Creating a custom design Xbox One controller complaint I guess

Discus and support Creating a custom design Xbox One controller complaint I guess in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; last night around 7:30 pm I decided to order a custom color design xbox one controller for my PC, lately the one I have has been disconnecting, which... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ritnou, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Ritnou
    Ritnou Guest

last night around 7:30 pm I decided to order a custom color design xbox one controller for my PC, lately the one I have has been disconnecting, which as you can imagine is not good during games.

Since all the controllers I was finding where over $60 and I felt they where all boring looking I decided to fork out the extra money and pay $85 to get one in colors I picked. I already knew going into the little design studio that I wanted the body to
    be ash grey, the bumpers, triggers, D pad and thumbsticks to all be retro pink. That is just how I wanted the controller to be. The first thing the design engine automatically does is try to make the back the same color as your bumpers and triggers. I don’t
    know why but it does, whatever I changed it to ash grey. I noticed however if you try and toggle to choice the option for rubberized grips on the back that it switched the color of my controller back to retro pink again.

It’s not like it HAD to be retro pink with the rubberized grips because I could change the color to ash grey again, for some reason it would just switch it to the color of the bumpers and triggers. Eventually I decided I didn’t want the rubberized grips
    anyways because they where black and I didn’t have black anywhere else on the controller.

I switched to standard back and out ash grey as the color and proceeded. I went to the order screen and skimmed all the information, yes including the agreement about NOT being able to cancel custom orders. So it was extremely frustrating to realize LITERALLY
    and I’m not exaggerating, I clicked the pay button I noticed the back of the controller had somehow made its way back to the damned retro pink color. Which is WICKED frustrating because I NEVER wanted it to be pink, it’s not even like I was CONSIDERING it
    and forgot to switch it back.

So I IMMEDIATELY went to my order details to see if there was any to quickly edit the order or something like a grace period. Of course there wasn’t any immediate thing I saw unsurprising. So the next thing I do is try and get on chat with someone to see
    if there was absolutely anyway to just change the back color from pink to grey because the stupid design portal kept deciding pink was what I wanted on the back.

I spent an hour on chat with two different people and this was all on a tablet wedged under my work computer because my dinner break had ended of course. Only to be told that they couldn’t do anything and to try calling the number they provided to me. I
    literally asked the person if it would be okay to call when I got off work at 10pm est because I was concerned about how long was left from the order. The person just kept mentioning something about stores all over the country.

So when I leave work I call the number and explain the situation to them and about the chat, the phone person says I need to talk to Xbox so I am fine and I transfer and explain it again, and they say I need to talk to sales, so, I transfer again and explain
    the situation, again. And that final sales person after an hour on chat and another 20 minutes being transferred around the phone said to me, “i’m Sorry there isn’t really anything I can do, there is a 10-20 minute grace period for cancellations.”

So now you can imagine my complete frustration and irritation. And yeah it’s partially my fault for not noticing the error before clicking the pay button but it’s also the stupid design engine for not maintaining color options that where previously chosen.
    Also the fact that you can’t cancel edit or return a custom order is freaking ridiculous. So now i’ll Just wait 14 days for a controller I don’t want that I paid $85 for which is a lot of money for some people!

Also there isn’t anywhere to properly provide this kind of feedback and frustrations with an experience which makes this situation worse cause now I have to post it in a public forum for anyone to scroll past. Which I hate doing,
    but I am. Really really frustrated with this whole ridiculousness. I don’t even WANT to cancel the order!!!! I just WANT the back to be ash grey not retro pink! It’s so stupid and such a small thing it’s unfathomable how it can be such an issue to do something
    about.

:)

Ritnou, Feb 10, 2018
  2. Design lab payment

I was interested in creating a custom controller for my husband using the design lab, and it won’t seem to take my payment. I keep getting the error message saying they’re having trouble processing my payment.

Queen Reaper 97, Feb 10, 2018
  3. raigraphixs
    raigraphixs Guest
    raigraphixs, Feb 10, 2018
  4. HAZMAT RADIO
    HAZMAT RADIO Guest

Once the order is placed, that's it. Xbox Support can't help with your order and neither can sales.

You can see if sales can cancel the order but if they can't cancel the order then that's it.

Due to the customized nature of the controller, please note that non-defective product returns are not accepted.
    Xbox Design Lab

HAZMAT RADIO, Feb 10, 2018
  5. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

Once the order is placed, that's it. Xbox Support can't help with your order and neither can sales.

You can see if sales can cancel the order but if they can't cancel the order then that's it.

Due to the customized nature of the controller, please note that non-defective product returns are not accepted.
    https://xboxdesignlab.xbox.com
  6. Radiant Sword X Win User

Xbox One Controller Design Labs no more?

Guess I will just order a new one without the custom design.
  7. XBF Leo G Win User

Xbox design lab controller problem

Hello YannaaVert19,

Thank you for keeping us updated. The Xbox Design Lab controllers are customer made controllers. Thus, they may take longer to create and ship based on the design. If the controller takes too long to create and ship, the
    Xbox Support Team will assist with the order. At this point, we recommend keeping an eye on the email address you used to create the order. Microsoft will provide you with a tracking
    number once the package has been shipped. Be sure to keep us updated!
  8. Mistress Sara Win User

Design lab controllers

The only difference between a Design Lab controller and the other Xbox One controllers offered by Microsoft is that the user can customize the Design Lab controller's colors as well as get some text imprinted on it. They use the same batteries, USB cables,
    battery covers.
  9. BlueManMania Win User

Can't save Xbox Design Lab controllers

Hi, Gibby here!

I have experienced this same issue, but it should usually save your custom controller designs in the 'My Gallery' tab on the Xbox Design Lab website. If it doesn't, try to make another custom controller design to see if it saves that one. If both designs
    don't save, or if the website gives you any issues, contact the Xbox support team for more help regarding this subject matter. Here is the link for the website, I hope this helped!

Xbox Support Website
Thema:

1. Creating a custom design Xbox One controller complaint I guess - Similar Threads - Creating custom design

2. I cant create a high performance power plan in my windows 11, why is there no high...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant create a high performance power plan in my windows 11, why is there no high...: There is no high performance option in my power plans and I tried to fix it by going in regedit to figure it out but i am too scared to mess up something in my computer so I didn't do anything in...
  3. Why does it say this email already exists when I try to create it but when I try logging...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does it say this email already exists when I try to create it but when I try logging...: I'm trying to make a hotmail for my sister so that I can make an xbox account for her. I tried to create an email for her from her device a long time ago through the Minecraft app, but after I...
  4. I cant remember the email I used when creating my xbox account

in XBoX on Windows
    I cant remember the email I used when creating my xbox account: Hi all I cant remember at all what email I used when I created my xbox account I know the gamertag and I have the number thats linked to it can microsoft tell me the email on my account if I have...
  5. Group post unable to send request and cannot create post trouble

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Group post unable to send request and cannot create post trouble: Hi i have been unable to be interested in group posts and unable to make a post on my xbox one i have checked my security settings which are unrestricted i have looked at other questions same as...
  6. Problems creating repair order

in XBoX on Windows
    Problems creating repair order: I’m unable to see any option except accessories when selecting an issue for a repair order. I just had the xbox serviced and it worked perfectly fine the last time. What am I missing?...
  7. Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?: So I’ve only recently been having issues with the Xbox app where I cannot join or create a party every time I try it just removes me almost instantly even if it’s my own. Never had this problem...
  8. I keep getting party disconnected every time I try join a friend's party, but when I create...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I keep getting party disconnected every time I try join a friend's party, but when I create...: If I create a party chat friends can join me and party chat is fine. But if I try join a friend's party chat it just keeps giving my connecting and then disconnects me. We have even tried that the...
  9. Can an XboxTv be created where a plasma TV has a built-in Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Can an XboxTv be created where a plasma TV has a built-in Xbox: This seems possible and would be a great convenience I would definitely buy one and hang it on my wall. submitted by /u/Zestyclose-Regular69 [link] [comments]
  10. Why can't I create a looking for group post?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I create a looking for group post?: I have tried every youtube fix I could find, but none of them worked. I try to make an LFG post, but it says the same "unable to create Looking For Griup post" junk every time. It does the same...