Core (Plus) Wired Controller - Not being detected by Windows 11?

Discus and support Core (Plus) Wired Controller - Not being detected by Windows 11? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello. I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and I have a controller that I used to use when I was on Windows 10 for playing games like Smash Melee or any... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jack Hanna, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Jack Hanna
    Jack Hanna Guest

Hello. I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and I have a controller that I used to use when I was on Windows 10 for playing games like Smash Melee or any other game that's better with a controller. It is a Gamecube controller which Nintendo specifically created for the Switch console for the purpose of playing Smash Ultimate. Here is a link to the controller, which I bought from Best Buy.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/powera...do-switch-wired-black/6260943.p?skuId=6260943

Now, it is not being detected by my computer as a controller. Right now it is plugged into my computer. I open Device Manager and here is what it labels the device when I plug it in, either to one of the USBs on the front of my computer or the back of my computer (attached Screenshot 1).

Core (Plus) Wired Controller - Not being detected by Windows 11? [​IMG]

Okay, no problem. I open up Windows' joystick settings for setting up wired controllers to see if it's there. Nothing is there. The computer isn't detecting this device as a controller at all (attached Screenshot 2).

I open up Steam in Big Picture Mode to see if it detects the controller there. Nothing either. It says "no controllers are connected," so modifying which driver I use by clicking any of those buttons is futile (attached Screenshot 3).

I have no idea what is going on at this point. I even tried downloading Zadig, which everyone says fixes any controller issues, and that didn't work.

I scoured the internet (perhaps not hard enough, though) and found nothing helpful. I still have this controller I want to use and it isn't usable on my computer. Can someone, anyone, please help me figure this out?

:)

Jack Hanna, Aug 6, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Jack

May I know which troubleshooting steps you have done so far to fix this? (Besides the ones described) In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

I found a tutorial that might help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTMq3vARsko

If maybe the issue persists (or you're not able to map correctly the buttons), right now the best option is downgrade to Windows 10 in order to use again your controller

** This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  4. Jack Hanna Win User

Okay. I would like to try Xinput. Can you guide me through the process?

No, I haven't contacted PowerA, nor do I really know how. I can look into that.
  5. Jack Hanna Win User

Hello Josef. Thank you for reaching out to try to help me.

I haven't done many other steps. I downloaded Zadig and updated the driver using this program (as you can see in this screenshot).
    [​IMG]

This, unfortunately, did not do anything. That's pretty much all I did.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks for the update, well... I can advise you to use Xinput (is a program) to force the controller recognition...

But I think that the issue lies more in a driver incompatibility with Windows 11

Are you able to double check this with the manufacturer? (PowerA)
Thema:

1. Core (Plus) Wired Controller - Not being detected by Windows 11? - Similar Threads - Core Plus Wired

2. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  3. elite 2 core A B X Y buttons missing clicks

in XBoX on Consoles
    elite 2 core A B X Y buttons missing clicks: Hello, I received my new Elite 2 Core a few days ago. Right out of the box, I noticed that the A button misses a click and does not register it. It happens with the X, Y, and B buttons as well,...
  4. Can't redeem an Xbox Game Pass Core Gift Card

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't redeem an Xbox Game Pass Core Gift Card: I tried redeeming a game pass core 1 month gift card and I can't redeem it. It says that I'm one step closer and to use any payment method for auto renewal. I always use the account balance for it...
  5. Xbox game pass core 3 months congratulations you're one step closer press confirm something...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game pass core 3 months congratulations you're one step closer press confirm something...: I can't use my game pass core df24437e-9c02-48a0-b86e-53dd02334e60
  6. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues: So my controller is becoming unresponsive, at times no form of input gets a response and sometimes just straight up disconnects. Pad is always connected via USB cable, never via Bluetooth. I've...
  7. Im having problems with my xbox elite core controller. My bottom left paddle button when i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im having problems with my xbox elite core controller. My bottom left paddle button when i...: Is there any way to resolve this issue? b9dd45c2-10df-4372-b52d-05338aeaeb89
  8. Dell i7 core computer looping though blue green red black and white while booting

in XBoX on Windows
    Dell i7 core computer looping though blue green red black and white while booting: My dell computer while its booting up loops through blue red green white and black and it wont stop i need help. 74318dbb-6647-4220-827a-50d78e8cd7ea
  9. why is my code for upgrade from game pass core to ultimate NOT WORKING

in XBoX on Windows
    why is my code for upgrade from game pass core to ultimate NOT WORKING: I redeemed reward points so I could change from game pass core to game pass ultimate has NOT WORKED on xbox showing in my order history states its done but it has NOT when I go onto my xbox one...
  10. Brought a Xbox elite core 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brought a Xbox elite core 2: Brought a controller this month and my Y button isn’t responding anyway went to register it on Microsoft devices comes up I only have 4 months warranty left out of a 1 year how????? It’s new...