Could there be a fault with the actual Xbox connectivity?

Discus and support Could there be a fault with the actual Xbox connectivity? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My sons Xbox one controller keeps turning off, I let him use my control which works fine however when connected to his Xbox it kept turning off. Went... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Alex Thomas4, Jan 7, 2024.

1. Alex Thomas4
    Alex Thomas4 Guest

My sons Xbox one controller keeps turning off, I let him use my control which works fine however when connected to his Xbox it kept turning off. Went out and bought a brand new genuine Xbox control and yet again when connected to his Xbox it keeps turning off. Anyone know what could be wrong?

:)

Alex Thomas4, Jan 7, 2024
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Hello Alex T, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems.

I am very sorry for the problem you are going through, with the intention of being able to help you I did an internal search on the Microsoft forum and found a publication by Gerardo C., an independent advisor, where he suggests the following to solve the problem:

Please try to solve the problem by doing the following procedures:

1. With the Xbox on, press the power button on the front of the console for 10 seconds until it turns off completely.

2. Unplug the power cable from the console and wait 30 seconds.

3. Reconnect the power cable to your console and turn it on normally.

4. Check if the problem persists, if so, please reset your console to its factory settings keeping your games and applications as follows:

Go to Settings > System > Console Info > Reset Console > Reset and keep games and apps.

This way your console will be reconfigured and you will have to add your account again. No game or application will be deleted, nor will you lose the progress of any game since these are saved in the Xbox Cloud.

5. Check if the problem continues.

Information Source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/24ce6746-deb3-4149-b8ab-d4292d16bfc7

Thank you for your patience, I hope everything can be resolved. I will be attentive to your response. Blessings.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  3. maxen Win User

Xbox 360 won't download when console is turned off

That's weird. It almost sounds as if the Xbox is having difficulty keeping the WiFi connection active while shutting down.

It could be a hardware fault or something, but if it still works fine via Ethernet (and is actually easier that way) it may not be too much to worry about.
  4. Azure S187 Win User

console and Hard drive problems.

Yes, the hard drive could be at fault, because you got it off amazon. I'd advise buying an ACTUAL xbox Hard drive from an ACTUAL xbox MS retailer.
  5. Tezzarrific Win User

My Xbox

some cheap external hdd enclosures draw to much power from the usb ports, the xbox shutting down is over current protection, could be a cable fault or the actual hdd controller, replace the cable or enclosure.

do you have any other devices connected via usb to the console too.
  6. GMAN990 Win User

Connecting to my wireless network.

Hi

I'm afraid its an Arris fault, you could look at an alternative way to connect, can you connect wired? If not you could use powerline adapters/homeplugs? Or maybe you have a wireless pc/laptop close to the Xbox?
Thema:

1. Could there be a fault with the actual Xbox connectivity? - Similar Threads - fault actual connectivity

2. call of duty MW3 wont run due to a fault in the; ucrtbase.dll file.

in XBoX on Windows
    call of duty MW3 wont run due to a fault in the; ucrtbase.dll file.: Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty HQ\cod.exe Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll error thats appearing in my event viewer....
  3. Can y'all unsuspend me bc my account got hacked and it was not my fault

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can y'all unsuspend me bc my account got hacked and it was not my fault: My account got hacked and it was not my fault and it says I'm suspended for a year and I can't play online 59529aed-7b95-4366-b3ac-b4909cb8922c
  4. Roblox crashing after 10-20 minutes due to fault in RobloxBetaPlayer.dll

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Roblox crashing after 10-20 minutes due to fault in RobloxBetaPlayer.dll: Hello since the 9th of December 2023, I have been getting an issue with my Roblox Player (not the Microsoft app) where it would close without any warning after around 10-20 minutes of playtime,...
  5. Why doesn't my fault Edition upgrade in warzone Modern Warfare 3 work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn't my fault Edition upgrade in warzone Modern Warfare 3 work: [mod removed - personal information] 3db9b6e5-dab0-48dd-83e9-5fcc20bfb837
  6. Xbox series s HDMI fault

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s HDMI fault: I am trying to fix an Xbox series s that has just gone out of warranty. There is no signal from the HDMI output at switch on and the device switches itself off after about 40sec. I have dismantled...
  7. Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll launching Rocket League

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll launching Rocket League: Hello, I've spent weeks trying to solve this problem where Rocket League fails to launch. Faulting application name: RocketLeague.exe, version: 1.0.10897.0, time stamp: 0x64e6b840 Faulting...
  8. How can I get my HDD working because of system fault? (ONE S) (reading code E106)

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I get my HDD working because of system fault? (ONE S) (reading code E106): Hey Guys and Gals, was wondering how I could fix my Xbox one s hard drive from giving the E106 startup failure code. I have never had the hard drive replaced and no other service other than...
  9. Can u unban my acount my sister typed in stuff cause she was mad and it's not my fault can...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can u unban my acount my sister typed in stuff cause she was mad and it's not my fault can...: My sister typed in some stuff cause she was mad cause my friends said she was bad and typed some stuff on my account its not fair can I have my account back. 6351fe2e-ad47-4203-83bf-0bf198d8f46d
  10. My xbox one has developed a fault whilst downloading a game, it is as if all the buttons on...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox one has developed a fault whilst downloading a game, it is as if all the buttons on...: My xbox one went mad whilst doing a download. It's as if a button is stuck in on the controller, the screen is flicking around typing stuff going haywire. Hard reset hasn't helped....