Couch Co-op splitscreen does not work with our Xboxone accounts - help!

Discus and support Couch Co-op splitscreen does not work with our Xboxone accounts - help! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My Son and I have just moved on from playing the Xbox One edition of Minecraft to the new bedrock edition. We both have Xbox/Microsoft accounts and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NOWDia, Dec 11, 2021.

1. NOWDia
    NOWDia Guest

My Son and I have just moved on from playing the Xbox One edition of Minecraft to the new bedrock edition.

We both have Xbox/Microsoft accounts and splitscreen worked fine on the Xbox One edition.

We tried to play splitscreen on Bedrock but nothing happened...

My account is the main account on the Xbox - I have Xbox live Gold. My Son has his own account but plays on my console so he does not have any xbox live subscriptions.

If I launch a map then he turns his pad on & presses the 3 line option button the game asks if he would like to join as P2 - when he selects his log in nothing happens.... The same thing occurs if I start a map with multiplayer On or Off...

If I create a guest account then a second player CAN join in splitscreen but their progress/achievements not saved.

Interestingly if HE logs in as main account and starts a map then I CAN join his game...

Is all very confusing and I cannot understand why nothing happens if he tries to join me... My account is linked to payment so want to remain the main account for this game to allow me to carry on buying expansions/maps etc for us to play

Help please!

:)

NOWDia, Dec 11, 2021
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Dia welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. Weird... this might be a glitch with the game itself? Have you tried uninstalling and installing the game? Also try these steps:

Open the Xbox Guide by pressing the guide button on the controller and select

Settings.

Select Network Settings.

Select Advanced Settings.

Under Change Settings select Alternate MAC Address.

Select Clear.

Allow the console to restart when prompted.

Then

1. Turn off your Xbox using the power button on the console.

2. Once your Xbox has completely powered down, unplug the power cord from the back of the console. Don't simply unplug the cord from the wall's electrical socket — it must be disconnected from your Xbox.

3. Wait for 5 minutes, and then reconnect the power cord to both the Xbox console and the electrical socket.

4. Let another minute pass. If you're using an original Xbox One (as opposed to an Xbox One S or One X), watch for a small white light to appear on the Xbox One's power brick (the rectangular part of the power cord). Once the white light turns orange, you can turn your Xbox One back on. If you're using an Xbox One S or One X, just wait out the minute and turn it on afterwards.
  3. RedCarGamer Win User

Number of players

First depends of the game, then you need to know if is a splitscreen game or a "couch co-op" (couch co-op doesnt use splitscreen, are like FIFA, PES,...)

If is a splitscreen, probably the general max players should be 2 and for "couch co-op" seems to be 6.

The numbers you talk, as been said above "18", are the max but in online co-op (could vary from game to game).
  4. Quin Sanguine Win User

Epic Mickey 2 - Demo

The early reviews are bad.... they say Oswalt has terrible a.i. and when you do co-op it's splitscreen couch co-op only. No online..... which wouldn't be so bad but the framerate drops significantly in splitscreen, even on the 360. That really disappoints
    me, I had high hopes for this game. I might just get Playstation Allstars instead.
  5. The Cthulhu Win User

Earth Defense Force: 2025

2017 had the best couch co-op ever; does 2025 have local co-op?
  6. IceStorm III Win User

Play on XBox Live with two household players?

Thema:

1. Couch Co-op splitscreen does not work with our Xboxone accounts - help! - Similar Threads - Couch splitscreen does

2. Game sharing Xbox live same Xbox series s console trying to couch co op Diablo 4.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game sharing Xbox live same Xbox series s console trying to couch co op Diablo 4.: Trying to play Diablo 4 game sharing Xbox live couch co op battle net says both accounts need a Xbox live. I share my Xbox live with any profile signed into my console so why would playing local...
  3. Xbox Home page game pass couch co-op add... apparently xbox doesnt understand what couch...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Home page game pass couch co-op add... apparently xbox doesnt understand what couch...: My husband and i saw a cateogory in game pass advertised on the home page titled couch co-op games. Excitedly opened it up, and saw a bunch of games we never knew were couch co-op, turns out...
  4. Dad and son multiple player in game pass, gaming together on the couch on console 2 controllers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dad and son multiple player in game pass, gaming together on the couch on console 2 controllers: How can my younger son play games with his dad with 2 controllers one console on his game pass account. They are wanting to play games together but we can’t figure out the multiplayer player mode....
  5. Couch co-op why I think it would be good to have a story driven rpg

in XboX Insiders
    Couch co-op why I think it would be good to have a story driven rpg: Something I’ve always dreamed of was a game that me and my cousin could play together that we both could make choices and costume our characters Ever since I was a kid I dreamed of this We’re me...
  6. Can you play couch co-op (cooperative) on PC with Xbox Game Pass PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you play couch co-op (cooperative) on PC with Xbox Game Pass PC?: I'd like to subscribe to game pass and play couch coop with friends in my living room. Is that possible to do or is couch coop only possible with the console version of game pass? Thanks...
  7. Xbox Series X Couch Multiplayer on two TVs?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X Couch Multiplayer on two TVs?: Hey, is it possible to create a way so that I can play a couch multiplayer supporting game, but instead of splitting one TV in half for the two players to use, use two different TVs and have it so...
  8. Best Couch Co-op or vs split screen Games on Xbox Series X for me and my son

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Best Couch Co-op or vs split screen Games on Xbox Series X for me and my son: Hi Guys Could anyone recommend any Couch Co-op or vs split screen Games on Xbox Series X for me and my 8 year old son please? We have gold and game pass but cannot seem to find many games that...
  9. 'couch coop' not working on Xbox game pass games

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    'couch coop' not working on Xbox game pass games: Hello, I'm having issues trying to play offline multiplayer on Xbox game pass. In short, any game that asks the second player to press the menu button to join doesn't work (doesn't allow them to...
  10. Any memories playing couch co-op?

in XBoX on Windows
    Any memories playing couch co-op?: I feel like couch co-op is no longer a thing. Growing up, I loved playing split-screen with friends and family. Call of Duty was my favorite game to play with my cousins. We would always play...