could I hook up a PS4 to a Xbox one thru HDMI in?

Discus and support could I hook up a PS4 to a Xbox one thru HDMI in? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; theoretically, could I hook up a PS4 to a Xbox one through the HDMI in port? Like it has a HDMI out and HDMI in and I was wondering if I could run my... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/StunningAd7812, Feb 25, 2023.

1. could I hook up a PS4 to a Xbox one thru HDMI in?

theoretically, could I hook up a PS4 to a Xbox one through the HDMI in port? Like it has a HDMI out and HDMI in and I was wondering if I could run my PS4 through the Xbox one as like a all in one. I hope this would work cause it would work better for me and it's also kinda funny.

submitted by /u/StunningAd7812
    [link] [comments]

/u/StunningAd7812, Feb 25, 2023
  2. HisSvt2 Win User

Can I Use The Xbox One HDMI Pass Through To Run My 360 Media Center Extender???

You could just hook the PC right into it thru HDMI and use the ir control on the Xbox one to control the PC. I plan to plug the HDMI from my media center PC right into Xbox one. No need for the extender you can run the media center interface right of the
    PC
  3. duerrs Win User

HDMI Auto Switch Problem... any advice appreciated

I had the same problem with my switch box at launch. what I wound up doing is: Since my Reciever has 4 hdmi ports, I put the xbox one directly into one of the receiver hdmi's. I hooked my hdmi switch box up to hdmi 4 on the receiver and hooked up my ps4,
    ps3, and wii u to the auto switch. 8 hdmi ports is enough for me (barely).
  4. OdOyLe317 Win User

HDMI handshake problem

On my TV it has to have a cable connected in order to cycle thru to that particular input whether digital or analog. Its not like the old TVs where u could just cycle thru every input when you hit the Source or TV/Video button. One thing i noticed on my
    TV that was diffrent when the xbox hdmi port was working properly was when my xbox was shut off but still hooked up i could switch to the HDMI input on my TV that it was connected to. Now the xbox has to be turned on in order for my TV to recognize that a
    cable is hooked up to that input and let me switch to it. Almost like there is no standby signal coming out of the xbox while its powered off anymore. Could anyone else with a TV that only cycles particular inputs that have a cable connected confirm whether
    they still have a Standby signal when the xbox is off. I am curious to hear from someone with a console with a working HDMI port and someone with a non working HDMI port. My PS3 hooked up with that same cable to the same port lets me switch to the right HDMI
    input while turned off so im pretty sure its not the cable or TV causing the issue.
  5. LyricStudent140 Win User

Xbox One Not Working Through AVR

Thanks for the input. As far as the Xbox settings go, I don't even know what to do here or where to go. I am not a technical genius, but I can fight through it and get it working if there is a way to do it. In simple terms, I just want to run my Xbox
    thru the AVR and then to the TV, as my AVR has 4 HDMI ports and the TV has only two. One of my HDMI ports on the TV is hooked to my ATT Uverse box, and I do not want to run the Uverse thru the Xbox. I want the other TV HDMI port to be hooked to my AVR; the
    AVR would be used to manage up to 4 other HDMI connections. I think the Xbox should work thru my AVR; I just don't know what/where to go for settings. Thanks for any help!
  6. PaulDeane Win User

Xbox Dolby Digital support

Thema:

could I hook up a PS4 to a Xbox one thru HDMI in?

1. could I hook up a PS4 to a Xbox one thru HDMI in? - Similar Threads - hook PS4 thru

2. Can I play no man's sky in VR with the oculus quest 2 by hooking up the quest to to my Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I play no man's sky in VR with the oculus quest 2 by hooking up the quest to to my Xbox...: Can I play no man's sky in VR with the oculus quest 2 by hooking up the quest to to my Xbox one, or do I need a PC. 278eed54-f2cf-41f9-a49d-bfa117f463bd
  3. How do i get my monitor to hook up to my xbox without it saying out of range

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i get my monitor to hook up to my xbox without it saying out of range: How to get my xbox to hook up to my monitor without saying out of range 2322cf21-144f-41c8-a428-2a0a1edba417
  4. Xbox series X pairing button on consul will not work to hook up controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X pairing button on consul will not work to hook up controller: My son has an Xbox series X, the controllers used to work fine now the only way to play is have it hardwired to consul they will not pair light on Xbox will not go to blink mode after hitting...
  5. Xbox won’t play sound keeps saying tv is set to dvi when clearly im hooked up with hdmi and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won’t play sound keeps saying tv is set to dvi when clearly im hooked up with hdmi and...: Xbox won’t play sound keeps saying tv is set to dvi when clearly im hooked up with hdmi and Xbox won’t play sounds how do I fix this 77d1367c-ecd8-43cd-8997-7655e0b22aa9
  6. So i have my playstation account hooked up to my Microsoft account already. Im wondering if...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So i have my playstation account hooked up to my Microsoft account already. Im wondering if...: I have my kids account hooked up to my playstation family account, am i am i able to hook their microsoft account up to their playstation sub account if i already have my Microsoft account hooked...
  7. Should I hook an Ethernet cable which is connected to my Xbox to my modem or my router?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should I hook an Ethernet cable which is connected to my Xbox to my modem or my router?: I was just wondering on whether I should hook up an Ethernet - which is connected to my Xbox - to my router or modem. I recently got a new modem which is supposedly to be a lot better than the...
  8. My Xbox is hooked up to my university’s Ethernet and at seemingly random intervals turns my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is hooked up to my university’s Ethernet and at seemingly random intervals turns my...: My Xbox is hooked up to my university’s Ethernet and at seemingly random intervals turns my internet connection of but generally happens between the hours of 5-12....
  9. what do i need 2 do to hook up my xbox to the monitor on my hp laptop,

in XBoX Games and Apps
    what do i need 2 do to hook up my xbox to the monitor on my hp laptop,: im trying to connect my sons xbox1 to my hp laptop so he can use the monitor for gaming . cant seem to figure out how to use monitor for this purpose , if it can be done at all...
  10. How to use xbox 360 hooked up to laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to use xbox 360 hooked up to laptop: I have my Xbox 360 hooked up to my laptop using an HDMI cable but the Xbox's display won't show up on my computer screen. d23c0f9e-144b-4eea-b947-d872621e3712