Correct aspect ratio/resolution for LG 35WN65C when playing games on Xbox

Discus and support Correct aspect ratio/resolution for LG 35WN65C when playing games on Xbox in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently purchased a LG 35WN65C and there is no aspect ratio that allows me to correctly use the full screen without the game looked stretched. Is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jrdell123, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Jrdell123
    Jrdell123 Guest

I recently purchased a LG 35WN65C and there is no aspect ratio that allows me to correctly use the full screen without the game looked stretched. Is there an adjustment that can be made either on the monitor or on my xbox that will allow me to use the full screen when gaming?

:)

Jrdell123, Sep 29, 2022
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Unfortunately this isn't possible. Your display is an Ultra-Wide (3440x1440) and as yet Xbox consoles don't support Ultra-Wide 21:9 aspect resolutions.

They only support the more common 16:9 aspect resolutions such as 720P (1280x720), 1080P (1920x1080), 1440P (2560x1440) and 4K (3840x2160).

These monitors are really designed for PC usage rather than game consoles. Unfortunately this means you're either going to be stuck with either a stretched image or one with bars at top and bottom of the display.
  3. Internet Expert Win User

Xbox One X and the LG 32UD99-W

Check your monitor’s OSD settings. There should be an option for aspect ratio, but the

LG manual
    states that if you’re already at 2160p (4K) resolution, there shouldn’t be any stretching in the first place.

Also verify in the Xbox display settings that you’re at 4K resolution.
  4. Jurgen1488 Win User

Problem with display

On the TV remote control, find the SCREEN or Aspect or Aspect Ratio button. And set the correct screen resolution.

Mostly, this button is marked with a screen image and four arrows to the sides.
  5. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

All games are suddenly widescreen

I am unsure what you mean by "widescreen" as all retail games--that I'm aware of--since the early 2000s have been in a 16:9 resolution because of the wide-spread adoption of televisions in that aspect ratio. 720p and 1080p both natively display at a 16:9
    aspect ratio. The only screen resolution that the Xbox 360 supports that is not at that aspect ratio is 480p which is in a 4:3 ratio.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox one S won't output 1440p on 3440x1440p acer predator X34 monitor

21:9 aspect ratio
    Hi,

There is your issue. Xbox One only supports 1440P on 16:9 aspect ratios (2560x1440).

Xbox supports your vertical resolution (1440), but not your display's horizontal resolution of 3440.

I have no idea if MS will support 21:9 aspect ratio's on Xbox One in the future, although I believe Series X will.
Thema:

1. Correct aspect ratio/resolution for LG 35WN65C when playing games on Xbox - Similar Threads - Correct aspect ratio

2. I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly...

in XBoX on Windows
    I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly...: I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly installed on Xbox went fine then when restarted it came up with a screen to put letters in the app to connect...
  3. Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?: I don't have xbox console, only the controller. I use it to play games on my laptop (windows 10). I left the controller untouched quite some time (2 or 3 months without playing). when i came back...
  4. Dolby Atmos for home theater not upmixing stereo games correctly

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos for home theater not upmixing stereo games correctly: I was playing Inside and I notice that the upmixer only sends audio to the height channels, center and surround channels are blank with no audio. submitted by /u/jay23738 [link] [comments]
  5. Capture Saving not correctly showing correct folder for recent captures

in XBoX on Windows
    Capture Saving not correctly showing correct folder for recent captures: Last week i wanted to save my captures to my external hard drive. instead of saving them to a specific folder within the harddrive, i had them save to the entire hard drive its self. because of...
  6. profiles and party not working correctly

in XBoX on Windows
    profiles and party not working correctly: When I open anyone’s profile, it doesn’t load and just sits there, so I can’t invite anyone or join off their profile. As for parties, when someone invites me and I join, it shows no profile...
  7. New Xbox Series S won't connect to Wi-Fi after restart with the correct password. It worked...

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox Series S won't connect to Wi-Fi after restart with the correct password. It worked...: I've tried unplugging for a little bit, restarting, and factory reset, but nothing is working. I just got it a month ago brand new. It connects to my hotspot but not my home Wi-Fi....
  8. xbox remote play not working correctly

in XboX Insiders
    xbox remote play not working correctly: when i start my remote play on my pc it will display a drone or rocket ship then turn completely black, ive tried unplugging hdmi and deleting and redownloading the xbox app for windows but still...
  9. I just bought this Xbox elite controller 2, it refuses to sync correctly and it's fully...

in XBoX on Windows
    I just bought this Xbox elite controller 2, it refuses to sync correctly and it's fully...: Seriously. Fresh out of the box and off the charger : it won't stay on. It indicates 100% battery so charging doesn't fix this. We have tried all the stupid troubleshoots for this and nothing...
  10. Aspect ratio is not correct (Android)

in XBoX on Mobile
    Aspect ratio is not correct (Android): Hi there, if i start the xbox game pass app on my Samsung Galaxy S20 FE the aspect ratio is not correct. I just see 2/3 of the display. Xbox Game pass app removed und newly installed. Same...