Cortana will not turn xbox on recently. Other voice commands work normally.

Discus and support Cortana will not turn xbox on recently. Other voice commands work normally. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Cortana has recently stopped being able to turn my xbox on. For years I have been able to use voice commands with my Kinect to turn the console on and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DFA1, Apr 6, 2018.

1. DFA1
    DFA1 Guest

Cortana has recently stopped being able to turn my xbox on. For years I have been able to use voice commands with my Kinect to turn the console on and in the last month or two Cortana will not turn on. Other voice commands work normally though. Anyone
    have any advice on how to fix this?

:)

DFA1, Apr 6, 2018
  2. blueriver
    blueriver Guest
    Xbox One/Cortana update doesn't work

Cortana voice control was automatically updated this week on my Xbox One console. Voice commands quit as soon as I accepted the updates. I reset the console and Kinect (Settings, Kinect does not hear me), neither worked to activate voice commands on Xbox
    One. I went online to search for solutions. One given was to turn off Cortana. I cannot turn it off using my controller or Xbox Glass. The batteries are new in the controller and all other functions work perfectly. What do I do now?

blueriver, Apr 6, 2018
  3. Xbox dash beta user

Cortina does not work in Canada yet. So no command via voice turns the unit off. Xbox on still works but it will no longer shuts the box down. Have to use controller or power on unit. Defeats the voice command and the kinesthetic not 100% working.
    Microsoft please get Canada in the region for Cortana sooner than later.

XR8D BULLSEYE, Apr 6, 2018
  4. Cortana will not turn xbox on recently. Other voice commands work normally.

Hi there!

By chance if your console enroller in the preview program?

If it is let's be sure to have you post a description of the issue in the
    Insider forums
    so they can begin investigating.

If the console is not part of the program let's have you follow all of the steps on the

Voice commands troubleshooter.

If you run into the same issues, be sure to
    factory reset the console
    and select "keep my games and apps".

Post back and let us know how that goes!

Mister Getafix, Apr 7, 2018
  5. Mister Getafix Win User

Hi there!

By chance if your console enroller in the preview program?

If it is let's be sure to have you post a description of the issue in the
    Insider forums
    so they can begin investigating.

If the console is not part of the program let's have you follow all of the steps on the

Voice commands troubleshooter.

If you run into the same issues, be sure to
    factory reset the console
    and select "keep my games and apps".

Post back and let us know how that goes!
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Turning off voice commands completely

Voice commands will only work if you have a kinect or a headset. Cortana has to be turned on first before you use her voice commands, and if you do not have a kinect, then the Xbox voice commands will not be turned on.
  7. gds1972 Win User

Is there any timetable as to when Microsoft is reintroducing working voice control?

Hi

If you go into the settings section and disable Cortana the console will switch back to the legacy Xbox voice commands.

support.xbox.com/.../cortana-voice-commands

"Revert to Xbox commands

If, for whatever reason, Cortana isn’t what you want, you have the option to go back to the original voice control model using the "Xbox" command. When you switch, here’s what you’ll lose:

Headset voice control

Expanded commands and voice recognition

Voice-to-text input (dictation)

You can bring back Cortana at any time.

To revert to the original voice control model:

Double-tap the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Settings > All settings.

Select System > Cortana settings.

In the snapped window on the right, highlight the On switch, and press the A button to turn it to Off."
  8. ThatTemplarDude Win User

Kinect voice commands will not work since cortina installed.

Hey, so Cortana works a bit differently than the old voice commands, they no longer work. With everything you do with her start out the command with "Hey, Cortana" It's kinda like talking to siri. Just make sure she's turned on in the settings first.
  9. Magicbusband Win User

Astro A50 Mic no longer working after March System update

This fixes the mic symbol.

First make sure your Headset is updated to the most recent firmware using the astro command center.

Next make sure your Headset is assigned to your profile under Kinect & Devices / Devices & Accessories. - This fixes Cortana commands and voice to text.

Next disable Cortana then re enable Cortana it will make you restart your Xbox both times.

That should work.

I have an A50 and just figured it out this evening, cortana is working great and voice to text is great too.
Thema:

1. Cortana will not turn xbox on recently. Other voice commands work normally. - Similar Threads - Cortana turn recently

2. I want Cortana back on Xbox one i wanted Cortana back on Xbox one

in XboX Insiders
    I want Cortana back on Xbox one i wanted Cortana back on Xbox one: I want Cortana back on Xbox one i missed have her on Xbox one submitted by /u/jjrice2233 [link] [comments]
  3. i want Cortana back on on Xbox one

in XboX Insiders
    i want Cortana back on on Xbox one: I remember she got removed from Xbox one i want Cortana back on Xbox one submitted by /u/jjrice2233 [link] [comments]
  4. Cortana

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cortana: I was told the Cortana A.I, would be removed. Yet if the United Nations is still fighting for people and A.I. rights . To keep their A.I. Did Microsoft leave a trace of Cortana A.I. , because my...
  5. Cortana No Longer Supported issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cortana No Longer Supported issue: Hello, i love the voice/video capbilitoes of the Kinect. I know its no longer actuvely supported by xbox/microsoft. And so by extension, Cortana on xbox is no longer supported. Is there a way to...
  6. Here a recommendation for a new update, finally remove "cortana settings" it's kind of...

in XboX Insiders
    Here a recommendation for a new update, finally remove "cortana settings" it's kind of...: [IMG] submitted by /u/AqAqGT [link] [comments]
  7. Cortana on Invoke Speaker refuses to turn on Xbox, but will do anything else on Xbox if it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cortana on Invoke Speaker refuses to turn on Xbox, but will do anything else on Xbox if it...: . After seeing Xbox advertising works with Alexa on my screen, I was gifted a Harmon Kardon Invoke speaker with Cortana, and I bought one. With the Xbox off, if I say "Hey, Cortana turn on the...
  8. Impossible to turn cortana off...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Impossible to turn cortana off...: Cortana used to be turned off on my xbox, but lately she has been activated, dont know how or why, amd is causing havoc with my games she will randomly go and do something stupid like shutdown or...
  9. How do I turn off the Cortana popup messages?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I turn off the Cortana popup messages?: I've set up an Xbox One S for my parents as a media hub. I've turned Cortana off because they actually use "Hey, Cortana" on their Windows 10 notebook PC--often in the same room as the Xbox. They...
  10. Can't Turn off Cortana, Won't Shut up after turned off!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Turn off Cortana, Won't Shut up after turned off!: Randomly the Cortana feature starting speaking while I was playing a game last night, something that has never happened before. I don't really use the Kinect so I tried to turn it off. I followed...