to card.: Hi there, My son bought an add-on for a game he then discovered he couldn't play on his XBox. We requested a refund, which we were granted according to our account (and we've verified since the...
  6. I redeemed a gift card for Xbox but when I checked I didn’t see my credit, is there any way...

in XBoX on Windows
    I redeemed a gift card for Xbox but when I checked I didn’t see my credit, is there any way...: Hello Microsoft, today and a while back I purchased a gift card for 25$. After coming home from work I then redeemed my Xbox gift card at home. I went onto my Xbox and tried to purchase some in...
  7. Fraud Charges on my credit card.

in XBoX on Windows
    Fraud Charges on my credit card.: I kept getting charges on my credit card but now cancelled. My credit card number was obviously stolen and I called my bank. They credited my card back but then a month later they charged me again...
  8. MSBILL.INFO.WA is heaven for Credit Card Fraud.

in XBoX Accessibility
    MSBILL.INFO.WA is heaven for Credit Card Fraud.: I don't have any subscription from any MS Store or Product. My brand new Credit Card was charged by MS even before the card got activated in May 2022 over $700. Called the MS help, but they can't...
  9. Credit card fraud

in XBoX on Consoles
    Credit card fraud: Hi I Just wanted everyone to be aware of this type of credit card fraud on microsoft xbox1 I have a 3 month recuring gold subscription which my credit card is on that account, and a pin to...
  10. Credit card fraud

in XBoX on Consoles
    Credit card fraud: soooo somebody is using my credit card and idk who but I know it's not my purchases because they purchased black ops 3 and I already had it but I'm going to call Xbox in the morning...